Vegas- New Years Eve?

everylastbreath

DIS Veteran
Been to Vegas dozens of times, but DH and I are considering going for New Years this year. Never been there for New Years Eve- what's it like? I realize that Vegas is a total party town every night of the year, but what difference should we expect? I heard they close the strip off to all traffic, it must be a total mob scene! Anyone been there for New Years, tell me what it's like and if you would go again for it.

We stayed downtown on new years eve a few years ago and had a great time. There was a cover charge to get into the Freemont street experience and they had live bands playing.

It is total chaos on New Years eve. Yes they close the strip and the drunks are everywhere, worse than normal. Do not expect to get a cab at midnight or anytime soon after. It will also cost you twice as much with traffic and such. I would strongly suggest partying where you'll be staying. We went to a Cirque show and had a wonderful time. They always do a little something special for the shows on the 31st!

We go to Vegas a lot...a lot alot....have only been there once for New Year's Eve, and they'd have to offer me a whole lot more than they already do to get me to go again for NYE. Maybe if they gave me $5000 to play with........and even then, that's a big maybe.

It's an awful time to go.

We go to Vegas a lot...a lot alot....have only been there once for New Year's Eve, and they'd have to offer me a whole lot more than they already do to get me to go again for NYE. Maybe if they gave me $5000 to play with........and even then, that's a big maybe.

It's an awful time to go.

Wow, really that bad? I'm thinking seriously about now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter