Vent! Wow!

DramaQueen

<font color=green>for the love of LEO!<br><marquee
Okay wow, I am sooooo pissed off right now!!!!!!
It's kind of really stupid, but I have to share, because I'm sure some of you can relate.

I follow this 'friend' of mine on twitter, and her past two tweets were:

[Name]doesn't understand why zara & h&m make such a large # of the huge sizes (I.E. 10 & UP) & so little of the smaller sizes.
&
[Name]people that are size 12 are most likely not even trendy & shop @ place's like laura + size stores. ughhh. over it.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME?!?!?!

I'm a size 10, I'm NOT 'huge', I shop at h&m, I shop at Zara, I shop at aritzia, I shop at hollister.

I cannot believe the ignorance!! Size 10 is definitely average sized!
I'm so outraged and disgusted!! I want to punch something!! :eek:

Anyways, I'm pretty much just venting, I want to write a snarky tweet back, but I wont. But UGH, I'm infuriated.

Why does what size a person is make a difference if they're "trendy" I know people who are about 6 sizes bigger than that who have really good fashion sense....also the bigger sizes are more likely due to the fact bigger sizes sell more than smaller sizes, they wouldn't make a big amount of certain sizes if they're not gonna sell (simple logic haha).

I can see why you'd be annoyed at this person.

I have to comment because I totally agree

Im a size 8 and I dont think Im fat but a couple months ago I was reading an article about rachel ray and she said that there are days when she hates her body a lot (she's a size 6) That made me feel horrible that someone who is smaller then me feels fat

Oh, WHAT? The average size of woman in the US is a size 14! Some people are so ignorant.

Oh, WHAT? The average size of woman in the US is a size 14! Some people are so ignorant.

the sizes vary in countries....but its due to the media making a big issue about super thin women (size 0 is a good example of this), I mean alot of people spoke a few years back about how fat Marilyn Monroe was, but for her time she was extremely skinny...but then even a size 0 is actually a UK size 4 or 6 (if I remember correctly, haven't looked into this for about 2 years). It used to be harder for people of larger sizes to get clothes, not even that long ago in fact (again if I remember correctly it changed somewhere in the 80's or 90's).

i'm a sixteen, and its REALLY hard to find jeans that fit, because a lot of stores actually don't make a big deal out of the bigger sizes (not saying 16 is big, but compared to a 00)

and it can REALLY kill your self esteme when you go to a store and not a single thing in there fits.

wow that's so stupid!
people are so ignorant to realize that curvy is attractive

i don't even fit into women's sizes =/

all i have to say is ahem sister! You are my idol!

all i have to say is ahem sister! You are my idol!

why thankyou, thank you very much.

uurgh seriously though that made me so angry!

and i feel you shelby! i HATE going shopping sometimes, I always get so angry if I don't fit into a certain size!!!!

but I really really don't think I'm fat or unhealthy,I don't think a size 10 or 12 or 14 is FAT or "huge" either!! Sorry we're not all size 0 there honey, but we're not all 5'1 either!!

and its so hard for me to shop sometimes because.. Not only am I not the skinnest person in the world but I'm short! So a regular size for the average height is too big for shorties. ugggghhhhhh...

AND I have big hips but no butt... that has nothing to do with this.. buutt it makes me so mad cause I can't find jeans lol

I hate when people are like that. Everytime I hear somebody like that I just want to say something very mean back.

I'm a 12 and that's fine with me (yes, I'd like to be a little thinner, but that's because of some health reasons not because I'm insecure or don't like the way I look). Some of the most trendy people I know wear 14s or 16s.

It's the people who have to waddle, though, that make me angry. My cousin is morbidly obese because she just sits around and eats pretty much all day. That's what ticks me off. She's 15 and wears a 22 or a 24. That's the point when I start getting angry at people about their weight.

Yeeesh :headache:

Plus-size is healthy and sexy!

I wear a 7 in most brands. I'm short, but I've got hips and a bootay.

And know what? I don't care one bit. I'm 5'0'', 100 pounds, and SO WHAT?

I hate when people are like that. Everytime I hear somebody like that I just want to say something very mean back.

I'm a 12 and that's fine with me (yes, I'd like to be a little thinner, but that's because of some health reasons not because I'm insecure or don't like the way I look). Some of the most trendy people I know wear 14s or 16s.

It's the people who have to waddle, though, that make me angry. My cousin is morbidly obese because she just sits around and eats pretty much all day. That's what ticks me off. She's 15 and wears a 22 or a 24. That's the point when I start getting angry at people about their weight.

I'm almost 15 and wear a size 22 pants. But I don't waddle. I am a bit overweight but I'm also very tall (5'10-5'11) and I also am built big. Like I have big bones.

Agreed. Or those poor kids that are so obese they can barely walk, and they're only 9 or 10? I find that so sad! Especially when their parents are also obese and just feeding them the fried chicken.

I'm almost 15 and wear a size 22 pants. But I don't waddle. I am a bit overweight but I'm also very tall (5'10-5'11) and I also am built big. Like I have big bones.

see, she's 5'1 on a good day. And she just sits and eats-- that's pretty much all she does. I try not to judge if I just see somebody who is overweight, but with her, I can't help it. I see her eat bowls of popcorn, fried food, etc; and do nothing about it. That's what really gets to me out of all of it. I'm pretty sure she weighs over 250.

Okay, so I'm not agreeing with the tweets said by this person but...

I'm tiny. 5'3" 120 lbs. I'm a 0 or a 2. Now I don't spend money when I shop. I usually go to Old Navy for jeans. I know Old Navy is an average store, that they appeal to all types of people of all sizes. It is annoying when they don't have any of my sizes left when I go there.

I recently went the other day to buy shorts for Disney and there were only 2 or 3 of my size on the floor.

I'm not saying that they should have more of my size because I know that the majority of the country is not a size 0. And like I understand that logic that JarethDrakul stated in his post. It would not be logical to have clothes on the floor that people aren't going to buy.

I'm just saying that I understand where that person is coming from.
Please don't flame me.

Okay, so I'm not agreeing with the tweets said by this person but...

I'm tiny. 5'3" 120 lbs. I'm a 0 or a 2. Now I don't spend money when I shop. I usually go to Old Navy for jeans. I know Old Navy is an average store, that they appeal to all types of people of all sizes. It is annoying when they don't have any of my sizes left when I go there.

I recently went the other day to buy shorts for Disney and there were only 2 or 3 of my size on the floor.

I'm not saying that they should have more of my size because I know that the majority of the country is not a size 0. And like I understand that logic that JarethDrakul stated in his post. It would not be logical to have clothes on the floor that people aren't going to buy.

I'm just saying that I understand where that person is coming from.
Please don't flame me.

I get what you're saying. It's really hard to find anything in the "extremes" of the size range. Almost all the stuff I see at my local stores are 7s or 9s. They have little to no 00s through 5s or above an 11. It really aggravates me.

lol, America's also the fattest country in the world. I'd say 14 is alright, but something like an 8-12 is ideal for women, who actually do need body fat [baby making reasons].

lol, America's also the fattest country in the world. I'd say 14 is alright, but something like an 8-12 is ideal for women, who actually do need body fat [baby making reasons].
Lol, sad, but true. Stores should still cater to the average woman though. I don't think size matters (lol) as much as actual health.

My mom is plus-size (and losing weight), but I've been in those stores, they SUCK. It's like they think every plus-size gal is 60+.

It's like sometimes I want to say "WAKE UP PEOPLE. NOT EVERYONE IS A SIZE 00."

Ten is not huge. Seriously. Neither is 12, 14 or 16.

And to me it seems like stores make more of the small sizes then the larger ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter