Vegas Hotels: NY NY VS Luxor?

Vegas during any holiday is CROWDED please do not wait too long to book your trip. The normal number of tourists during the holidays is around 250,000. The airport is packed, but moves very well. I would suggest staying at Monte Carlo if you can get a good rate. There is so much to see and do in Vegas, you will want to stay as far center strip as you can.

I have friends that have stayed at New York New York and ended up staying near the coaster. (remember the coaster runs through the inside of the NYNY too) They complained about noise and told me it ran past midnight during the weekends and holidays.

Wherever you deceide I hope you have a wonderful vacation. The weather should be beautiful during December. During one of my December visits it was shirtsleeve weather. :thumbsup2

We have booked from Dec 7-10 at the Monte Carlo for $69 a night. The one night deposit is fully refundable if we run into a better deals in the next few months. Thanks for confirming that depending on where your room is, it can get noisy at the NY NY, I just dont want to chance it! Thank you all for yoru replies and opinions!:thumbsup2

When we stayed at the NYNY our room overlooked the coster at the front by the loop section and we didn't notice any noise from it at all. I thought the hotel was really nice for the price we paid and I though the rooms were a good size too. From the 3 hotels you mentioned I would choose the NYNY because I like the theaming there plus it is in a better location being that bit further up the strip. The strip is longer than what you think at the Monte Carlo is at the very start of it.

curious, did you stay in the pyramid or towers @ Luxor?

we booked a pkg with dining credits, imax, king tut, etc. since our teenage son will be with us; thought it would keep him occupired. Did you have kids with you?

friends stayed @ NYNY last summer & said common areas where so crowded it was difficult to navigate (we plan on hitting everything in the general area including NYNY so i'll guess we'll increase the crowd lol) & that their room was very noisy due to coaster.popcorn::

We stayed in the pyramid rooms...that's where my husband wanted to stay. He thought they would be cool. There really wasn't anything wrong with the rooms...they were clean and comfortable. The tower rooms have been recently renovated, but the pyramid rooms have not, so the carpet is older...but the rooms were fine. Housekeeping did a great job!
It was a "couple only" trip, so no kids...Again the theming was fun at the Luxor, but we just found that we really enjoyed the atmosphere at NYNY. It just seemed like there was so much more to experience there. We loved the cobblestone streets, where we enjoyed dessert and coffee. We ate a fabulous steak dinner one night, and had great Mexican fare on another night. Two of the restaurants that we had planned on trying at the Luxor were closed...one for good and one for repairs.
In the Luxor, we just kind of walked around for a bit the first night and really didn't see anything that we wanted to do...so we headed into the Mandalay Bay shops (they are connected) and walked around there for a bit. We aren't big "clubbers" and we wanted to experience things so we didn't just sit and gamble. We ended up at NYNY the first night, and just really enjoyed it. We didn't find it really crowded, but when we were there...there weren't big crowds anywhere.
Please understand, there wasn't anything wrong with the Luxor...it just wouldn't be my top choice. We liked NYNY better! I'm sure that you will have a great trip. If the theming interests your son, and you have passes to do all those things...you might find that you really enjoy the Luxor! :goodvibes

minnierocks - thanks for your minnie;) review:thumbsup2 (my main criteria is clean:) , and we all enjoy egyptian theme (probably the closest we'll get in this day & age).

Hmm...now I'm adding NYNY to our list for our trip in Dec (but I'm booking a refundable rate no matter what, in hopes of a better rate).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter