VEP DVC press release (from another unofficial site)

Caskbill

<font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning<
Check out the 'press release' from another unofficial Disney site. They have an artist's sketch of the VEP resort.

Click Here

Still looking for the official announcement from Disney. Anybody found it yet?

We just returned from 2 wonderful weeks at WDW. While I was waiting to check in at BWV, the CM running the line said to watch for a MAJOR announcement regarding a new resort coming in the mail within the next few weeks. I'm guessing this is it. Also one of the sales people at the desk in BW said Disney really needs another OKW type of resort and this looks like this could be it.

Checked with Business Wire, the source of the excite report in Werner's post. That is an official press release from Disney.

That rendering in the link that Caskbill posted looks a lot like the Boca Raton Club and Resort, buil by Addison Mizner. I bet it will be an awesome resort. Thanks for the links!!!

The press release says. "The proposed 600-unit ownership development is slated to occupy a 61-acre site along the award-winning Disney's Eagle Pines Golf Course at Walt Disney World Resort" -- but the press release never calls the the new DVC resort by name. Either Disney hasn't decided on a name, or Disney still needs to take some actions to finalize the name.

Of course, it's convenient for us to call the resort "Villas at Eagle Pines" (or "VEP" for short) here on the DIS boards until there's an official name announced. The resort is likely to have a different name.

Typically, WDW resorts have names that reflect the theme of the hotel -- either directly (such as "Polynesian") or in spirit (such as "Yacht Club"). Disney's Old Key West Resort isn't called Disney's Villas at Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

Of course, if "Villas at Eagle Pines" is the current working name, it may just stick and become the final name. Supposedly, that's how the Contemporary Resort got its name.

Werner -- excellent point. I guess we picked up that short-hand here when Gail Reale broke the news referring to Villas at Eagle Pines and Jennybobenny christened it VEP. However, the Orlando Sentinel article reads in part:

The 600-unit resort, which has not been named, will be Disney's first full-scale time-share offering since its Old Key West Resort sold out in late 2000. The new resort will sit on 61 acres adjacent to Disney's Eagle Pines Golf Course.

So, since we can't guess the next resort or the theme.....how about guessing the name? Tiger Woods' Golf Academy at WDW comes to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter