VDH Opening

2 for duo studios.
4 for deluxe studios. Sigh. Should have made them 5 with a split bath.
Completely agree on the shoulda-been-5 and split bath.

2A/3C families, which are not uncommon, have to either get two studios or compete for comparatively limited inventory at the 1BR/2BR level. And if they get two studios they won't be adjoining, at least according to the original floorplans.

Considering the overwhelming Studio lean to the room type mix, this is even more of an issue. There are, at most, 41 of 350 rooms that can accommodate more than 4 people, and that's with full Lock-off splitting. (according to original floorplans, which are supported by building progress and artist renderings)

But at least the Deluxe Studios appear roomy in the photos/renderings with the bed closer to the wall and the kitchenette positioning.

150 points will probably be enough for roughly 2 weeks in a SV Duo Studio during lowest season. Maybe it's off by a day or two in either direction, but 150 points will get you pretty close to 2 weeks.

Some speculative points charts I created, extrapolated from released cash rates:
Lower bound estimate
screenshot-2023-03-18-at-4-37-52-pm-png.747408

Upper bound estimate
screenshot-2023-03-18-at-4-42-57-pm-png.747409

Original post with methodology: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...ative-chart-based-on-cash-rack-rates.3913109/
I would not paying these point charts. I would buy points if this were the case

From today

Attachments

• 1A6F1021-2DB8-453E-8259-A3F34B91B224.jpeg
    1A6F1021-2DB8-453E-8259-A3F34B91B224.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 5B36EAE9-DB2B-4FC8-A3C2-E6C3D289A629.jpeg
    5B36EAE9-DB2B-4FC8-A3C2-E6C3D289A629.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 010AD4DD-3B15-4EF0-9815-ACDCF986131C.jpeg
    010AD4DD-3B15-4EF0-9815-ACDCF986131C.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 34EAA6B4-0C01-4964-816C-412A77DDAA88.jpeg
    34EAA6B4-0C01-4964-816C-412A77DDAA88.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 733AD7DC-49A1-4D3D-B98E-B91068A2A7A9.jpeg
    733AD7DC-49A1-4D3D-B98E-B91068A2A7A9.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 31
  • E1C2E097-E1AB-42EC-9A01-0D66BC8CD181.jpeg
    E1C2E097-E1AB-42EC-9A01-0D66BC8CD181.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 30

Sorry there really wasn’t anything new to show. I read about the new rum tasting at Trader Sam’s and figured I might as well take some pictures for the board while I was over there.

For the record, I had the tasting and liked the first (Diplomatico Reserva)
and third one (Zabala 23).
Diplomatico is my go to! Might have to sign up for this on the next trip.

They want to push 5 into bigger rooms. They need to increase profits. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Except they didn’t really build any bigger rooms at VDH to push people into. This may be the dealbreaker for me-we usually travel with 5 or 6 and like having the kitchen and living room.

Reactions: ehh
Except they didn’t really build any bigger rooms at VDH to push people into. This may be the dealbreaker for me-we usually travel with 5 or 6 and like having the kitchen and living room
And since 2 studios are cheaper than a 1 or 2 bedroom they make it even more difficult. Maybe that helps sell them out quicker?

1BR and 2BR even at VGC go a lot slower than studios. DLR is a different beast where the need/desire for a kitchen is much less with the park and DTD located essentially on-site equivalent.

I would like VDH to have adjoining studios for connecting rooms option for those wanting 2 studios -- would have made planning sense. There's still hope since they haven't specifically stated that's NOT an option; though doubtful if I were to bet.

1BR and 2BR even at VGC go a lot slower than studios.
Usually, yeah. But the booking velocity for VGC studios is well short of what will be needed for VDH, which has ~7.5x the studios compared to larger villas.

I apologize for the Bruno moment here, but I think this is worth examining with real data (but I'll be vague). Let's take Feb 11 - Feb 15 as an example. There's availability in all room categories at VGC, but Studios are nearly booked up.

In the non-accessible categories, VGC has 20 Studios, 20 1BR, 22 2BRded, and 1 GV of maximum inventory, assuming full LO splitting.

During those dates, Studios have booked ~4.5x faster compared to 1BR/2BR/GV combined.

Looking at Feb 21 - 25, Studios have actually booked slower than 1BR/2BR/GV combined (they each have over 10 rooms booked, too). And this assumes full LO splitting. If some of those Studio bookings are actually 2BRLO reservations then it's even slower for Studios.

Curious how you get the booking data for 11months. Love to know that.

I would say Disney probably has decent data on booking habits of GC vs DH products and recent trends at scale compared to 2005 times when VGC was developed and decided.

Closer in data; say 1-7 months for overall demand: Studios are gone instantly. WL created and studios that fall out get grabbed within minutes unless extremely high points like April where they take a few hours.

1BR and certainly 2BR last a few hours/days when they come back available

I would like VDH to have adjoining studios for connecting rooms option for those wanting 2 studios -- would have made planning sense. There's still hope since they haven't specifically stated that's NOT an option; though doubtful if I were to bet.
That would make too much sense, but also hinders reserving bigger rooms.

1BR and 2BR even at VGC go a lot slower than studios. DLR is a different beast where the need/desire for a kitchen is much less with the park and DTD located essentially on-site equivalent.

This is where I don’t understand Disney’s thought process. I agree with you. I would rather have a smaller kitchen in the 1br and allocate the space for an extra half bath or bath/shower instead.
That extra half is so much more important to me than a full kitchen.
If they ever make a studio with washer dryer I would totally get a 2 studios vs. 1 br.
That was honestly why we bought BLT.

This is where I don’t understand Disney’s thought process. I agree with you. I would rather have a smaller kitchen in the 1br and allocate the space for an extra half bath or bath/shower instead.
That extra half is so much more important to me than a full kitchen.
If they ever make a studio with washer dryer I would totally get a 2 studios vs. 1 br.
That was honestly why we bought BLT.
You’re in luck. VDH 1 bedrooms should have 2 full bathrooms and 2 bedrooms 3 full bathrooms if the plans are correct. It’s just the missed opportunity in the studios that should have been a split bathroom and sleep 5. Sigh.

Apparently I am the only one who doesn’t care for the split bathrooms. It takes away quite a bit of actual living space in studios that are pretty small to begin with without actually giving me a 2nd toilet. Give me more storage and less sinks please.
I'm torn on the issue. If it's just DH and I, it would be nice to have more storage and we don't need the second shower. But it's not always like that. This past week I took my little brother and we stayed in a Poly studio. I was very glad for each of us to have our own shower and sinks and all we had to share was the toilet! He's a messy high schooler...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter