Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

They took the plant based waffles off the menu at POFQ and we will be there in a few days! :oops:
It looks like they still offer allergy ones for milk and egg, so I'll check with the chef. They are still on the menu at Riverside, so I wonder why they removed them. I was looking forward to mobile ordering our breakfast. Last year they weren't an option on the app.

We went to Raglan Road, which doesn't have a lot of vegan / vegetarian options but I had the Vegan Shephard's Pie and it was absolutely incredible... highly recommend!

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but am I correct that Disney does not have anything that's vegetarian but not vegan? I'm thinking specifically of an item that has regular cheese, not vegan cheese. For vegetarians, regular cheese is fine, but vegans only eat vegan (plant based) cheese. If anyone is a vegetarian, and doesn't like the taste of vegan cheese, has anyone been successful in getting the restaurant to substitute regular cheese into their meal instead of vegan cheese? There are times when I want the vegetarian option and ordinarily vegan is OK, but I really don't like vegan cheese. Love regular cheese though!

I'm 99% sure I know the answer, but am I correct that Disney does not have anything that's vegetarian but not vegan? I'm thinking specifically of an item that has regular cheese, not vegan cheese. For vegetarians, regular cheese is fine, but vegans only eat vegan (plant based) cheese. If anyone is a vegetarian, and doesn't like the taste of vegan cheese, has anyone been successful in getting the restaurant to substitute regular cheese into their meal instead of vegan cheese? There are times when I want the vegetarian option and ordinarily vegan is OK, but I really don't like vegan cheese. Love regular cheese though!
Disney is usually pretty good about substations if you ask.
That being said, there are very, very few vegetarian options. It appears that they think having 1 vegan meal per restaurant should satisfy both vegans and vegetarians.
We eat most meals off property because of this.

All the traditional cheese-based pasta and pizza dishes use real cheese - pasta alfredo, mac and cheese, cheese ravioli, cheese pizza, etc. You can find those items all over the parks.

It's more that Disney has no real vegetarian produce based main dish that isn't also vegan.

Are there any other places like Steakhouse 71 where you can sub a veggie/plant based burger but it’s not advertised?

I am looking for suggestions for Quick Service vegetarian (or vegan) options in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I’m getting a bit tired of favorites from past trips like Pecos Bills, Docking Bay 7, and Woody’s Lunchbox. We like vegetables, beans, etc. moreso than fake meats and are big fans of Asian and Mediterranean flavors.

There are a ton of
Vegetarian options!! I’m thinking now of so many festival food booths, and countless salads. Just about anywhere will add/sub the cheese that you prefer. ☺️
Are there any other places like Steakhouse 71 where you can sub a veggie/plant based burger but it’s not advertised?
Countless places have the alt meat burger, a few have them off menu, but can’t help with where. BTW, the vegetable wellington is probably the best PB dish on property. ☺️
I am looking for suggestions for Quick Service vegetarian (or vegan) options in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I’m getting a bit tired of favorites from past trips like Pecos Bills, Docking Bay 7, and Woody’s Lunchbox. We like vegetables, beans, etc. moreso than fake meats and are big fans of Asian and Mediterranean flavors.
I can’t think of any Asian or Mediterranean foods in either park. You could tho hop to Poly - good options there. Skipper Canteen also but obviously not V/V+

Last edited:
Backlot Express has a teriyaki tofu bowl. I haven't tried it, though, so no idea if it's any good or not. And Fairfax Fare has a soba noodle bowl with veggies and noodles in a yakisoba sauce (served in a waffle bowl?!).

Magic Kingdom is tough. I'm sure you already know about the veggie rice bowl at Pecos Bill. I usually just end up with a veggie dog from Casey's if I'm hungry there and don't have a reservation.

Just got back from Disney World. Went to the Hoop Dee Doo which was alot of fun. Haven’t seen that in years. I ordered the vegetarian meal since I don’t eat meat, chicken or pork. They served me a plant based sausage and a jack fruit thing that was supposed to mimic pulled pork. Well the show was great, the plant based meal was not so good. Could not even eat it. But I did have the salad, vegetarian cowboy beans, mashed potatoes and the cornbread and I was satisfied.
Oh no! This is my plan later this month. What was wrong with the jackfruit?

Oh no! This is my plan later this month. What was wrong with the jackfruit?
Only my opinion, I know some like the fact that Jackfruit mimics the taste of some types of meats. I however (again my opinion) don’t think it tastes anything like its supposed to represent. I have tried it on multiple occasions and have not once liked it. (And again my opinion) if you like it thats great…it is a much healthier alternative to what ever meat its suppose to represent. I did very much enjoy all the sides, salad, beans,mashed potatoes,cornbread with butter, but the show was the winner. Keep your plans, I think its the best value in all of disney. Enjoy

Just got back from Disney World. Went to the Hoop Dee Doo which was alot of fun. Haven’t seen that in years. I ordered the vegetarian meal since I don’t eat meat, chicken or pork. They served me a plant based sausage and a jack fruit thing that was supposed to mimic pulled pork. Well the show was great, the plant based meal was not so good. Could not even eat it. But I did have the salad, vegetarian cowboy beans, mashed potatoes and the cornbread and I was satisfied.
Had a similar experience at Ohana in Sept. The PB skillet is nothing short of disgusting. I was happy with the salad, the outstanding noodles and vegetables. They really really need to do away with the garbage they serve in the family style skillets and be a little more imaginative. It’s not that difficult.

I like the margherita flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus. Trying to remember where I used to get a good caprese flatbread, but I suspect even if I remembered it wouldn't be there anymore.

I miss the Lighthouse Sandwich and vegetarian chili at Columbia Harbour House so much.

Edited to add: a quick search seems to indicate that the caprese flatbread was also at Pinocchio Village Haus but isn't on their menu anymore.

Last edited:
hi! first timers, looking for suggestions across property but mostly for breakfast in the parks! have booked crystal palace one morning, staying at akl

Hello Michael,

Thank you for sharing your valuable resources and experiences regarding vegan dining at Disney. It's wonderful to see your dedication in helping others with similar dietary restrictions. I apologize that your previous thread had to be closed due to the guidelines, but I'm glad you're creating a new thread to continue assisting fellow vegans.

I checked out the review thread you mentioned, and it's indeed packed with useful information. Additionally, thank you for sharing Andrea's dining review threads. It's always helpful to have multiple perspectives and experiences to rely on when planning meals at Disney.

The links you provided to vegan resources are greatly appreciated. I'm sure they will be a valuable asset to those seeking vegan options at Disney. It's fantastic that you reached out to Todd and Kitty personally and found their assistance beneficial. Personal experiences and recommendations can truly make a difference when planning a trip.

I completely understand your frustration with threads that are abandoned, leaving unanswered questions behind. That's why it's so commendable that you and Emily are committed to being there for others, offering your firsthand knowledge and prompt responses. Your willingness to help and share your experiences is invaluable.

As a vacation planner specializing in families and couples with special needs or special diets, your expertise must be incredibly valuable to those seeking assistance. I'm sure many people will benefit from reaching out to you for vacation planning and booking.

Once again, thank you for your generosity in providing information and support to the vegan community at Disney. I'm certain that your contributions will help numerous individuals in creating memorable and enjoyable dining experiences.

Going next week and staying at YC, not doing any parks. My DD is requesting a “fancy dinner” but she’s vegetarian. Any suggestions?

We just did California grill last night and my husband's meal was delicious. He's vegetarian (not vegan). He had the truffle pizza as an app, the saffron cavatelli for entree, and cheese platter for dessert. Everything was incredible!

We just did California grill last night and my husband's meal was delicious. He's vegetarian (not vegan). He had the truffle pizza as an app, the saffron cavatelli for entree, and cheese platter for dessert. Everything was incredible!

This is great to hear! My daughter and her boyfriend are both vegetarians but I don't think they want to order the same thing. Did your DH ask about other options?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter