VCR in a bag--have any of you bought one of these?

KerriKaden

Mouseketeer
These look pretty neat for $269. But have any of you actually tried it yet? Here's a link to it:
Target--VCR in a Bag

Let me know what you guys think. We have about 16+ hours of driving, and I would love to get one of these.
Thanks.

KK - That looks cool to me. We have a tv/vcr console that slides between the two front seats and we love it. The kids are usually good for 3 or 4 movies. DH and I can actually have a conversation while we are driving without interruption. My kids are terrible travelers and this has helped us a lot. One thing we like to do is bring movies that we have seen again and again and again and sometimes we will all do the dialogue, keeps DH awake and alert.

We looked at these but decided against getting one. We have a car and sit with the seats pretty far back. I was afraid that the kids would be messing with the controls with their feet etc....

We bought a similar one called "Video Traveler" off the internet before our trip last October, and we absolutely love it! Our drive was a little longer than yours, and it kept our DD completely content. Having it in a backpack makes it very easy to transport and conceal when pit stops are made. Looks like this one would be a welcome diversion for your trip!:)

We absolutley LOVE ours!! It was a lifesaver!! Our dd was almost three on our first trip to WDW in May, about a 13 hour drive, and she was terrific! All because of this wonderful invention.

CatOne

K-Mart have one on sale right now for $250 down from $400. We are planning on getting it. The screen detaches as well which will be handy and velcro's to the headrest, so has any tried this one?. Has the 4" monitor again which is tiny!!, but heck if they are lucky enough to get TV in the car they can suffer the screen right!.

More Info Audiovox Portable 4 In. LCD Monitor and Video
Our Price: $270.00
(Retail Value: $348.00)
SAVE $78
Play back videos or plug in videogames to keep the kids happy in the car!!

2010106559_SM.jpg

Here is the link
http://www.smartbargains.com/cat.asp?deptId=7&catId=55&page=2&ob=

Hope this helps!!

Believe it or not, that 4" monitor isn't that bad when your staring right at it! Tink, all I would suggest is TRY IT before the trip (kinda a no-brainer). My dw's mini van has the fold down screen built in, and it is truly the best for kids!! Beats playing "I-spy" any day.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Bob.

I saw a post on one of these boards that took me to a "Survive the Drive" website that had these tv/vcr in a bag for rent for $99 for the week. It looks like a good deal but I am wary of renting over the internet. Anyone know where you can rent these inperson? OUr budget doesnt allow to buy one right now, plus I would like to try one out before we do that. Thanks for any info anyone has!!!

It was hard to tell from the picture- does anybody know if this is small enough to bring on an airplane? And does it run on batteries?

We wanted to get a portable DVD player, but they are just TOO expensive.

Thanks

I purchased a 9 in TV/VCR combo for a cross country trip from GA to CO. My kids absolutely loved it, but we ran into a problem. We found that during the day, while we were driving west,the sun was shining behind us and they had a hard time seeing the screen. Does anyone have that problem with this screens?

DOES THE VCR IN A BAG VIBRATE MUCH? IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS HOOK WITH ELASTIC. I AM NOT SURE IF I WANT THE ONE THAT SITS ON THE FLOOR OR THE VCR IN A BAG.

I went with the purpse of buying this VCR in Bag which they had one left at 249.00, but I went to the electronics dept and found on audiovox DVD portable player on clearance for 349.00. I hemmed and hawed for a good 30 mins b4 making a decision bc it was a 100.00 difference, but I decided to go with the DVD player, bc at least I can hook it up to the TV in my room when we are thru travelling. Also it has a larger screen, 5.8 "

My son and daughter are driving to WDW in November with my 2 grandsons (4 and 6). To keep the peace in the car for the 2 day drive from NJ I'm planning on buying one of the TV/VCR combo tv's (9 inch screen). How did you attach yours in the car. I'm just afraid of it flying around. I'm thinking the always useful duct tape.

We have a portable DVD player, which is a lifesaver in the car. But, if you get one of them for air travel, be forewarned...the batteries only last long enough to play about one movie. If your flight is looong, it won't provide all the diversion you need. Extra batteries are about $100 each. We've also taken a laptop with a DVD player, but you can wind up with the same problem. No warning...your movie is just GONZO! I like DVD's because of the size. If you're really in a pinch for space, you can put the disks into one of those "CD wallets" and take a bunch along in almost no space at all.

I guess we're on our own with this idea! I figure duct tape, or bungee cords. If we got one of those video travelers with the 4 inch screen, the two boys would undoubtedly fight over whose side the screen was on!

I have a Chevy Van with the 9 inch tv /vcr combo sitting inside of a prefabricated wood console. It's really just a box that sits on the floor, with holes cut out so you can pass the cables through for power, antennae, and external speakers.

The tv just sits on the floor, it isn't attached to anything, and it has never fallen out or bumped against the top of the box or anything like that. It's been in the van since it was new, and that was in '93 and over 130,000 miles ago. I have had to remove it a couple of times to make more room for access to the doghouse, so I know there isn't anything holding it down except gravity.

I think the weight of it keeps it situated on the floor and I never drive 'off road', so it just has to contend with the bumps that I try to avoid anyway.

As far as avoiding the sun light for tv viewing, they make sun screens that have little suction cups on them that you can move from one window to another, if you had two of them, you should be able to adjust them and move them as needed.

I'm sure that the heavy duty type velcro would be sufficient to hold it down if you just wanted it to sit on the floor in the middle of the front seats or something like that.

If it has an external speaker jack or a headphone jack, you can get an adapter at Radio Shack to connect two headphones into one jack, just be sure to match the size of the plug correctly.

The two headphones idea is a good one, I'll have to check into that. Also velcro is a thought too. Thanks for your help!:)

I just bought a 9" tv/vcr combo to drive to WDW in November. Because I
wanted it to absorb shock and tilt the front of the TV up, I used the "wedge"
I bought for support when I was pregnant. It's a fabric covered wedge
and it seems to work fine. I did use heavy duty velcro to attach the TV to the
wedge and I also put velcro on the remote so it would stick to the Tv when
not in use. My only concern is whether I'm getting enough ventilation by sitting it on the
foam. I will check out the "stand" that tilts, if it's still available at Target. Does anyone know
how much heat is normal for these TV's to generate??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter