• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Veranda Dividers

scrappinginontario

Are there some staterooms where the veranda dividers cannot be opened as they are a solid wall? We have recently booked a cruise on the Fantasy with friends and are in staterooms 7564 and 7566. While the rooms are connected by an interior door, is it possible that the verandas might be individual with a full wall between them that cannot be opened? From this picture it appears this may be the case. I'd rather prepare for this in advance rather than be surprised when we board as we'd hoped to be able to open the divider but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't.

upload_2016-10-25_9-36-45.png

Thanks!

Are there some staterooms where the veranda dividers cannot be opened as they are a solid wall? We have recently booked a cruise on the Fantasy with friends and are in staterooms 7564 and 7566. While the rooms are connected by an interior door, is it possible that the verandas might be individual with a full wall between them that cannot be opened? From this picture it appears this may be the case. I'd rather prepare for this in advance rather than be surprised when we board as we'd hoped to be able to open the divider but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't.

That is correct. There are a handful of rooms with veranda dividers on the Fantasy and Dream that are solid metal and cannot be opened. I don't know of anywhere that has a list of all the staterooms that are this way.

When we were on the Fantasy, we had three adjoining rooms. Two of the rooms were connecting (interior door between). The veranda divider on the non-connecting room opened, but there was a solid wall between the verandas of the connecting rooms. However, the solid wall had a small door in it that our room host opened as well. It allowed two people sitting in chairs (one on either side) to see/talk to one another, but not pass back and forth. Our two year old loved going through it, though.

Basically, we could pass between all three rooms without going in the hallway; once through an interior door and to the third room on the veranda.

Our deck 10 verandahs had a solid wall between them, though they were connecting rooms. There *was* an oval-shaped man door between them, but we didn't have them open it.

Thanks everyone. Looks like our room is one of these with the solid wall. It's great to know there is at least a portion that we can ask our room steward to open so that we can visit while on our verandas.

It's nice to be prepared now rather than be surprised later!

7566 and 7564 verandas do connect even with that outer skin panel placement.

All verandas on the sides of the Dream and Fantasy connect except some on deck 10.
Deck 10 has solid balcony partition every other pair of cabins. These structural elements support the deck 11 overhang.
Under the fore and aft bumpout none connect.

You can see the operable divider and the structural ones here. And that small hatch in the inoperable divider.

img_0092.jpg

In the below image you can see the thicker supports under bumpout that prevent veranda connections.
Note this image was taken prior to addition posts being installed to support bumpout.
You may also notice deck 11 larger overhang/glass doesn't exist where the outer skin panels are currently placed, so no need, nor no where to place the thick structural supports. Therefore allowing outer skin located partitions to be operable.

IMGP7859.JPG

This image you can see the thicker supports where the fixed partitions are located every other pair.
Note the thinner supports where the outer skin will be installed on deck 10.

disney-fantasy-cruise-western-caribbean-01.jpg

veranda1.jpg

HTH

Last edited:
Found a pic of an outer skin panel veranda. As you can see the partition is operable.

So in conclusion all verandas connect at the outer skin panel locations. :)

inside2.jpg

The only ones I'm not sure about are the adjoining cat 4e's on deck 5 with curved railings.
This is where the outer skin panel is located too.
There are 6 pair of these uncertain veranda connections. At least in my mind. lol

5158/5156
5046/5044
5034/5032

5658/5656
5546/5544
5534/5532

Anyone know for sure?

20110130_2188.jpg

View attachment 203073

Thanks!

Can I ask when your cruising? We're going in spring and will have two rooms with that partition on our balconies. I'm assured that the balconies do connect and open, but that 2 foot panel is on the outside of the verandah and will obstruct the view of connecting rooms.

Anyway, if you're going before me, I'd love a photo of that center piece. If I go first, I'm planning on reporting back and posting a picture from the balcony.

We cruised on the Dream a year ago and had connecting rooms 7612/7614. These rooms had the "outside skin" between the two balconies as seen in the above photos. We had no problem getting the partition opened between the two balconies. Yes, it blocks the view slightly, but not horribly so. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos.

We cruised on the Dream a year ago and had connecting rooms 7612/7614. These rooms had the "outside skin" between the two balconies as seen in the above photos. We had no problem getting the partition opened between the two balconies. Yes, it blocks the view slightly, but not horribly so. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos.
Were you assigned to the same muster station for both rooms? I wondered if we'd be separated, as that divider (which Disney told my TA has something to do with the fire doors in the hall?????) seems to be a good place to divide muster stations.

Were you assigned to the same muster station for both rooms? I wondered if we'd be separated, as that divider (which Disney told my TA has something to do with the fire doors in the hall?????) seems to be a good place to divide muster stations.

Yes, both rooms were assigned to the same muster station. Not sure about the fire doors correlation. I can't imagine DCL splitting up two connecting rooms between two different muster stations. But I suppose anything is possible.

Thanks. My thought was that the designed the rooms before taking into account the final facade. Apparently, the outside piece runs right up through the ceiling and into the hall. I don't know, that's just what my TA was told by Disney.

Room 10620 on the Fantasy had a left side operable and a right side fixed verandah deck if looking out of the room towards the ocean. That said, 10620 connected in room to the right side, but not the left. So opposite to the verandas connection.

I'm assured that the balconies do connect and open, but that 2 foot panel is on the outside of the verandah, and will obstruct the view of connecting rooms....

That panel only encroaches 14" max into the veranda.

Ouch. That damn outer skin panel. If opposite the couch, it's not that bad.

Should we book a cat T due to the skin? Maybe.

:)

Last edited:
... there was a solid wall between the verandas of the connecting rooms. However, the solid wall had a small door in it that our room host opened as well.

What deck? I will assume it was deck 10. As that is the only deck that lacks lots of veranda connections.
And also has a "small door" in the fixed partitions.

Last edited:
Yes, both rooms were assigned to the same muster station. Not sure about the fire doors correlation. I can't imagine DCL splitting up two connecting rooms between two different muster stations. But I suppose anything is possible.

They well could. It's based on numbers, and not everyone in connecting cabins is traveling together - especially on the Dream class when it seems a LOT harder to find NON-connecting cabins. My guess is there is *probably* more of a possibility that cabins may be in different muster stations on the Classics since connecting doors were added in dry dock.

Of course, Disney does require that there be an adult booked into each cabin, so...that's how they truly CAN put connecting cabins in different muster stations. While they may not care who sleeps where, in the unlikely event of an emergency, each person WOULD be required to go to their assigned muster station no matter where they were sleeping.

They well could. It's based on numbers, and not everyone in connecting cabins is traveling together - especially on the Dream class when it seems a LOT harder to find NON-connecting cabins. My guess is there is *probably* more of a possibility that cabins may be in different muster stations on the Classics since connecting doors were added in dry dock.

Of course, Disney does require that there be an adult booked into each cabin, so...that's how they truly CAN put connecting cabins in different muster stations. While they may not care who sleeps where, in the unlikely event of an emergency, each person WOULD be required to go to their assigned muster station no matter where they were sleeping.

The question was about whether or not the 'skin on the verandah' was associated with the divide for muster stations. My experience was that it was not.

I should have phrased my comment differently - I would hope that DCL would not split up families between two different muster stations IF they're traveling together in connecting rooms. I would be pretty upset if I was traveling in connecting rooms as a family, and we were in two different muster stations during an emergency.

Last edited:
What deck? I will assume it was deck 10. As that is the only deck that lacks lots of veranda connections.
And also has a "small door" in the fixed partitions.

Actually, yes, we were on deck 10. It's good to know not all decks are affected that way. Sounds like we should have booked on deck 9 so all three verandas could have connected!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter