Vegan Meal Option

Californiacruizers

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my 8-year-old daughter's best friend and the friend's mom. Our stay is set for 5 days in April. I've just remembered this forum and need a little bit of help. My daughter's best friend and her mom are vegan. Has anyone had experience with Vegan food options at the resort? For one of the nights I would like to have a dress-up evening meal, can anyone recommend an upscale vegan restaurant? I'm doing my research online, yet wanted to hear from other vegans. Also, are there vegan options at luals? Thanks in advance.

Not sure about vegan restaurants, since we’re all meat eaters (and producers—beef, it’s what’s for dinner LOL). But I do love my veggies, and all luaus are going to have lots of side dishes, many of which will be (I believe) vegan. There won’t be much in the way of cheese or dairy in most of the sides, most likely—although desserts might be a challenge. And I’m nearly certain the Mai tais are vegan, so you can always fill up on those 😝

Not a restaurant, but there is a grocery store right by Target in Kapolei called Down to Earth. They have a nice selection of organic foods as well as vegan options (my oldest is allergic to milk protein, and years ago it was the only place I could find Earth Balance vegan “butter”). Luckily it’s more widely available now!

Paradise Cove luau isn’t currently operating; I don’t know if they will be by April. Not sure if they offer any special diet menu items, as I’ve never taken my dairy allergic son.

I found one that you might like to try, Tane Vegan Izakaya in Honolulu. It gets great Yelp reviews! Also The Ripple of Smiles in Honolulu looks great, and they have vegan too.

They have little green leafs on their menus next to the vegan items, and you can get something vegan at any restaurant. They've really improved their options. As far as recommendations go, what type of food are you looking for (the restaurants are so different). Sanna at Animal Kingdom is amazing for example (their bread service is something I dream about), but they're a bit pricey and you may not be looking for that style of cuisine.

Ah, sorry - just saw this was for Aulani and not WDW. But regardless, if you talk to chefs at the restaurant you will definitely get good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter