VDH Opening

Did you ask if the visa credit is available for VDH at 150 points?

Ok I'm slow. What is the magical beginnings promo at $22 a point? Got my guide buying call tomorrow and I'd like to get all I can:

DVC add on discount
Magical beginnings?
Not a veteran but hear there are discounts
Disney Chase discounts for the other new resorts; will ask but guessing its a 'no'
Anything else?

Yes Disney is buying your first year points for $22 a point, it’s called the magical beginnings program. I’m not sure about the chase visa details.

What's the visa credit that's being offered?

UGH. I didn't know to ask about a Chase Disney Visa promo, but I explicitly stated I was putting $X of the balance on my Chase Disney Visa to get the 0% for 6 months.

My guide did not mention anything about a promo, so my conclusion is:
- Either this does not exist for VDH
or
- You must explicitly ask for it and they cannot otherwise offer the information

UGH. I didn't know to ask about a Chase Disney Visa promo, but I explicitly stated I was putting $X of the balance on my Chase Disney Visa to get the 0% for 6 months.

My guide did not mention anything about a promo, so my conclusion is:
- Either this does not exist for VDH
or
- You must explicitly ask for it and they cannot otherwise offer the information
I agree I don’t think there’s a chase visa offer I too told my guide I was paying with mine. I just went to the chase Disney rewards website and it has nothing in the WDW, DL or limited time offers that show a DVC discount promotion.

Definitely inquire about the magical beginnings promo if buying 150 point for VDH they are giving $22 per point for the 2023 UY. My guide is revising our contract for this promo. She says they are super backed up now from all the sales today. The Feb UY I have makes using those points more difficult other than banking them for 2024 because the hotel opens around our final banking window. So I’m happy to “rent” those points to Disney without the work.
Does this make it effectively $188/pp for you? I just want to make sure I’m understanding this right.

I am trying to justify the purchase. . . Can you pick your UY? Is there one that seems to work better?
my current contracts are not aligned (Feb, June, and Aug).

I emailed my guide and let her know I had finished signing everything a couple of hours ago and she said the wait time for documents has gone up. I technically bought them before the guides could call, my guide had emailed me that she was in early at 8:30 and if I wanted to buy early to call her since she couldn't call out until 9. My unit is 1B and I own 0.173 so probably not even a doorknob. :rotfl2:
We are co-owners. We own 0.4408 and 0.3306 of Unit 1B. Congrats on your new contract and Howdy Neighbor!

Can I ask when you spoke with your guide and your contracts were submitted? Did mine at 130pm EST and nothing has happened. Was really hoping to get them processed before DHS Moonlight Magic registration tomorrow so I can get my blue card. :P

1220 EST and the docu-sign came at 1900. The guide though obviously alluded to them being very busy and suspected my docu-sign would come tomorrow morning.

The points got loaded as the docu-sign was sent out to me, I happened to have checked right before it came and it wasn't on my profile. So hopefully you'll have it loaded tomorrow AM even if you haven't returned the contract.

1220 EST and the docu-sign came at 1900. The guide though obviously alluded to them being very busy and suspected my docu-sign would come tomorrow morning.

The points got loaded as the docu-sign was sent out to me, I happened to have checked right before it came and it wasn't on my profile. So hopefully you'll have it loaded tomorrow AM even if you haven't returned the contract.
Congrats! Yes ours took a little over 5 hours. They got slammed this morning with excited, eager buyers. Woot. Welcome Home (again).

Congrats! Yes ours took a little over 5 hours. They got slammed this morning with excited, eager buyers. Woot. Welcome Home (again).

Thanks. The exchange rate is beyond atrocious and I balk at the price, but the emotional purchase has been completed. No take-backs. Goodbye Harbour Blvd.

The guide ended with, "congratulations, you now own a piece of Disneyland"... I'm like huh, yes you got me, that brings me joy.

Thanks. The exchange rate is beyond atrocious and I balk at the price, but the emotional purchase has been completed. No take-backs. Goodbye Harbour Blvd.

The guide ended with, "congratulations, you now own a piece of Disneyland"... I'm like huh, yes you got me, that brings me joy.
Totes - we will still do like one stay a year (on parents' Worldmark points) that requires the schlog out in the wilds of Anaheim. I remember thinking how long it is from Esplanade to DLH but... we've never actually STAYED at DLH. I'm sure when we are headed the home we love it will seem much closer. Plus I love all the DTD along the way with music piped in. And just walking past Trader Sam's on the regular will bring me joy :-).

I suspect VDH may garner a bit higher rental than $22 pp; it's not a slam dunk and a great rate for those who don't like the work of renting out points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter