• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VDH Favorite Weeks Chart

Agreed. We do but we fly from Australia and don't spend every day in the parks. A FW would be okay for us. But I won't because I own VGC and spending a week there is nicer.
Can you run me through a typical week for you at Disneyland? I’m genuinely curious how people spend a week there. I go a lot and was local so I would love to see DL from your perspective!

Say your FW week is booked at 12 months using the 10% premium, and at 11 months that week is available, can you switch and scoop up the remaining points?

To add, by the time you call MS, which opens an hour later, the room you want might not be there once the cancellation happens…and you might not be able to get it back.

Can you run me through a typical week for you at Disneyland? I’m genuinely curious how people spend a week there. I go a lot and was local so I would love to see DL from your perspective!
Fly in, stumble off the plane after 14 hours like some pseudo-drunk idiot because we aren't making sense. Typically the first couple of days are in the parks. We usually have one or two resort days with a leisurely lunch either at Hearthstone, Craftsman or somewhere in DTD. The first table service at DL is always Cafe Orleans. Mornings start off each day with a coffee at DLH. We sometimes pop over to Universal or go visit friends. On "tropical themed days" we hit up Trader Sam's at twilight, sit outside and listen to the musicians. Then we book a table service for dinner. There's usually a "cocktail day" when we dress dapper and have a manhattan at Carthay.

I have two UY for VGC. One is my "week long stay" and we fly home. The other is a small point contract for my "layover stay": two nights that breaks up the trip flying back to Australia from WDW. I dont love the 24 hr flights in one leg anymore.

It has become less about the parks over time and more about the atmosphere. That's why the DVC resort is a fundamental component of the vacation, moreso than the parks sometimes. A week is much easier to do non-park things at DL as opposed to Tokyo Disney Resort where we used to go for a week. It's park heavy there and although amazing, no space to unwind.

I could do it as I visit LA often and can just use it as my hotel. However there are so many nicer hotels in LA that it’ll be hard to justified money wise and to my family why we staying at Disneyland.
Anaheim is way too far from other places I visit when I’m there. I’d rather check out and stay at other hotels closer to other places for the non-DL portions of my trip.

Fly in, stumble off the plane after 14 hours like some pseudo-drunk idiot because we aren't making sense. Typically the first couple of days are in the parks. We usually have one or two resort days with a leisurely lunch either at Hearthstone, Craftsman or somewhere in DTD. The first table service at DL is always Cafe Orleans. Mornings start off each day with a coffee at DLH. We sometimes pop over to Universal or go visit friends. On "tropical themed days" we hit up Trader Sam's at twilight, sit outside and listen to the musicians. Then we book a table service for dinner. There's usually a "cocktail day" when we dress dapper and have a manhattan at Carthay.

I have two UY for VGC. One is my "week long stay" and we fly home. The other is a small point contract for my "layover stay": two nights that breaks up the trip flying back to Australia from WDW. I dont love the 24 hr flights in one leg anymore.

It has become less about the parks over time and more about the atmosphere. That's why the DVC resort is a fundamental component of the vacation, moreso than the parks sometimes. A week is much easier to do non-park things at DL as opposed to Tokyo Disney Resort where we used to go for a week. It's park heavy there and although amazing, no space to unwind.
Make sure to check out Knott's Berry Farm next trip. Only a 15-minute UBER from VGC to visit the west coast's first amusement park. A place Walt visited and took some ideas from. The Union Plaza restaurant was built because Walt was tired of watching guest leave his park on Sunday evenings to go eat Sunday dinner at Mrs. Knott's famous Chicken Dinner Restraunt.

Make sure to check out Knott's Berry Farm next trip. Only a 15-minute UBER from VGC to visit the west coast's first amusement park. A place Walt visited and took some ideas from. The Union Plaza restaurant was built because Walt was tired of watching guest leave his park on Sunday evenings to go eat Sunday dinner at Mrs. Knott's famous Chicken Dinner Restraunt.
Love Knotts Berry Farm. Their Halloween night is...scary lol. Its great for larger family trips as its cheaper, and has thrill rides for the teens and toddler rides. Next time you get "robbed" on the train ride, just put on your Disney hat and tell them "I've already been robbed."

We also typically go for a week at a time, a few trips a year. We have 3 little ones so we take it easy and also spend a ridiculous amount of time in bathrooms. Also lots of meals/snacks/breaks. We have local family members that will typically join us for part of a day or two at the parks or for a meal in our room.

To add, by the time you call MS, which opens an hour later, the room you want might not be there once the cancellation happens…and you might not be able to get it back.
The fixed week is booked at 12 months and I can call and cancel it before my 11 month window even opens. If i cancel my fixed week I just need to wait for the 11 month window like everyone else to book.

My fixed week has become more valuable as a result of point chart reallocations. Still haven’t used the points for the fixed week but it’s nice to have the option.

My guide told me they aren’t selling the garden category right away but might offer it later.

I would really consider a "Favorite Stay" type of contract that is a ~10-15% points premium, but not so strictly 7 nights Sun - Sun.

Not even specific to VDH, but also WDW. We've had 42 stays completed or booked, none have started on a Sunday. It's just auto-disqualifying for how we travel.

Maybe a "Favorite Wed - Sun" at VDH. Or a "Favorite Sat - Fri" at WDW so I can finish my vacation with a weekend DCL sailing (or a B2B). Or a "Favorite Sat - next Mon" at WDW to finish with a 4-night cruise.

We are also from Australia. I find 5 nights at Disneyland enough, coupled with a trip to Aulani on the way back. WDW is a different story. We stay for minimum 14 nights and take it slow enjoying the resorts and parks together. Our most recent trip we coupled WDW with Aulani.. I didn't really find that stopover needed and much prefer the DL/Aulani strategy. WDW can standalone.

They changed the wording when BPK was added last year and the charts now call them favorite weeks.

If you look at post #1 it is called favorite week on the chart.
I think they call it a Guaranteed week on my CCV contract . Not sure. I wonder why they would change the name ?

I think they call it a Guaranteed week on my CCV contract . Not sure. I wonder why they would change the name ?

No idea. But last year they changed it when they updated the charts. Maybe they just figured it sounded better?? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter