Vegetarians?

BabyPiglet

DIS Veteran
Hey, I'm trying to make the transition to vegetarianism, and I was wondering if there were any others on this board? I know we used to have a vegetarian thread (back when I was ignorant to it, lol).

I'd love some tips. Maybe your favourite foods/food brands?

Its very unhealthy and not good to do just to lose weight

Actually, there's nothing wrong with being a vegetarian if you get all the proper nutrients.

I'm not a veg (I like meat too much lol) but I happen to know that. ^^^^

oh pish posh.
I'm a vegetarian and I'm perfectly healthy...
and I don't see where said she wanted to be a vegetarian to loose weight...

the best food brand morning star farms.
it tastes like meat but it is made out of vegatables.
the best things are black bean burgers and the buffalo veggie bites.
also if you like mushrooms there are so many different ways that you can cook them for main courses. I eat mushrooms a different way almost every night.

Hey, I'm trying to make the transition to vegetarianism, and I was wondering if there were any others on this board? I know we used to have a vegetarian thread (back when I was ignorant to it, lol).

I'd love some tips. Maybe your favourite foods/food brands?

Ummmmmm...first of all: where did jenny say anything about going veg to lose weight?!

Jenny, I was veg for a couple yrs way back when, it didn't work out for me, but it's a really tough transition....
I suggest making sure you get all your proteins, that can be the hardest part....for me, i didnt like tofu/veggie burgers so that's why i couldn't stay veg because i wasn't getting my protein.

Being veg definitely IS a very healthy lifestyle, just make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need!

If you're like me and don't like them, make sure you get protein pills to supplement, and eat beans/nuts.

Do a google search for some recipes. My best friend had been veg for about 4 years, and she's doing great, I can ask her about it and report back to you :goodvibes

Are you going full beg or still eating fish? (and/or poultry)

GOOD LUCK!! I hope it works out for you! :hug:

When I went vegtarian what I did was give up a certain meat every few weeks/or a month...like Pork, then beef, then chicken then fish (though I've never liked fish so I never eat it to begin with). Also Quorn is a good meat substitute aswell, I used to eat that aswell. Just don't rush going into it as I've known more people have problems just cutting out meat right away than the way I suggested :).

Hope this helps :goodvibes

not everyone turns Veggie to diet....

Lol.
1. I'm not taking medical advice from a 14 year old.
2. I'm not doing it to lose weight.
oh pish posh.
I'm a vegetarian and I'm perfectly healthy...
and I don't see where said she wanted to be a vegetarian to loose weight...

the best food brand morning star farms.
it tastes like meat but it is made out of vegatables.
the best things are black bean burgers and the buffalo veggie bites.
also if you like mushrooms there are so many different ways that you can cook them for main courses. I eat mushrooms a different way almost every night.
Thanks, Sophie! I'm don't like mushrooms, but I've been eyeing all those morningstar farms products.
Ummmmmm...first of all: where did jenny say anything about going veg to lose weight?!

Jenny, I was veg for a couple yrs way back when, it didn't work out for me, but it's a really tough transition....
I suggest making sure you get all your proteins, that can be the hardest part....for me, i didnt like tofu/veggie burgers so that's why i couldn't stay veg because i wasn't getting my protein.

Being veg definitely IS a very healthy lifestyle, just make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need!

If you're like me and don't like them, make sure you get protein pills to supplement, and eat beans/nuts.

Do a google search for some recipes. My best friend had been veg for about 4 years, and she's doing great, I can ask her about it and report back to you :goodvibes

Are you going full beg or still eating fish? (and/or poultry)

GOOD LUCK!! I hope it works out for you! :hug:
I was considering becoming pescetarian before switching to complete vegetarianism. I think it might be a little easier, and I like fish enough for it to be my only meat for a while.
When I went vegtarian what I did was give up a certain meat every few weeks/or a month...like Pork, then beef, then chicken then fish (though I've never liked fish so I never eat it to begin with). Also Quorn is a good meat substitute aswell, I used to eat that aswell. Just don't rush going into it as I've known more people have problems just cutting out meat right away than the way I suggested :).

Hope this helps :goodvibes

not everyone turns Veggie to diet....
Oh, that's a great idea!

Thanks everyone else!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I'd make sure you can do it healthy.
My friend became a vegan, not sure how long ago, but she has so many allergies, and her dad has caeliacs, so she can't eat anything!
She won't eat any animal byproducts. So basically she's living off of salad, fake bread, fake milk, and protein drinks that look like orange juice. She doesn't seem happy, and she doesn't look healthy at all. She can't eat nuts for nutrients, and she can't get them from milk or cheese either.

Thanks, Sophie! I'm don't like mushrooms, but I've been eyeing all those morningstar farms products.

no problem. :)
if you have any other questions or anything you can ask me.

and what JarethDrakul (sorry I don't know your name) said was a good idea if you eat a lot of meat right now. taking it one step at a time is much easier. before I became a veg I rarely ate meat, so it wasn't very hard on me.

vegetarianism isn't unhealthy. if youre going to say that, i want proof.

and can someone promise to shove a cheesecake down my throat if i start to take dietary advice from a fourteen year old?

Oh, that's a great idea!
That's ok, its what someone suggested to me...what I didn't do was the nutients bit and I got very ill haha. But when I retry going back to Veggie again I know what to do right this time haha.

PosessedEeyore:
Just call me Jareth, most people do (though its not my real name which confuses some people haha). I found it did help me out, esp. when its planned out well.

Sparx:
It's a very old rumour that Vegetarian is unhealthy, it is if you do it in a silly manner. I would...but I don't know if I could let go of the cheesecake haha.

no problem. :)
if you have any other questions or anything you can ask me.

and what JarethDrakul (sorry I don't know your name) said was a good idea if you eat a lot of meat right now. taking it one step at a time is much easier. before I became a veg I rarely ate meat, so it wasn't very hard on me.
Oh, I really don't eat meat that much. Maybe for one meal a day, and that's dinner, and my mother forces me to do it.

But today we went to Chili's and I of course ordered the blackbean burger, and she saw how much I loved it, so I think she's becoming more supportive. She was even telling me the restaurants that had strictly vegetarian/vegan meals. :)

I'll make sure to get all my nutrients, Hilary! I love black beans, nuts, cheese, etc. I even think protein shakes are mighty tasty; I'm weird like that.

I hope to one day become vegan, maybe? That's another thread for another time, though!
vegetarianism isn't unhealthy. if youre going to say that, i want proof.

and can someone promise to shove a cheesecake down my throat if i start to take dietary advice from a fourteen year old?
Only if you promise to do the same for me. :goodvibes

Thats good you mother is supportive, my parent's thought it was highly amusing I wouldn't eat meat and kept making little jokes at me about it and it was really difficult for me esp. when they'd go shopping.

One step at a time, going Vegan is apparently alot harder than going Vegetarian from what a friend told me (which is why she called herself a practising Vegan haha).

Oh, I really don't eat meat that much. Maybe for one meal a day, and that's dinner, and my mother forces me to do it.

But today we went to Chili's and I of course ordered the blackbean burger, and she saw how much I loved it, so I think she's becoming more supportive. She was even telling me the restaurants that had strictly vegetarian/vegan meals. :)

black bean burgers are very good. they are really good if you eat them with avacado and salsa :goodvibes

Oh definitely, I would try it wayyy down the road once I got used to being a vegetarian.

Hooray, being a vegetarian is great.
I'm not sure how hard the transition will be because I never went through that. Just stick it out and eat veggie burgers or boca if you crave the meat taste and texture. They're a little expensive though.
Some good brands are Amy's kitchen, they're frozen dinners and snacks that are either vegetarian or vegan. They make burritos, enchiladas, and other mexican foods. They're deliciouszzs'z'zz/. Morning star is good for vegetable burgers. You can microwave them or grill them. I personally don't like them because of the texture but my aunt eats them all the time. They also make vegetable chicken nuggets, chick patties, sausages, and bacon. I actually LOVEEEEE the bacon. A lot.
Make sure you get vitamins to make up for the nutrients you're lacking from not eating meat. Also buy some nutritional drinks. I drink 2-3 a day. They supply a decent amount of nutrients and protein. Eat plenty of nuts.

Good luck!

on topic:

i was a vegan for several years. i love soy milk. it tastes like cornflakes. soy-delicious purely decadent ice cream is good.

you have to make sure you get protein, so you have to eat like, soy meats and cheeses. try low-fat peanut butter (low fat because peanut butter is LOADED with calories) eat lots of nuts and dark green vegetables too.

on topic:

i was a vegan for several years. i love soy milk. it tastes like cornflakes. soy-delicious purely decadent ice cream is good.

you have to make sure you get protein, so you have to eat like, soy meats and cheeses. try low-fat peanut butter (low fat because peanut butter is LOADED with calories) eat lots of nuts and dark green vegetables too.
Okay, I'll have to try that soy milk!

Yeah, I'm eating healthy right now, so I've bought some natural peanut butter that's so amazing. I'm not a fan of regular PB, but I love this stuff.

So, my mom's being a bit more supportive. She said she almost bought me some morningstar farms veggie burgers the other day, but she didn't know if I'd like them? So we're going shopping tomorrow and I'll pick up a few stables like beans, nuts, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter