Vegas ideas?

tiggger1

<font color=green>I put vicks on my feet<br><font
I get to go to Vegas!!! Its not as great a going to Disney but it is 4 days with just hubby and me! I think we are planning to go the first weekend in Oct..

I am stuck on where to stay. I wanted The Mirage but found out I can stay at MGM Grand in a junior suite for cheaper. I really want something with a whirlpool tub!

I am not sure what else to do? I am thinking of seeing Penn and Teller, some kind comedy show, Jubilee and a musical act( like Cher or Donnie and Marie)...Is that too much for 4 days.. I have never been and Hubby hasnt been since he was a kid. So we are definetly planning on taking it all in..

any suggestions on what not to miss...

I'm thinking of going for my birthday and wondered if anyone has done a tour riding ATVs or jeeps out in the desert.

Tiggger the DIS does have a forum with Vegas travel info. It is called California & the west and is under the Disneyland board. Here is a link to a sticky called 'Top 5 Las Vegas activities'.

I get to go to Vegas!!! Its not as great a going to Disney but it is 4 days with just hubby and me! I think we are planning to go the first weekend in Oct..

I am stuck on where to stay. I wanted The Mirage but found out I can stay at MGM Grand in a junior suite for cheaper. I really want something with a whirlpool tub!

I am not sure what else to do? I am thinking of seeing Penn and Teller, some kind comedy show, Jubilee and a musical act( like Cher or Donnie and Marie)...Is that too much for 4 days.. I have never been and Hubby hasnt been since he was a kid. So we are definetly planning on taking it all in..

Wayne Newton!!! :rotfl2:

Totally just kidding..........

Some suggestions that we enjoy doing in Vegas. I love Vegas. :)

Dany Gans - See this show :thumbsup2

Check out the Venetian hotel and take a ride on a gondola

Visit the Bellagio fountains at night

Visit The Gardens at Bellagio

Visit the M&M store

Have a drink at Red Square - Mandaly Bay

The Freemont Street Experience, watch the spectacular light and sound display on a huge roof canopy which covers downtown’s Freemont Street.

The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay

The Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel offers great views of the Strip (coupon booklets always have a 2 for 1 coupon)

The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace

Treasure Island free outdoor show

If you're into thrill rides, check these out!
http://govegas.about.com/od/attractions/tp/Thrill-Rides-in-Las-Vegas.htm

I'm thinking of going for my birthday and wondered if anyone has done a tour riding ATVs or jeeps out in the desert.

Tiggger the DIS does have a forum with Vegas travel info. It is called California & the west and is under the Disneyland board. Here is a link to a sticky called 'Top 5 Las Vegas activities'.

ok I am on the dis 2 or 3 times a day and I have never noticed that! Thanks!

AaaacccK...I am jealous!::yes:: I haven't been yet but "planned" Vegas many times.;)

Just go through the show list at your times. You might be surprised who is going to show up during your trip. Lots of comedy people go there to to try out new material.

I would probably see Bette Midler, Barry Manilow. I like Penn and Teller, not sure if I would pay big bucks to see them.

AaaacccK...I am jealous!::yes:: I haven't been yet but "planned" Vegas many times.;)

Just go through the show list at your times. You might be surprised who is going to show up during your trip. Lots of comedy people go there to to try out new material.

I would probably see Bette Midler, Barry Manilow. I like Penn and Teller, not sure if I would pay big bucks to see them.

Well, Hubby decided he wanted to go to Cali with his friend. No big deal but he hates to fly. So I told him that if he can fly to Cali he can fly to Vegas.. and really what was he going to say? So we are thinking Oct 2-5.. I just have to get someone to watch the kids...my mom will do it I just need to set a date...

Well, Hubby decided he wanted to go to Cali with his friend. No big deal but he hates to fly. So I told him that if he can fly to Cali he can fly to Vegas.. and really what was he going to say? So we are thinking Oct 2-5.. I just have to get someone to watch the kids...my mom will do it I just need to set a date...

I visit Las Vegas frequently and there are so many things to do there. The Cirque shows are amazing and I also enjoyed Le Reve at the Wynn (it is similar to a Cirque show).

Danny Gans' variety show was one of the best I've seen, not sure he's still playing though. I enjoyed Bette Midler much more than I thought I would. Cher was okay, not great. I hope to catch Elton John the next time and I would also like to see Blue Man Group.

I've also seen Phantom of the Opera at Venetian but I didn't care for it as I thought it paled in comparison to the Broadway version.

If you are going for 4 nights, I think 2 shows would be fine. I also try to do a couple of nice dinners while there as the food selection is amazing.

And I like MGM over Mirage. I've stayed at almost every hotel on the strip and the Mirage is towards the bottom of my list.

Jubilee is good if you want to see a good, old fashioned Vegas show. We liked it.

Fremont Street is a must. So tacky it's great...

If you have a rental car, and you like chocolate, try to visit the Ethel M chocolate factory. We did the tour and at the end they gave samples. My DH is a chocoholic but they gave us so much even he had enough.

The Hoover Dam...eh...we did it because it just seemed like something that should be done when you are there. Some people love it but for us, nothing special (it was a nice drive)

We stayed at the Mirage and it was really nice. I'd like to stay at the Venetian if we go again.

We did the gondolas and they were really neat. We only had a day there though so we didn't get to do a whole lot. Definitely watch the Bellagio fountain show. I want to go back again. The Forums at Caesars are a must see as well.

Mirage is my favorite hotel in Vegas. It is the only hotel we've stayed more than once at (4 times actually) Just feels like home to me. We stayed at MGM last March cause we found a great deal. The room was nice enough- the location just doesn't do it for us. I also love the Mirage pool. I have a little corner that I love to go to that faces a waterfall. Making myself want to go just by talking about it.
Hubby and I really enjoy the Piano bar at Harrahs. It is a duelling piano showthat starts at 8 or 9 lots of fun. Big Elvis at Bills is a great afternoon lounge show. Its free. Every time we've been we've had a great time.

Woo hoo! You'll love Vegas!

I would be flexible if I purchased Cher tickets. She has canceled shows several times. Donnie & Marie are a huge hit and I would try and buy the tickets as soon as possible. Call The Flamingo & ask when will they put October dates on sale; most shows sell 3 - 4 months out. Jubilee is great; it's the last classic Vegas showgirl production now that the show at the Tropicana is closing. I've never seen Penn & Teller but their show gets great reviews. I've seen Rita Rudner at Harrah's and she's pretty funny; Carrot Top at Luxor is on my list of shows to see. His show gets great reviews.

MGM Grand is nice but it is a REALLY BIG PROPERTY, over 5,000 rooms! Be prepared for long walks everywhere. Ask for a room near an elevator.

Have fun planning your trip!

Danny Gans' variety show was one of the best I've seen, not sure he's still playing though. I enjoyed Bette Midler much more than I thought I would. Cher was okay, not great. I hope to catch Elton John the next time and I would also like to see Blue Man Group.
Danny Gans is moving to The Wynn Resort/Encore.

Elton John's show is closing in April. DH & I saw it the year it opened; it was very good but he didn't play Crocodile Rock.

My husband and I are going to Vegas in October also! I had to do a double-take while reading your post to make sure I hadn't posted it! :rotfl:

We are staying at the Signature Suites at MGM (separate from the main, but include all the amenities). We used VBRO and are renting from an owner, paying half what we would going straight through MGM Signature. The Signature is set back, but that's what we were looking for...somewhere quiet to go after all the hub-bub! ;)

We are thinking of seeing Penn & Teller too (why I did a double-take). Celebrating 18 years together! Shew, that makes me feel old, but I'm only turning 36 this year!

Enjoying all the suggestions and excited to see if there are any more. :)

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Some suggestions that we enjoy doing in Vegas. I love Vegas. :)

Dany Gans - See this show :thumbsup2

Check out the Venetian hotel and take a ride on a gondola

Visit the Bellagio fountains at night FREE

Visit The Gardens at Bellagio - FREE

Visit the M&M store - FREE

Have a drink at Red Square - Mandaly Bay - Whatever you choose, can be pricey!

The Freemont Street Experience, watch the spectacular light and sound display on a huge roof canopy which covers downtown’s Freemont Street. - FREE

The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay - Costs, I believe

The Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel offers great views of the Strip (coupon booklets always have a 2 for 1 coupon)

The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace - FREE unless you buy something in one of the overly-priced shops

Treasure Island free outdoor show - FREE

The volcano at the Mirage is back up and running - FREE

If you're into thrill rides, check these out!
http://govegas.about.com/od/attractions/tp/Thrill-Rides-in-Las-Vegas.htm

There are so many things to see and do in LV that are free, that I had to point those out. Have a great time!

Your going to have a great time! Something to do anytime day or night. If money is no object I would totally recommend staying at Caesars, if you want something more reasonable I would go for Harrahs or Paris, all are center strip - you will be much happier if you stay center.

I have seen Penn & Teller would highly recommend, very funny - worth the money. Also have seen Blue Man Group - again I would totally recommend great show worth every $$. As far as Jubilee goes, I've seen it, not a big fan of those shows- fine for about 45 minutes then they get a little boring to me. I would say a good rule is if you can get 1/2 price tickets or buy one get one - you get what you paid for.

I hear that "Love" show is great & also want to see "Jersey Boys". I would say that 2 shows is fine for the amount of time you will be there, leaves you enough night to see some of the free shows - fountains/pirates show/freemont street - don't miss them!

Have a blast & remember "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas"!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter