Vegas -New Years Eve

gogo65

Cheering for Disney
We are planning on being in Vegas for New Years eve this year.(12/30-1/3):banana:

I am having difficulty booking rooms.
Does anyone know when most of the rooms are released for NYE??

At this stage the only hotels I can book are NYNY, MGM or Montecarlo.
Most of the others are only allowing me to book up to 12/31.

Is it best to wait until discounts come out later in the year? I am worried that we won't get a room if we wait to long.

Thanks for your help:thumbsup2

Most of the hotels save NYE for their high roller guests, that is probably why you are having trouble booking. I would say about 80% of their rooms on any special nights are kept for their players, if you have a player card anywhere I would call the hotel you are considering and speak to a host to book. I'm sure the remainder of the rooms are very $$$ NYE.

Thanks for that.
Unfortunately we are from Australia, so no player card:sad2:

We know that the rooms are going to be expensive, but we are already spending a fortune on a 1 month vacation, so a few hundred dollars more won't make a big difference. The rest of January will be pretty affordable.

There appears to be a few more hotels with some vacancy, so I think I might just book one of those for now and see if anything better comes up.
I can get NYNY for $250/night, I think the kids might like it there. I was hoping that there would have been more to chose from.

Thanks for your help everylastbreath:thumbsup2

Your welcome, I checked on the Harrahs website (Caesars/Ballys/Paris/Harrahs/Flamingo etc) and I got plenty of open rooms? check their website (http://www.harrahs.com) They are expensive but available. Try to stay center strip, much easier to get around. Good luck- have a great time, don't know if you've ever been to Vegas but it's a blast. Been there dozens of times feel free to ask me anything or PM me with any questions!

The best thing is to wait until Nov. Especially in this economy. Sign up for the newsletters on the hotel websites and they send out specials. Book then. You won't see the cheaper prices until closer to NYE

More rooms have become available in the last 48 hours.

I can get NYNY/Luxor/Treasure island/Paris for similar cost.

I think I may book and pay a refunable deposit and then if any good deals come out later in the year we can swap.

Any recommendations on the above hotels.

We have been to Vegas once before in 2000 and stayed at Mandalay Bay which was fantastic because of the pool, but the pool is not important this trip as we will be there in winter.

We just want a hotel in a good location, particularly for the NYE festivities.
We are not interested in the gambling side of Vegas as we will have our children with us.

Thanks again for your help:)

I would probably go for Treasure Island because it is center strip. May I ask what you plan to do on NYE with kids in tow?

When we went NYE it was a drunk fest and the strip was insane. I was glad we booked show tickets for that night, so we just went to the show and went back to our room. As a matter of fact we had show tickets at TI for Mystere, it was a wonderful evening and a fantastic show! Although almost getting in a fist fight to get a cab while holding my 3 year old left much to be desired!
If I ever went again on NYE I would stay in a hotel near the festivities that I wanted to enjoy. Taking a cab was not only expensive and a much longer trip considering the strip is closed to traffic but it was a nightmare and we were the first people at the taxi stand:scared1:

So I guess I'm saying, figure out what you want to do that night and stay close to there!

Thanks cirquelovers,

Not really sure what we want to do on New years eve. We thought we would watch the fireworks, dinner somewhere. Our kids are 16 and 14, so they are not little. We have done NYE in Syndey with the kids numerous times and although there is a lot of drunks etc, we still have a good time.
We will be with another family as well, if things get really bad then we will head to the room for a little party of our own.

I may look at doing a show, we have promised our daughter a cirque show for a long time, so I may look into that.

I have decided to book TI as you suggested, due to the location, the rooms also look nice. Will pay a deposit now and hopefully something cheaper will come up.

Thanks GOGO:thumbsup2

I highly recommend Mystere for NYE. Actually I will say that is my favorite show and I have seem them all except the new Asia show. As you can tell from my screen name I'm a big cirque fan. The New years eve showing costs more but you get trinkets, we got a program,champagne and a hat, and it is always a special show in many ways, including the end! I guess for me Cirque is great on any night though;)

We actually got a screaming good deal for our room and it was less than a month out, I think it was through Travelocity. I'm guessing we got lucky and found a canceled room.

How wonderful that you get to watch the Sydney festivities on NYE! I was lucky enough to be in Perth one NYE and even on tv it was spectacular!!

There are half price ticket booths around the strip you should check out when you are there too. There probably won't be much for NYE but for other days of your trip it might come in handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter