VDH Opening

I wonder how many of us are former Harbor people...? We've been staying at various hotels on Harbor since 2007 and we were always perfectly happy. But.....spoiled now. I'm excited about our future trips as DVC owners but I'm also pretty frugal so it's hard for me to abandon Harbor!
Yep, always stayed on Harbor and said you didn’t need to stay on property at Disneyland. Stayed at GCH a few years ago for a special birthday trip and now can’t go back to Harbor. And even though VDH isn’t closer than some of the Harbor hotels, walking through downtown Disney in the morning/evening is much more peaceful. I love being in the bubble.

Something is coming soon. Got an email from my guide this morning requesting I fill out a form giving her consent to call me regarding sales... Apparently i hadn't done that yet?
I got spammed by some VDH advertisement on social media saying it's coming soon last night so that gives me some hope that it's going to happen soon. Why spend the advertising dollars on something that is months away. Would be exciting if something is ready to tour when we are at our welcome home stop at VGC in a few weeks. What did they ever do with that building they built in that corner of the parking lot that I've seen on a few YouTube videos?

Something is coming soon. Got an email from my guide this morning requesting I fill out a form giving her consent to call me regarding sales... Apparently i hadn't done that yet?
I’ve had to do that multiple times. When I first bought in to GFV back in September and again when I reached out checking in about VDH recently. Apparently I’m on a do not call list although I don’t remember ever doing that. But seems those settings don’t save for some reason when you say it’s ok to call.

Do we really need a guide at this point? Won’t the option to buy VDH just show up on the DVC website along with the other active selling resorts?

Every sale is credited to a guide, no matter how easy it was for them, including zero effort. Just how it works.
But from the buyer perspective, it makes no difference right? I just click, send, and sign. Pay. Points in my account. Done. What am I missing by not having a guide?

We just did a tour of a cabin and bungalow today and were told that as of April 1st, we’d be reassigned to a new guide due to the new CA real estate restrictions. We absolutely loved the gal who took us around and will hopefully be able to switch to her once she passes the CA test. It sounds nuts - apparently they have 120 hours of classes and three tests to pass (including having to fly out to CA for the final one!). In other news it looked like the new Poly tower construction is speeding along. 😲

But from the buyer perspective, it makes no difference right? I just click, send, and sign. Pay. Points in my account. Done. What am I missing by not having a guide?
I definitely think you don’t really need one for current owners, but my guide is so nice, I like dealing with her and enjoy the personal touch. Although sounds like it’s possible she might not even be able to be my guide anymore with the CA rules. And in that case, yeah I don’t need to get to know someone new 🤣

I just saw a fire sale on Animal Kingdom points so maybe it is signs that they are losing money and need revenue. Although this good. I don’t know if having these points will be better than owning at VDH especially if I want standard view

We just did a tour of a cabin and bungalow today and were told that as of April 1st, we’d be reassigned to a new guide due to the new CA real estate restrictions. We absolutely loved the gal who took us around and will hopefully be able to switch to her once she passes the CA test. It sounds nuts - apparently they have 120 hours of classes and three tests to pass (including having to fly out to CA for the final one!). In other news it looked like the new Poly tower construction is speeding along. 😲

Interesting what it takes to get the CA license. My guides have always been in CA since I originally purchased in Disneyland. My current guide actually relocated from CA to FL during the pandemic (maybe around 2021?). I wonder if he still has his CA license or will have an easier time getting a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter