Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle or Fairmont Waterfront pre Alaska sailing?

jourknee2master

Earning My Ears
Looking to book our stay pre Alaska sailing to get into full planning. I am between the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown vs Fairmont Waterfront. Any preferences or recommendations elsewhere? Not trying to go too crazy on budget (Pan Pacific) but still want to have space as it will be 4-5 adults.

In 2022 we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront (2 adults) and if we ever visit Vancouver/take another Alaskan cruise we would stay there again. The room was large and spacious, and we were able to see the cruise ships docking at the cruise terminal from our room.

Everything that we wanted to do was within walking distance of the hotel and they took our luggage to the cruise terminal when we checked out. There was plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

Psy

I'd stay at the Waterfront since you can just walk on over when the ship arrives. We stayed at the Pan Pacific because DM is disabled and even that short walk from the Fairmont was stressing her out, but I really liked the look of the Fairmont right there across the street.

Looking to book our stay pre Alaska sailing to get into full planning. I am between the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown vs Fairmont Waterfront. Any preferences or recommendations elsewhere? Not trying to go too crazy on budget (Pan Pacific) but still want to have space as it will be 4-5 adults.
We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in June 2022, which is 1 block down from the Waterfront. Hands down, it was one of the best parts of the trip. Amazing service from start to finish.

We stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in June 2022, which is 1 block down from the Waterfront. Hands down, it was one of the best parts of the trip. Amazing service from start to finish.
That was a pretty fancy hotel!
Wonderful experience!
And we watched the Disney Wonder dock from our room in the morning!

We stayed at the Exchange that is a block or two from the water front it was cheaper and really not far from the 2 you mentioned. . Easy walk down to and we just took our luggage down the side walk to the ship .

It’s easy to take the train from the airport to any of these hotels .

I am that outlier - I liked the YWCA hotel across from the BC Arena. We had one night pre-cruise, as we weren’t settling in to live. We had 2 adults and 3 teens. Everyone got a bed and the bathroom was en suite. I would book it again. We don’t need extra services nor attention and are capable of using the train to get to the port. (The older we get, the more not sharing a room does become appealing ☺️). The Y does have regular rooms, also, at great rates.

I have also stayed at the Pan Pacific. But just saw the prices over $1K for Memorial Day pre-cruise. Yikes. Now I know why my niece is staying at the Hampton Inn across from the BC Arena again (she also stayed there on Honeymoon pre-DCL cruise. I had booked that one points).

I like to think I take hotel savings and get to do the shore excursions (and more cruises) I want without breaking the bank. Throwing no shade in those who can afford to live lavishly.

We stayed at the Marriott pinnacle before one cruise. Have been to the area for another cruise and for work. The Marriott pinnacle was a great location especially if you have some time to spend and look around the area. The hotel was nice, you get your points., If you are a Marriott member,. Or can book your stay with points to further reduce cost if that’s an option for you.

It was easily walkable to the port , even if it was a little farther. Easy walk to the convention center area and East for things to do and slightly closer to Stanley Park to the west along the water. You can walk from the train line ( airport access if you are avoiding a car) if you want to go further away for site seeing.

The room was fine for our party of three. Great water views. The pool area was decent but smaller and we didn’t use it. There was some little mix up with our room being ready but nothing crazy bad. The management proactively gave us a dining credit and sent a nice tray of food and drinks in the afternoon.

We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle because we wanted to book with my husband's Marriott points. We loved it. It's a great location, walkable to the port, the hop on / hop bus stop and lots of restaurants. We stayed there for three nights before our cruise and it was a terrific home base for exploring Vancouver. We did take a cab to the port (very inexpensive) as we had a lot of luggage but we really could have walked it. I've never stayed at the Fairmont, but I'm sure it's lovely. It was very expensive when I was pricing out hotels, and while it's slightly closer I'd still rather stay at the Marriott and either book with points or earn points.

The Pinnacle is usually a good bit cheaper than either the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont Waterfront. You can still easily walk to the port from the Pinnacle. It's a solid hotel.

I stayed at the Residence Inn and could walk to Granville Island. They set up a taxi to the pier for me on check in day. I spent a lot more time at GI than around the port on my 3 days to explore Vancouver. Both places are close to hop on hop off stops, if you plan to use that bus. Just wanted to give you a different opinion.

I am not sure if bed size is any importance to you, but I was forewarned by friends that most of the beds are doubles instead of Queens. If my research is correct, both only had doubles as options. For that reason, we ended up booking Delta Hotels by Marriott to be sure we got two queen beds, as we have 2 adults and 2 teens.

I am not sure if bed size is any importance to you, but I was forewarned by friends that most of the beds are doubles instead of Queens. If my research is correct, both only had doubles as options. For that reason, we ended up booking Delta Hotels by Marriott to be sure we got two queen beds, as we have 2 adults and 2 teens.
This is what we found as well. I really prefer a queen bed. We stayed at the Pacific Rim as well. Just wonderful, but budget busting for sure!

We stayed at The Pan Pacific pre-cruise and the Fairmont Waterfront post-cruise. Our cruise was 6 years ago, obviously the pricing was way less, but we booked a club level room at Pan Pacific for about $500 through booking.com

the view from the club lounge, morning of the cruiseIMG_4965.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter