VDH Opening

This perfectly sums up my feelings on the matter. Plus, I think they are two of the absolutely ugliest buildings I have ever seen, both inside and out. The rooms are somewhat small, and very pedestrian. As to cost, I'm a Bonvoy Platinum Elite, and Marriott is my preferred hotel chain for business travel, but I'd save my points and use them on a better hotel on a non-Disney vacation. The place isn't terrible, but relatively speaking it's just like settling for a scoop of vanilla in a cup, when there are 30 more flavors in the case plus a variety of cones, for just a few pennies more.
FYI, I love me a scoop of plain Hagn Daz Vanilla in a cup with no toppings or anything. Perhaps that explains it 🤣. I hear you about the building and decor though. I would obviously never stay there but I think it’s a great alternative to DVC when you consider the location, price, and the fact that it has almost all the perks of staying on a deluxe property.

Okay, I think I get it. You use the points chart to figure out what to buy for what you want. I'm a "nobody" who plans a year in advance (coming from Canada) and stays 3-5 days annually. So, If I want a preferred view studio at around 22 points/night, my 100 points should work. BUT, I don't buy A preferred studio. I just buy enough points to cover a preferred IF it's available, is that right?
Yes, 100 points should cover plenty if you plan 3-5 nights annually. (bank or rent any leftover points)
But if you aren’t going to go every year you could buy less points and bank and borrow points, or if you think you might like to go more often or longer stays you may need more points.

View attachment 760070
The life of planning far out due to Disney. Haha. Booking our May 2024 trip soon.
Omg, thank you so much for this. This makes me so happy. Here’s my life revolving Disney!View attachment 760077
View attachment 760180

Here is mine! Love the tip on this app. I still need to book next March for WDW, but not sure where I want to try to book yet (I should book AKV now though). And I am thinking mid May for my first VDH stay, but need to look at the calendar to pick a few days.

And looks like at least a couple of us will be at VGC in mid November!
I wish mine looked more like all of yours, with more trips and sooner. lol

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 6
And if I recall your profile, you all are from Austin. We're in Houston. Be nice if our travel plans matched up for a meet and greet. We headed to WDW and Bay Lake Tower May 222nd.
Yes, we are from Austin. Unfortunately, we aren't headed back to WDW until xmas time. We are doing a DCL Alaska cruise next month. We almost sort of empty nesters, so we will have freedom to go to WDW and DLR whenever, instead of just during the school breaks.

My apologies if this has already been answered, but has anyone purchased multiple contracts and received the discount. I'm thinking of purchasing 2 - 100 point contracts, but only if I can get the discount. Thanks ~ Val

My apologies if this has already been answered, but has anyone purchased multiple contracts and received the discount. I'm thinking of purchasing 2 - 100 point contracts, but only if I can get the discount. Thanks ~ Val
Yes, we purchased ours In multiple contracts and received the discount.

You do pay closing costs 2x. One set for each contract.

Thank you. I'm hoping to do Magical Beginnings on one contract which will pay maintenance for both plus a little extra to offset some of the closing costs. This will give me one contract to use this year.

Decisions Decisions as I was absolutely not going to buy when they came out with all the details. LOL!

Thank you. I'm hoping to do Magical Beginnings on one contract which will pay maintenance for both plus a little extra to offset some of the closing costs. This will give me one contract to use this year.

Decisions Decisions as I was absolutely not going to buy when they came out with all the details. LOL!
Obviously the correct decision is to buy. 🤣 I think most of us went through a whirlwind of emotions the last 2 weeks. I was absolutely going to only get a small contract but that incentive + magical beginning combo was irresistible. Good luck!

Obviously the correct decision is to buy. 🤣 I think most of us went through a whirlwind of emotions the last 2 weeks. I was absolutely going to only get a small contract but that incentive + magical beginning combo was irresistible. Good luck!
That is likely where I am too. Started with 65 then thought eh 75. Did the math and likely will do 150 (75x2) with magical beginnings and those incentives.

I don’t think you can do magical beginnings on partial points. I thought you had to sell back all your points for the year? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t think you can do magical beginnings on partial points. I thought you had to sell back all your points for the year? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I was just informed by my guide that typically the Magical Beginnings is for 150 point contracts and above, however, he stated that since they are together and "technically" 200 points we may be able to do it. Fingers crossed. Otherwise I may do a 150/50.

Also had him remove the title insurance costs. I don't think its necessary (just my opinion).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter