VB reservations

JimC

DVC Co-Moderator
I would like to get others views on the importance of the 11 month booking window ("home" resort advantage) for the following reservation times at Vero Beach:

All are studios with Sunday or Monday check-in and Friday check-out. Point requirements are 188 if four nights and 235 if 5 nights each stay.

Late January (Dream season)
Late April (Magic season - can adjust for this when needed)
Late July (Dream season)
Late October (Adventure season)

I would prefer to add on to my OKW contract because of the lower maintenance costs. But I am concerned that I may not have a likely chance of getting those reservations without home resort advantage.

Thank you all.

JimC said:
I would like to get others views on the importance of the 11 month booking window ("home" resort advantage) for the following reservation times at Vero Beach:

All are studios with Sunday or Monday check-in and Friday check-out. Point requirements are 188 if four nights and 235 if 5 nights each stay.

Late January (Dream season)
Late April (Magic season - can adjust for this when needed)
Late July (Dream season)
Late October (Adventure season)

I would prefer to add on to my OKW contract because of the lower maintenance costs. But I am concerned that I may not have a likely chance of getting those reservations without home resort advantage.

Thank you all.

I don't think you would have a problem in January, April and July are a little harder, you might have to be a little more flexible at the 7th month mark and I don't believe there is much of an issue in October either. I booked VB at the 6th month mark for July 4th week and got it. I wanted a 1 bdrm and had to take 2 inn rooms ( which I think worked better) but we still had a great time. It is a great property!!

January is definitely not a problem. I just booked an Inn room yesterday for a long weekend in late January and I had my pick of the resort (well, I don't know about the cottages, but they had all other room types available).

I'm interested in hearing your response to April. I think that would be the hardest of the group you mentioned.

This isn't specific to your times but may help.... We made reservations for President's Week this coming Feb. We were able to get 2 OVIR's at the 7 month mark with no wait list but we did call day-by-day at 9ish. I thought this might have been a difficult week with all the northern schools out and the Daytona 500. We also reserved a OVIR this past May only a few months out.

Oh, did I mention, I really want a 150pt add-on at VB!!! I might justify it some day! I'm trying! Love the look of those beach cottages but can only go during high times, therefore need the home resort to get it.

Bumping up to see if any others have a view. Thanks.

Yes, I am also looking to do an add-on and feel it will probably be VB. We would split our Orlando vacation up to 4 nights at WDW and 3 at the beach. Also, the price is much more attractive for an add-on!!!! As for the MF, if they are $100 more per year then SSR, but we save $2000, that is 20 years of MF before it catches-up to the cost of ownership for SSR!

I will be calling next week( 7 month window) to try to get a studio or Oceanview Inn room for the week after Easter! I'll let you know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter