VelociCoaster strategy??

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I wondered if anyone could share the best strategy to ride with smallest line? EPA? Late night? Thank you!

the line moves fast and is never as long as it is listed. it also depends on when your going. Go during the weekdays - it can be a walk on at times. Go first thing - most people go to Hagrids. Go later at night when most lines are shorter.

Thanks so much - great info! Another question if you don't mind. My husband has severe motion sickness, and won't be riding with me. Hagrid's almost does him in, so he doesn't think he can do VelociCoaster. However, he does want to see the queue. Is there a way for him to walk with me in line, but then discreetly leave before boarding?

We were there this past weekend and rode it during EPA. Saturday we got to the turnstiles at 7:45am and when we got to the ride it was a 20 minute posted wait which ended up being closer to 15m. Sunday we got to the turnstiles around 7.20am and were the first people at the side turnstiles. We were one of the first to get thru turnstiles and walked right on the ride (maybe the 2nd or 3rd car of the day). We got off and rode it again with a 5 minute wait. After our second ride the posted wait was 25 minutes. I would have done it again but think my partner would have lost his breakfast so we moved on.

Unfortunately Hagrids didn't open until past 10:30am both days as our plan was to then get in line for that. Who knew it got below 40 degrees in Florida ?!?! :)

We got to the park at 7:25 for EE and were a bit back (10-15 groups back from the gate). It was basically walk on but it was busy so when we exited it was already up to 45 mins so we got in line at Hagrid’s. Even though it was busy, waits were 35 to 60 throughout the day. Waits seemed to dip mid morning (10 ish) and got a little longer at night. We figured it was because there was a morning rush and then it was quiet until the teenagers got up.

Hi all! I wondered if anyone could share the best strategy to ride with smallest line? EPA? Late night? Thank you!
If it’s a weekend, our experience is a shorter line early in the morning. Even at night we stood in a long line. Early morning is your best bet if during weekend.

Reactions: CJK

We've done VC several times this week. Longest posted wait was 55 minutes, and the longest we actually waited was 35. We've never opted to do early entry. We've had good luck going in the 60-90 minutes prior to close (early close at 7pm this week) and then jumping in Hagrid's line just before close. We can usually do VC twice. It's worth doing at twilight/after dark. I'd also say that if you have some one not going with you, it's a good strategy to leave EVERYTHING with that person (yes, even your phone). There comes a point in the queue where you have to get a locker before you go through the metal detector. If you don't have to stop for a locker, you'll potentially jump ahead of many people before for the queue forms again.

Was there last week. The middle of the week it was totally manageable and nothing to even worry about. Maybe 30 at most min during the day- one evening it was practically a 10 minute walk on. On average, I'd say were were on within 20 each time. Wound up riding 6 times during the week. On Friday night it was fuller, like 40 minute wait, on Saturday the park was full and it had about 90 min wait (everything Harry Potter was like 2 hours+). Granted that was apparently an unofficial Harry Potter celebration day or something, so maybe things were a little more intense than normal.

I'd say during the week, you should be pretty fine, and make a point of riding away, as once the weekend hits, it gets dicey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter