Vera Bradley lovers... help would be appreciated!

I may have mentioned this before, but for those of you looking for a park bag or traveling bag, especially Disney...please try the Pleated Tote w/ a wristlet tucked inside.

I'm glad it works for you, but for me, that thing is WAY too big to carry around Disney (honestly, even the Hipster would be too big for me to carry around Disney - I wouldn't carry anything bigger than a Mini Hipster). And it can't be worn cross-body, which is a must for me.

Has any one here ever used the mini hipster at Disney for their park bag? I have a few Disney Dooney's that I thought I was going to use as my park bags, but I'm afraid of them getting wet or dirty. I was just wondering if the mini hipster fits in the pouches they have for putting your stuff in on rides like RnRC. I could always loop my bag around my leg like I did last time, but would really prefer to not have to do that if possible. Thanks! :flower3:

I took my Mini Hipster for the first time when I went to WDW in May. It worked GREAT! I didn't even take it off on most of the rides. A Hipster is just too big for me, I couldn't take that bouncing off my considerable hips :lmao: all day long. I fit the little bit that I carry just fine in the Mini, the only problem was what to do about a water bottle. I just made sure I stopped many times during the day to drink something. Loved that I could keep my AP and PhotoPass cards right in the flap. So handy. The Mini Hipster worked great for me! :thumbsup2

Has any one here ever used the mini hipster at Disney for their park bag? I have a few Disney Dooney's that I thought I was going to use as my park bags, but I'm afraid of them getting wet or dirty. I was just wondering if the mini hipster fits in the pouches they have for putting your stuff in on rides like RnRC. I could always loop my bag around my leg like I did last time, but would really prefer to not have to do that if possible. Thanks! :flower3:

I used the mini hipster one year for my trip and it was stuffed to the gills! I needed a little more room for everything so the following year I went with the hipster.

I took my Mini Hipster for the first time when I went to WDW in May. It worked GREAT! I didn't even take it off on most of the rides. A Hipster is just too big for me, I couldn't take that bouncing off my considerable hips :lmao: all day long. I fit the little bit that I carry just fine in the Mini, the only problem was what to do about a water bottle. I just made sure I stopped many times during the day to drink something. Loved that I could keep my AP and PhotoPass cards right in the flap. So handy. The Mini Hipster worked great for me! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I think I will try the mini hipster. It should fit everything I'm planning on bringing, and as far as a water bottle goes, I have a Disney lanyard that's meant attach to bottles that I got a few years back, so I'll just use that. Now I just have to decide on a pattern...

I used the mini hipster one year for my trip and it was stuffed to the gills! I needed a little more room for everything so the following year I went with the hipster.

I'm doing the opposite :laughing: I brought WAY too much last time we went, so this time I'm trying to go a bit lighter. I'm hoping that by using a smaller bag I'll force myself into bringing less :rotfl:

Hi
Did any of you VB fan went to the new Orlando outlet I'm wondering are all products at regular prices ?? or are there any specials ??? I,m planning a little stop there in sept :lmao:and hoping to add on to mt ever growing collection .
thanks

I'm doing the opposite :laughing: I brought WAY too much last time we went, so this time I'm trying to go a bit lighter. I'm hoping that by using a smaller bag I'll force myself into bringing less :rotfl:

The funny thing is, I only had a small wallet, my phone, camera, and gum. Because I have a bag, my boyfriend thinks it's ok to stick his wallet and whatever else he wants to carry in there! :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, I only had a small wallet, my phone, camera, and gum. Because I have a bag, my boyfriend thinks it's ok to stick his wallet and whatever else he wants to carry in there! :rolleyes:

I put my foot down. Now that DD is old enough to carry her own bag, the only things that go in MY bag our MY things. I will not lug your sunglasses, wallet, etc.

Hi
Did any of you VB fan went to the new Orlando outlet I'm wondering are all products at regular prices ?? or are there any specials ??? I,m planning a little stop there in sept :lmao:and hoping to add on to mt ever growing collection .
thanks

I went opening weekend. They had a great selection of retired patterns and styles. They didn't have anything that wasn't retired. (They had some current products in retired colors, or retired bags in current colors, or other things that were part of a limited time promotion, but nothing you'd expect to find on a normal retailer's shelf at that time.) The prices were good - I'd say most things were 20-25% off retail (similar to what you'd find at a retail store after things go one sale once they are retired) but some things were discounted even more than that. When I was there they were handing out coupons to get an additional 20% off all travel bags. I imagine that was mostly because it was their grand opening, but since then I've gotten several emails about different sidewalk sales and in-store specials so I think they have different sales fairly often.

My sisters always do that to me with my purses, but I refuse to let it happen at Disney. They can carry their own stuff :rolleyes2

Me again :lmao: I'm wondering do you treat your bags ( to get them water or snow resistant ) if so what do you use also using those products does it change the colors of the bags ...I want to bring my hipsters ( 2 ) at WDW in sept but don't want to get them soaked you know afternoon thundertorms lol..
if they get wet ( rain ) do they dry nicely ( they don't get weird looking :confused3 here I am obssesive with my bags lol..
thanks so happy to have found this thread :thumbsup2

The bags are washable (at least all of mine are), so they are colorfast when wet. Some have a cardboard base that must be removed for washing. I probably wouldn't take that type out in a heavy rain. I don't treat mine with anything, though I suppose I should Scotchguard them.

The bags are washable (at least all of mine are), so they are colorfast when wet. Some have a cardboard base that must be removed for washing. I probably wouldn't take that type out in a heavy rain. I don't treat mine with anything, though I suppose I should Scotchguard them.
thank you

Yes but if you don't wear them out, you won't have any excuse to buy NEW ONES! :lmao:

Well, since VBs are cloth they can get wet. While I was in D.C. this past month I was caught in a downpour while walking to Capitol Hill. My Hipster and I were soaked. Plus, since I was on a pathway on the hill I couldn't duck for cover anywhere! :eek:

My bag was fine afterwards. It dried in a few hours, and surprisingly it didn't soak through and get my contents all wet! No visible color loss, and it took out a BBQ stain I had just gotten on a tag. :cool1:

TLDR: I probably wouldn't treat it, especially since it's a lot easier to find shelter at Disney.

(BTW, I'm eying the Olivia's on the website for 9.99)

I just returned from Rehoboth Beach, DE and found a store called "Unlimited" on 1st St. and Delaware Ave. that sells all things "Vera". I purchased the "Little Betsy" purse and a wristlet in the "Hot Dahlia" pattern. I already had the eye glass pouch and change purse in the same pattern. A little matchy-matchy, I know. :thumbsup2

I just returned from Rehoboth Beach, DE and found a store called "Unlimited" on 1st St. and Delaware Ave. that sells all things "Vera". I purchased the "Little Betsy" purse and a wristlet in the "Hot Dahlia" pattern. I already had the eye glass pouch and change purse in the same pattern. A little matchy-matchy, I know. :thumbsup2

I love finding new Vera retailers.

I love my Little Betsy purse in Purple Punch along with the taxi wallet (probably my favorite wallet ever). I know what you mean about being matchy, matchy. I have rolling luggage in Purple Punch (26" expandable upright and 17" travel tote), along with the metropolitian bag (it looks like I can use this as my personal item on the plane), lanyard with zip id case. I had to have everything match for when I go to Disney World in November. When I got my Little Betsy I even had my toe painted purple with little white flowers to match my purple punch purse. Yup, my addiction is pretty bad.

When I first got into Vera I told myself that I didn't need everything to match because I wanted as much diversity in patterns as possible. I later figured out that I could have the best of both worlds; lots of patterns and matching accessories if I just went shopping more :lmao:.

I recently got the Sophie in Deco Daisy. I was debating between this bag and the On the Go because usually I like my bags a bit bigger since I am always carrying so much stuff and the On the Go is larger. I am totally in love with the Sophie. It fits way more than I thought it would. I love the structured look of it. Does anyone else have a Vera purchase they kind of bought by chase with some reservations and fell in love with?

Hi
Have to share with you when buying my latest bag ( tote in happy snails :))
monday the very nice saleslady showed me the colors for winter I remember a very nice pink and also a very nice purple the other 2 , I donT quite remember because they didnt appeal to me .. I just asked her if she knew when they would get out and she said you want a peek ohhh myy I was so happy DH looked at us funny ( he dont quite get the VB mania lol..) and he said to me didnt the new models and colors just came out a few weeks ago??
yes yes dear lol...but a want to know for next season he was like:confused3 too funny ..anyway a very nice pink ( loveeed it) and a nice purple will show up thanks VB

Hi
Have to share with you when buying my latest bag ( tote in happy snails :))
monday the very nice saleslady showed me the colors for winter I remember a very nice pink and also a very nice purple the other 2 , I donT quite remember because they didnt appeal to me .. I just asked her if she knew when they would get out and she said you want a peek ohhh myy I was so happy DH looked at us funny ( he dont quite get the VB mania lol..) and he said to me didnt the new models and colors just came out a few weeks ago??
yes yes dear lol...but a want to know for next season he was like:confused3 too funny ..anyway a very nice pink ( loveeed it) and a nice purple will show up thanks VB

I would guess winter would be out in Sept.-I'm pretty sure that's when it was last year. I saw the sourcebook but didn't even look at the dates!

And I also saw on a blog a picture of the spring 2012 patterns! They always do a preview a couple seasons ahead of time. It just amazes me how fast the colors are coming out these days. I remember when I first got into VB it was just twice a year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter