Vera Bradley - anyone a fan?

Sugar Jones

DIS Veteran
I am normally not a fan of floral, girly fabrics but for some reason I really love her bags. Weird I know! ;)

Anyway I have the mini hipster and now I'm wanting a tote sized bag.

Does anyone have a tote they prefer or recommend? I wish there was a picture of the bags on a shoulder so I could gage the size. I can't picture how big it is from measurements.

I basically want it for my purse on our flights, for lugging snacks & extras to soccer games.

Thanks!

My favorite one to use when I travel is the Miller Bag. Its big enough to hold lots, but not too big to carry easily.

I am a huge fan of Vera bags. I use my hipster and mini hipsters quite a bit for going to the mall, grocery shopping and small outings like that. I also have the "Vera" tote and I love it. It's not her biggest tote by far, but it does hold a good amount of things. I use it when going on outings to the park with my dd. She's 4 and she likes to carry a few sand toys with her to play in the gravel with. I also use it to take to the soccer field like that for snacks and such. I'm not big on floral prints either, but I really do love everything Vera. I'm looking into purchasing a Vera book bag just to have for traveling...mainly for Disney. I like having a cross body, but I tend to want to take it off and hang it on the stroller when were walking through the parks and I really don't know why :confused3

I'm not sure if your looking for somewhat of a bigger tote from the "Vera" bag, but I just wanted to note that it works well for me and it's not so big that if I wanted to use it for everyday use, I could do so.

I'm a huge fan of Vera Bradley Bags. I have several bags that I switch on using every month. But I love when I get a good deal on them. The one I'm hoping to find a good deal on is a Get Carried Away bag. I'd love to use that for my overnight bags. Right now for my overnight bag I use the diaper bag because it has many pockets in it. Plus it doesn't look like a diaper bag. Since I'm using my new small camera for Disney this year I'm probably going to use my Hipster bag this year.

I got the Laura style for a recent trip. It was perfect, not too big, but large enough to hold all the necessities for the plane trip. It's easy to get into and has lots of pockets for staying organized. It's my new favorite travel bag.

We have a local store that sells them. They're beautiful and there's such an overwhelming selection. However, I'm not a fan of the price so I won't ever buy one. :rolleyes2 Cute bags though!

I am a huge Vera Bradley fan. I recommend the pleated tote. I use it for snacks, drinks, and few toys to keep the kiddos happy! I usually buy on ebay though. You can get some great gently used bags for much less!

I am a huge Vera Bradley fan. I recommend the pleated tote. I use it for snacks, drinks, and few toys to keep the kiddos happy! I usually buy on ebay though. You can get some great gently used bags for much less!

I have looked on EBay, but usually the price to ship to Canada is ridiculous for some reason :confused3

I have looked on EBay, but usually the price to ship to Canada is ridiculous for some reason :confused3

If you are still looking the Vera Bradley website has many sale items. Patterns and styles are retired and discounted. Check it out!:)

just wanted to make sure that you knew that Vera Bradley is coming out with two mickey and minnie mouse themed patterns in the Fall! I cannot wait! I love the Hipster for the Parks.

I'm a huge fan of Vera Bradley Bags. I have several bags that I switch on using every month. But I love when I get a good deal on them. The one I'm hoping to find a good deal on is a Get Carried Away bag. I'd love to use that for my overnight bags. Right now for my overnight bag I use the diaper bag because it has many pockets in it. Plus it doesn't look like a diaper bag. Since I'm using my new small camera for Disney this year I'm probably going to use my Hipster bag this year.

We have a local store that sells them. They're beautiful and there's such an overwhelming selection. However, I'm not a fan of the price so I won't ever buy one. :rolleyes2 Cute bags though!

I'm a huge fan of all the VB bags and have a whole closet in my spare bedroom stuffed with their bags. I seldom ever pay full price for any of them though. I get them on ebay or else when the VB site has them on sale for 40%-50% off. A few months ago, when they had the Mocha Rouge print on sale, I got the 22" spinner, a weekender, and tons of the accessories in that print, so even though I spent alot, I got a whole set of the same print for a great deal. I've also picked up alot of the Very Berry Paisley print when the site ran it for 50% off, getting a grand traveler, a weekender, a small duffel, and again tons of accessories. When they are 50% off, they are hard to pass up.:rolleyes1 Recently I've also gotten some really good deals on ebay for the Provencal print and now have a whole set in it, including another grand traveler, weekender, and most of the accessories. A couple of years ago I picked up a weekender, small duffel, the Get Carried Away bag, and a few accessories on ebay for some really good prices in the English Meadow print, when they had it on sale. I also picked up a 22" rolling duffel, a couple of regular duffels and alot of the accessories several years ago when the site had the Blue Rhapsody print on sale.

I love the large backpacks and the old Villagers to carry to work. I like the mini hipsters and any of the wristlets for the parks. My favorite one is the double sided ID wristlet that they discontinued a year or so ago though. However, most of the time I just carry a zip ID in my cargo pockets. It's just big enough to hold my ID, room key, AP, CC, and a little cash. I carry very little in my daily bag, (usually just a wallet), so love the old Amy style purses or the Frannie. I love how small they are and that they are crossbody, so I can't lay them down anywhere. Anytime, I go to Orlando, I make a trip over to the VB outlet store over at the outlet mall on Vineland and pick up a few things.

Go to QVC.com and search Vera Bradley. There is one called the travel bag and comes with a slim cosmetic case. Highly recommend and customer top rated on QVC.

My favorite tote is the Laura. I feel that it has plenty of storage/organization inside so that it does not become a black hole.

I have the "tote" and another tote about the same size, but it has a zipper.I love them both!

When I am looking at the size of a bag, I think of a piece of paper 8 1/2x11 (it is easy to think of how big it is) and compare it to the bags dimensions.

The carry on bag is perfect for on a plane, it holds tons and fits under the seat!

I find the online sale prices are always better than our local store that sells them even when the store runs sales. Shipping can be free under certain conditions, too. I used the carry on size and a crossbody bag for my 5 day trip and had no checked luggage.

The Get Carried Away bag is one of my favorites!! Lots of pockets and some are plastic lined. Also has a breakaway zipper to close it!! Have used that as my carry on for the airline. Keeps my Vera Bradley Tech organizer, a large make up bag, tablet, small cosmetic and leaves room for jackets and other stuff. Also,
Has served as a snack bag for dance competitions.
Very versatile!!!

I am relatively new to VB, but quickly fell for her products! I got a hipster as a gift for my SIL and got hooked then. I am lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from an outlet :thumbsup2 or as my wallet thinks, unlucky, lol. I was really lucky and had received a $20 email discount after signing up for the newsletter, have bought 2 off of Ebay for $1.97 each and I also received a $25 off $75 in the mail. Our outlet has 50% off a few times a year and you can use the coupons on top of the sale. I like the travel wallet as a regular wallet, and LOVE the Get Carried Away tote, Miller and Weekender bags! Just today I went in to get gifts for graduations/Mother's Day/BDay we have coming up, (I like the coin purse and put a gift card in there or the wristlets if I can get a good deal)Now..keep in mind I was getting gifts for various things, and I was able to make 4 separate purchases and use $85 in coupons.
4 weekenders
1 get carried away
1 miller bag
1 hipster
1 mini hipster
1 zip ID
1 coin purse
1 all in one wristlet
1 travel wallet

My total was just under 300 for 10 gifts for Mother's Day, Graduations and one birthday, one Christmas...the Weekenders were the best , under $34 each and in colors I loved (lemon parfait, Island Blooms, Lime's Up and Very Berry Paisley)
I am keeping the Get Carried Away and all in one wristlet. I had a $50 Visa gift card that I received at Christmas so I finally used it, only needing to add $2.67.

I REALLY like the Plum Crazy pattern, but the new patterns are not at the outlet ~that said, the Island Blooms and Limes Up are perfect for the Grad's heading to College and the others are paisley patterns which I am partial to.
I recommend the Get Carried away bag or Weekender for travel. The Miller bag is nice, and I think it has one of the best zippers , but just a smidge too small as a carry on for me. I like the shoulder strap in the weekender and the rounded style, however the Get Carried Away is larger, has nice padded straps and 2 of the pockets are plastic lined. I have a trip in July and can't wait to use it. :cool1:

Now..I know $300 does not exactly scream budget but I have looked at other brands of Totes, carry-ons etc. and I think to get any of the travel bags under $50 is very competitively priced. I am so excited to have gotten a ton of gifts taken care of that I know the recipients will be thrilled over ( they are all Vera fan's) and the great policy that they can exchange for a different pattern or whatever makes it even better.
I do plan on Scotch-guarding my bag, and one DISer suggested a product called "camp-out" from WalMart so I may try that.

I don't know if you have a store called "Clothes Mentor" near you, it's resale~ but ours gets a lot of VB bags in, maybe look into that as well?

No matter what bag you choose, I think you will like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter