Vegas or Disneyland?

Katieinwonderland

Disney bride July 2008
OK, so I need some help with a decision!
DH and I are planning a three day trip but we can't decide whether to go to Las Vegas or Disneyland. The three days includes travel from Orlando so that takes some time.
I voted for Disneyland! We went to Disneyland last year for a few days and loved it, plus we're going the first week of December so we could see the xmas decorations. We have passes to Disneyland, and could stay in a Disney hotel at a very reasonable price through work discounts.
DH wants to go to Vegas. I've never been and he's only been for a bachelor party (so not exactly to see the sights!!!) and I always wanted to go. We would have to pay full price for a hotel, but once we got there, we'd just be looking around the hotels and the strip so it wouldn't be too pricey.

Can anyone make this decision for us?! Knowing Dis, I'm guessing most people would say Disneyland, LOL!!! But it's such a little trip and we really need a break, so we want to make the most of it!!

If you have never seen Vegas and it sounds like you will have 1 full day, 2 nights and maybe another partial day - my vote would be Vegas. The hotels are amazing, take a Gondola ride at the Venetian, very romantic, ride the coaster at NY NY, if brave enough do the rides on the top of the Stratosphere, tour thru the Bellagio Gardens and see the water show, wander down and see the Volcano at the Mirage and the Pirate Show at Treasure Island.

I think Vegas requires more time than one day. It's farther apart than it looks and it takes time to walk, walk, walk, and more walking.

If you think you would plan yourselves well (KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO) then Vegas would be fun.. it IS a very cool place. I just feel it needs more than one day.

My vote would be Disneyland. All inclusive and easy to have LOTS of fun in one place for one day.

good luck and have fun!

Since you've got Disneyworld practically in your own backyard, I vote for Vegas.

I agree with Vegas. I think you need more than a day or two at Disneyland (heck, I was there for a week and didn't see everything!).

Plus, while you say you'll have to pay full price for a hotel, there are some excellent deals now. See www.everythinglv.com and www.fatwallet.com.

Plus, you can get a good overview of Las Vegas in just a couple of days, plus there's a lot of free stuff, and some reasonably-priced shows (e.g. sometimes an afternoon show is free with the purchase of a $6.95 drink).

hadn't noticed the part about being next to WDW. Maybe that would sway me towards Vegas.. but a fun comparrison of the two parks would be nice too!

definately,definately vegas!
you can get some great rates,on hotels in vegas.you'd be surprised.
we are from the u.k & it's my favourite place ever:cool1:
tracy

VEGAS! As much as I love Disney, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS! Especially if your not traveling with kids!! Vegas is adult Disneyworld..... You'll love it!! 3 days is a nice little taste, you'll be wanting to plan your next trip for longer! One piece of advice- stick to hotels in center strip, because if you stay too far down on any one end of the strip it will limit where you can walk to, center easier to get everywhere. I would suggest Harrahs or Flamingo for reasonably priced hotel, dead center strip, clean rooms, prices are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter