Vent grandparents and snowdays

Alicnwondrln

DIS Veteran
I live in MA on the coast almost in NH
we were not scheduled to get much snow here and I didnt think it would be a snow day.
Last night Poppa ( the kids call him this instead of grandpa) called and was talking to ds7 telling him HE WOULD NOT HAVE SCHOOL TODAY
WHY????? I was so aggravated
I told him dont tell him that beacuse you dont know that
ds7 was a real pain the rest of the night it was fight to do homework take a shower and go to bed on time all cuz he doesnt think he will have school today

guess what HE HAS SCHOOL !!!! just like i knew he would

so aggravating !!!!

I live in MA on the coast almost in NH
we were not scheduled to get much snow here and I didnt think it would be a snow day.
Last night Poppa ( the kids call him this instead of grandpa) called and was talking to ds7 telling him HE WOULD NOT HAVE SCHOOL TODAY
WHY????? I was so aggravated
I told him dont tell him that beacuse you dont know that
ds7 was a real pain the rest of the night it was fight to do homework take a shower and go to bed on time all cuz he doesnt think he will have school today

guess what HE HAS SCHOOL !!!! just like i knew he would

so aggravating !!!!
Why would he not believe you that you have to wait and see if school is cancelled (ie, school is not cancelled until the school says it's cancelled)? I'm not sure I understand. :confused3

My fil did the same thing (he fancies himself some kind of weatherman- and apparently school superintendent also). He told my kids 100% chance of no school Friday. My kids know he doesn't get to call school off though- but he was right. There's no school here today. They will have to go an extra day in June though because of it. They're happy today- they won't be in June!

Why would he not believe you that you have to wait and see if school is cancelled (ie, school is not cancelled until the school says it's cancelled)? I'm not sure I understand. :confused3

I understand perfectly. :) My now 8 yr old takes very little to distract her anyway. If her Nana (whom she adores) told her there would be no school, it would trump anything else. Wishful thinking ya know?

My mom has done that to my son twice with hurricane days. I totally understand what you mean. My son was a PITA to get to bed and stuff, and it turned out both times that he ended up in school after all.

well ds7 and his poppa is never wrong
my step thinks he knows everythinn
when i asked why he told ds tis he said kid its gonna be awful out tomorrow
I know I live in the mountains blah blah blah blah
i said whatever school hasnt been cancelled so please dont tell him that

aggrevating? somewhat.

be thankful your children have grandparents for you to be aggrevated with.

My fil did the same thing (he fancies himself some kind of weatherman- and apparently school superintendent also). He told my kids 100% chance of no school Friday. My kids know he doesn't get to call school off though- but he was right. There's no school here today. They will have to go an extra day in June though because of it. They're happy today- they won't be in June!

well have fun today then :)

I have found away to remedy that, My kiddos are convinced if you do not do all your homework early and get your lunch box set and pickout your clothes the night before a possible snow day you will "JINX" it. Then even if they do have school you the parent have no fights.

It was a race here yesterday to see who could get all thier stuff done first!!!

Hee hee I am also the one who invented the PumpkinFairy in our neighborhood kids, leave all the candy they can't eat(stickystuff) and half of what is left after that for the pumpkin fairy Haloween night and the fairy leaves them a "NON CANDY" treat. All the money spent on teeth here they don't need all that extra candy!

ds7 just woke up and I said you have school. He was like GRRRR but popp said no school. I was like well the schools open so your going get dressed!

LOL, it sounds like I am really fortunate that my mother never does stuff like that. And the other grandparents are out of town, so they don't have the opportunity.

Well, hopefully he has a good day at school and remembers this the next time Poppy 'guarantees' a snow day, LOL

We have a snow day today :cool1: . I know what you mean though. Wednesday night the kids were convinced there wouldn't be school yesterday so they all stayed up late. Getting ready for school was a little tough for them yesterday morning.

well have fun today then :)

My house needs a good cleaning (I usually work, but I'm home today) and I'm leaving for Portland tomorrow so I think I'll give it a good cleaning. Hopefully we won't lose the power- the wind is supposed to start blowing later.

Awww....he is only 7.
It takes awhile for the grandkids to realize that grandma and grandpa don't have a clue sometimes.;)

Also here in MA and disappointed that we don't have a snow day..

Yesterday the Vice Principal of my ds12's school was saying they would proably have snow day, at least she was hoping! :) Kids were mad when they got up and they will be trudging, reluctantly, off to school soon..

My father will be one to do this as well!! I am running into a similar situation today. I asked my parents if they would be home this weekend. And if the weather wasn't bad I would bring DS' out to visit (they live about 1 hour 15 min away from us). I tell my dad...don't say anything to DS#1, all depends on weather, how I'm feeling, etc etc..DS #2 is a newborn and lack of sleep..

Anyways, he said something to DS, now that's all he's talking about. And of course my parents have my nephew every friday night, and DS knows my nephew will be there tonight. So, now it's a fight...me telling him I don't know if we are going or not. Roads are not good here, schools are cancelled. He would have daycare today (no K), so I decided to keep him home. I don't want to drive in this this am...

UGH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter