VENT! Major league baseball play-off times!!!!

Oh yea. Heck, they predicted rain here for one of the games and they moved the game time based on the weather to 2:30 without warning. You got less than 24hr warning. :eek:

They're predicting rain here for Monday too. Tropical storm Karen is supposed to make her way up the coast and hit here, yep u guessed it Monday. The rain is predicted more late Sunday to Monday afternoon so maybe it will work in my favor.
I just hope the game isn't rescheduled.

So I am so incredibly happy that our Pittsburgh Pirates are in the play-offs for the first time in 21 years.

I bought tickets for Mondays game here at PNC park. The game time was just announced and its 3:07pm.

Seriously??? Do MLB people think us "real" people dont work?

I just texted my boss to see if I can leave early Monday. I seriously am not sure what she'll say. DH will have to take a vacation day and I'll have to pull DS early from school ( high school freshman)

I bought the tickets a few days ago from a resale ticket place. I paid about $30 per ticket over face value. I dont want to sell them because we want to go but really why cant the games be in the evening? Ridiculous!!!!!!

I hear ya. These day games drive me crazy. The Red Sox had a home game at 3:00 yesterday. I didn't have tickets, but my daughter's school is a couple of blocks away from Fenway park. Picking her up from school when they have a day game is a living hell. Boston traffic is horrible anyway, but having to deal with all of the Fenway traffic and the school dismissal traffic at the same time is enough to drive anyone to drink.

They played @ noon St Louis time yesterday....so it's not just you or that game. They often have 2 or 3 games played everyday and don't like games to overlap.

It's been that way for years -- but probably not really a concern for you until now! ;)

GO CARDS!

That's right. Ferris Beuller ditched school and attended a game too lol.

Wait, I thought he was sick! :rotfl2:

Go Tigers!!!! And yes, I didn't care for the 9:37 or whatever start but I figured it's because they were on the West coast. I did manage to stay awake for two innings of Scherzer pitching. He's so awesome! Got to go watch him play earlier this summer.:thumbsup2

They played @ noon St Louis time yesterday....so it's not just you or that game. They often have 2 or 3 games played everyday and don't like games to overlap.

It's been that way for years -- but probably not really a concern for you until now! ;)

GO CARDS!

Oh yes, we deal with it almost every year...cough, cough...:lmao:

So I am so incredibly happy that our Pittsburgh Pirates are in the play-offs for the first time in 21 years. I bought tickets for Mondays game here at PNC park. The game time was just announced and its 3:07pm. Seriously??? Do MLB people think us "real" people dont work? I just texted my boss to see if I can leave early Monday. I seriously am not sure what she'll say. DH will have to take a vacation day and I'll have to pull DS early from school ( high school freshman) I bought the tickets a few days ago from a resale ticket place. I paid about $30 per ticket over face value. I dont want to sell them because we want to go but really why cant the games be in the evening? Ridiculous!!!!!!

My, oh my... We haven't been to the playoffs since 21 YEARS and you're complaining about start time??? Really??? I've heard it all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

They're predicting rain here for Monday too. Tropical storm Karen is supposed to make her way up the coast and hit here, yep u guessed it Monday. The rain is predicted more late Sunday to Monday afternoon so maybe it will work in my favor.
I just hope the game isn't rescheduled.

We dealt with weather issues and game change times all through out the Phillies World Series run in 2008.

Day games in the playoffs have been going on for decades.

Having playoff games and World Series during the day is not a new thing. When I was in 9th grade, we got off school to watch the World Series. That was 45 years ago.

Those are very good PRIORITIES!!

My parents met during a WS. My mom was listening to a game between classes. My dad asked about the game, the rest is history.
BASEBALL is in our blood!

My, oh my... We haven't been to the playoffs since 21 YEARS and you're complaining about start time??? Really??? I've heard it all. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes sorry I am!

When DH and I have to miss work and DS school , yes!

Will it deter me from going to the game ? Heck no!
Its a vent , sometimes people go on these boards to do that you know.

Its just something I didnt think about and now I know for future games. Because according to many pp's this is in no way new and has been happening for years.
When our buccos wrap up this series with the Cards monday, I know to just buy tickets for weekend games.

Just because I complain about start times doesnt make me any less a fan or any less ecstatic about how far our boys have gone.
I just wish they would stagger the games better like hockey and have all the games in the evening .

But as I said live and learn.
Most important thing we will be at PNC park Monday to cheer our boys to victory

We bought tickets for Saturday not knowing the game time and being afraid it was a 1 pm game, which would have messed up an appointment we can't miss in the morning. We were happy with the 6 pm time. But my Raiders fans coworkers are livid about the Sunday game.

Why should the Raider fans care? It isn't that big a deal to change the game time. Unless they have tickets and can't go now because it's late. lol

But yes, I thought the game would have been a day game today.

Yes sorry I am!

When DH and I have to miss work and DS school , yes!

Will it deter me from going to the game ? Heck no!
Its a vent , sometimes people go on these boards to do that you know.

Its just something I didnt think about and now I know for future games. Because according to many pp's this is in no way new and has been happening for years.
When our buccos wrap up this series with the Cards monday, I know to just buy tickets for weekend games.

Just because I complain about start times doesnt make me any less a fan or any less ecstatic about how far our boys have gone.
I just wish they would stagger the games better like hockey and have all the games in the evening .

But as I said live and learn.
Most important thing we will be at PNC park Monday to cheer our boys to victory

We will be there with you! Glad your boss was understanding! :) I'm hoping for no torrential downpours and that the game goes off as scheduled! We are traveling over 2 hours to get there and my DS is also missing school, so I totally feel your pain and frustration at the schedule! Never-the-less, I'm hoping we win the division in game 4 and my DS is there to see it! Lets Go Bucs!

I was listening to a sports talk show today and people were upset that they took so long to announce the game time, considering it is on a work day afternoon. My brother delivers pizza for Pizza Hut, he's not happy because they will probably not get a lot of business on a weekday afternoon. He had 15 deliveries before the Reds game.

My first guess would be because of the sheer length of a baseball game. If it didn't start until 6 or 7 it wouldn't be over until 10 or 11...and then you would be complaining "How can they end a game so late on a weekday? don't they know us REAL people have to work in the morning?!?"

So you miss the first inning or two? No biggie.

My first guess would be because of the sheer length of a baseball game. If it didn't start until 6 or 7 it wouldn't be over until 10 or 11...and then you would be complaining "How can they end a game so late on a weekday? don't they know us REAL people have to work in the morning?!?"

No one complained last Tuesday when the wildcard started at 8:00pm.

My first guess would be because of the sheer length of a baseball game. If it didn't start until 6 or 7 it wouldn't be over until 10 or 11...and then you would be complaining "How can they end a game so late on a weekday? don't they know us REAL people have to work in the morning?!?" So you miss the first inning or two? No biggie.

you're not a big baseball fan, are you?

Yes sorry I am! When DH and I have to miss work and DS school , yes! Will it deter me from going to the game ? Heck no! Its a vent , sometimes people go on these boards to do that you know. Its just something I didnt think about and now I know for future games. Because according to many pp's this is in no way new and has been happening for years. When our buccos wrap up this series with the Cards monday, I know to just buy tickets for weekend games. Just because I complain about start times doesnt make me any less a fan or any less ecstatic about how far our boys have gone. I just wish they would stagger the games better like hockey and have all the games in the evening . But as I said live and learn. Most important thing we will be at PNC park Monday to cheer our boys to victory

Heck! This should be a school holiday for Pittsburgh!

GO BUCS!

you're not a big baseball fan, are you?
Why do you say that? because of my comment about the length of a game or about missing the beginning of a long game?

I'm not a big baseball fan, but DH is. And he is a fan of a non local team. And he knows that Rangers playing at the Angels is not a valid reason for leaving work early, so he leaves when his workday is over, sits in LA traffic and tries to get there by the fourth inning. And is glad he got to go.

Most every regular season baseball game during the week starts at 7:05 local time....that's normal.

Why do you say that? because of my comment about the length of a game or about missing the beginning of a long game? I'm not a big baseball fan, but DH is. And he is a fan of a non local team. And he knows that Rangers playing at the Angels is not a valid reason for leaving work early, so he leaves when his workday is over, sits in LA traffic and tries to get there by the fourth inning. And is glad he got to go.

Baseball games are no longer than football games.

Late national football games start at 8:30 or even later.

Im happy your husband thinks paying for tickets, parking and the hassle of sitting in traffic is ok to do to see 1/2 of a game.
Not ok here. DH already took a vacation day. I am leaving at 1pm and DS is getting out of school at 12:30.

This is a play-off game that our Pirates have not participated in, in 21 YEARS!!!! This is not some run of the mill non significant afternoon game.

Being a non fan I'm sure you cant understand that.

As someone stated also, this game time was not announced until late friday afternoon. Announce the times earlier so if arrangements need to be made, they can be.
DH and I are lucky we can take time off if need be. I know with some jobs that isnt the case so the tickets would need to be sold or go unused.

Now I hope the rain we're supposed to get is finished by game time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter