VDH Opening

The rate just a regular Joe, no conference rate, no resident discount, no visa or anything special, just their website advertised rate for our last visit in February of 2023 was $377 at dlh. The $800+ rates might be a “tad” inflated. They’re more than Aulani, more than the 4 seasons next to aulani.
View attachment 746440

This was a discounted rate. 20% off of rack rate for Sundays - Thursdays, I believe.

Was on hold for 2 hrs to book at VDH. For check in sept 29th, check out Oct 1st only the duo studio was showing as available. $629 a night. Took it since its thats the only weekend we're free until November.

The rate just a regular Joe, no conference rate, no resident discount, no visa or anything special, just their website advertised rate for our last visit in February of 2023 was $377 at dlh. The $800+ rates might be a “tad” inflated. They’re more than Aulani, more than the 4 seasons next to aulani.
View attachment 746440

20% off rack rate during lowest season, kids are in school, mid-week, rides are down for refurbishing VS Sept/Oct when everything is jazzed up for Halloween and fall breaks.

I thought it was reported :
Cash only for 2023 dates.
Points starting in 2024 for stay dates.

Not sure what is correct .
Cash is ALWAYS high to show 'value' of points. It's one of the Disney tricks.

Any chance these initial prices are steps taken for them to justify even more point chart bloat?
possible, but I don't think we can take these initial grand opening rates as the norm. We just need to wait and see. But I do believe that the points chart will be close to VGC. But not higher.

Hotel-side at Grand Cali and Disneyland Hotel or comparison:

Oct 15:
GCH Standard view hotel room: $981.63
GCH 1 Bedroom suite: $2314.26
GCH 2 Bedroom suite: $2747.16
GCH 3 Bedroom suite: $3279.51
GCH Arroyo suite: $7809.75

DLH Standard view hotel room: $767.52
DLH Deluxe view hotel room: $829.53
DLH Premium view hotel room: $871.65
DLH Premium DTD view hotel room: $921.96

Nov 7 - 9:
DLH 1 Bedroom Family suite: $2571.66
DLH 2 Bedroom Family suite: $3168.36
DLH Pirate 2BR suite: $10630.62
DLH Mickey Mouse 2BR suite: $10630.62

GCH 1 Bedroom suite: $3992.04
GCH 2 Bedroom suite: $4881.24
GCH Arcadia 2BR suite: $13,684.32
oh man. I'm so glad I own DVC. These prices are nutso.

https://dvcnews.com/other-resorts/v...oom-categories-for-villas-at-disneyland-hotel

So does everyone agree that VDH will have only 2 view categories. I've heard from another source that there is a third category called garden view. But I'm not seeing that in this article.
There is indeed a garden view. I was quoted today prices for two different weekends and "Garden View" was priced a tier higher than "Preferred". In my price quotes, Preferred was about 15% higher than Standard and Garden was about 10% higher than preferred

There is indeed a garden view. I was quoted today prices for two different weekends and "Garden View" was priced a tier higher than "Preferred". In my price quotes, Preferred was about 15% higher than Standard and Garden was about 10% higher than preferred
Interesting! So Garden is the most premium view, followed by preferred and standard. Thanks!

Just off phone and received information that might help out. I was only checking the Duo Studios for that opening date range. September 28, 29, 30 and October 1. There are three categories. Standard, Preferred & Garden. Standard wasn’t available for pricing. Preferred would be $685.93 per night. Garden $804.96 per night (total amounts).

Just off phone and received information that might help out. I was only checking the Duo Studios for that opening date range. September 28, 29, 30 and October 1. There are three categories. Standard, Preferred & Garden. Standard wasn’t available for pricing. Preferred would be $685.93 per night. Garden $804.96 per night (total amounts).

Why would someone get this over a hotel room?

Seriously? $804.96 for a duo studio? Are you sure that's not the price for the deluxe studios? If true, that's just bonkers. $800+ for a pod without a real bed.

I went to DLH for a conference in 2013. I paid $169 a night for three nights for a standard 2 queen room. It was a lovely and happy stay. I did not go into the park that time as I was traveling alone and didn’t think it would be fun on my own. In hindsight I wish I had.

Can’t wrap my head around these prices at all. Hope the points chart isn’t too crazy.
I recently booked GCH on a conference rate of $389 a night and I think DLH was $70 cheaper. Conference rates have always been great because Disney is making that up in what they’re charging for the conference. But the Disneyland hotels have been *insanely* expensive for much longer than a decade.

The really bad thing is when there’s a huge conference at ACC (eg Expo West) and ALL the hotels in the area are $400-$700 a night, not just Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter