Verizon , looking at new plans.

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We had a 2 year contract. Extreme HD, house phone and internet. Almost $40 in taxes, fees, whatever. Looking at new plan.... tv, phone and internet, less than $9 in taxes, fees, whatever. HUH? Well right now I have a "traditional" plan. I'm now looking at a "mix and match" plan.

But why does one have a boat load of fees and the other doesn't? To me it seems a way to pad the cost. Can anyone explain it to me? And while you are explaining things......ok, we have this tv, that internet and this phone. sound good, ok I'll sign you up. Can I think on it, sure, I'll wait. Meaning you have a good 60 seconds to decide. One person through chat sent me an email but told me it only last 10 mins. I really like to see things in black and white and think on it a bit . Like a week. LOL

We switched from Verizon to T Mobile (we are over 55). They have a few different plans. We pay $90 per month for 2 lines, unlimited data, and got 2 new iphones included (with a trade in of our old phones). The $90 per month includes every tax, fee, etc. They never raise their rates and you aren't locked into a contract. We are very pleased. This is cell phone only.

For internet, we kept Verizon (even though I hate their tactics). T Mobile's internet service has not proven reliable in our area. We are paying about $85 per month (taxes, fees, included). That is guaranteed for 4 years.

We dropped cable and instead subscribe to YouTube TV. That's about $60 per month (got a discount through T Mobile...also got a year of free AAA service also).

We dropped our landline completely.

We also dropped Verizon last July after having been on them since the beginning (both when we were single too). We had always maintained separate plans, as it was just easier that way for work reimbursement.

But we needed new phones, my husband is retired and well over 55 and we switched to T Mobile and got phones too. I am a bit for mine because of the phone I chose and the age of my old one, but very little. The other bonus with T Mobile is their service in Europe and we spend at least a month a year in Italy. With Verizon it was crazy expensive. Like the previous posted said, this rate is locked in.

We are still with Comcast for internet because I work from home and need something super reliable and Comcast really fits the bill in our area. I am thinking about retiring soon and at that time will probably consider other options.

We dropped cable a few years back. We don’t miss it. We have an antenna and switch between streaming services to catch up on series. Also use the library for DVDs so we have plenty to watch and don’t miss cable.
We have Att prepaid for 2 phones $50 + tax a month. Have my daughter on mint mobile for $15 a month.
For internet we have Xfinity for $40 a month.

If you stick to cable you will always have ’fees’ that they tack on even if you get a promo rate. That’s why I dropped it. I haven’t had a home phone in years. Again, don’t miss it. Cell phone is fine.

Thanks to all.

I just hate having to figure all this out every few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter