• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vancouver Hotels - What would you recommend?

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
For those who have sailed to Alaska, what hotels did you love for before embarkation? My family is planning to go on the June 12-19 sailing and stay in Vancouver 2 nights before embarkation. We’re seriously considering the Pan Pacific for its convenience (and harbor views to watch the ships!), but wondering if there are other nearby hotels we shouldn’t overlook. Or, if you stayed at the Pan Pacific, was it great, or overrated? (For reference, we’re a family of three - DH, myself, and 8-year-old DD)

I’d stay at the Empress in Victoria and then take the ferry over in the morning.

In Vancouver, we have stayed at the Westin Bayshore and Grandville Island Hotel. The Westin is right next to Stanley Park and Granville Island is a really cool boutique hotel with a ton of stuff you can walk to in the summer.

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre has been decent for us. Close to grocery stores to stock up on water/snacks. Also, lots of food places within walking distance. Easy to get a cab in the morning to take you to port. Also, if you want to do whale watching tours, it's usually within walking distance to a hotel that will be a pickup location.

Vancouver local here. Pan Pacific or fairmont waterfront are most convenient to port! Take the seabus over to the north shore and enjoy lonsdsle quay for great fun food options snd market. The famous beavertails are there.
Both hotels will take your luggage from room to ship for you too.

We loved the Westin in Vancouver. It was a nice hotel and if you request a room with a waterfront view you can see the Wonder sail in. My kids loved watching the Wonder come to port. We really enjoyed walking from the Westin to explore Stanley Park with our kids and the hotel restaurant had a great breakfast.

Stayed at the fairmont about five blocks from the port. Fantastic hotel, great staff and great location. Avis rent a car next door if needed also.

Stayed at the Pan Pacific this year and loved it, the location was perfect. Didn’t even look at anywhere else for our pre cruise stay for next year, booked again

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in 2017, and it was very nice (for a Hampton Inn), walking distance to restaurants, Stanley Park, etc., free breakfast, and a shuttle to the port. It was also within walking distance from the train station, so we used that to get from the airport to the hotel. The train was very convenient and easy to use.

If you’re a Marriott fan, we stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle and loved it! Great view of the ships coming in and easy walk to the port. Here’s our vlog video that shows the view and the walk to the port.

If you’re a Marriott fan, we stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle and loved it! Great view of the ships coming in and easy walk to the port. Here’s our vlog video that shows the view and the walk to the port.
Did the Marriott transfer your luggage for you? It looked like you weren’t hauling anything with you on your walk to the port (that’s one of the things that appeals to us with the Pan Pacific)

Did the Marriott transfer your luggage for you? It looked like you weren’t hauling anything with you on your walk to the port (that’s one of the things that appeals to us with the Pan Pacific)
Ha, nevermind, I just needed to finish the video 😆

I watched your blog recently as we are considering an Alaska Disney cruise in the very near future! Loved watching it!

Another vote for the Marriott Pinnacle. We wanted to use my husband's Marriott points and this worked perfectly for us. The location is wonderful for exploring the area and the hotel is lovely. As you see from the video posted above it's only two blocks away from the port. We also had quite a bit of luggage so we didn't want to walk with the bags. This was back in 2017 and I'm not sure how prevalent Uber and Lyft were back then, but we just grabbed one of the multiple cabs that were basically lined up outside the hotel all day long. I think it was about a 6 or 7 dollar fare plus tip. So if you are a Marriott Bonvoy member and want to use or add to your points, this is a great option. Don't let the fact that it's not right at the port concern you. It's truly no big deal to get to there!

I stayed at the Delta Downtown Suites on Marriott points. I chose the Delta over the Pinnacle because it was closer to the SkyTrain station than the Pinnacle, but just as close to the port. Plus I enjoyed walking around Gastown while I was there.

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre has been decent for us. Close to grocery stores to stock up on water/snacks. Also, lots of food places within walking distance. Easy to get a cab in the morning to take you to port. Also, if you want to do whale watching tours, it's usually within walking distance to a hotel that will be a pickup location.
Agree, loved it here

If you find a rate you like the Pan Pacific can’t be beat for convenience. And don’t bother get the the rate which says it includes baggage transfer to the ship, any rate will do it, just let the front desk know when you check in.

We stayed in the Pan Pacific in a harbor view panoramic room and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Watching the ship come in just after sunrise was so special. It was like Christmas morning for my kids (who were 15 and 11!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter