Verizon TravelPass - Cayman and Castaway

CisforCookie991

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the $10/day Verizon TravelPass will work when the ship is docked in Castaway, and stopped in Cayman, or do we actually have to have feet on the ground? I remember our regular cell plan kicking in while docked but still on the ship in Juneau, but that wasn't sure if that's different because it's domestic.

Verizon travel pass has worked for me on the ship when docked at these places. It has even worked on the ship while we are at sea, while I could barely see Grand Bahama waaaay off in the distance.

Verizon travel pass has worked for me on the ship when docked at these places. It has even worked on the ship while we are at sea, while I could barely see Grand Bahama waaaay off in the distance.
So do you turn off airplane mode once you get within a certain range of the islands?

So do you turn off airplane mode once you get within a certain range of the islands?
The only time I've used Travel Pass was at a resort. After my plane landed, I turned off airplane mode and had to turn roaming on (I usually keep it off). When I didn't want to be charged for another day, I turned roaming off and airplane mode back on just to be safe - learned during a test run that just turning off cellular still allowed texts to come through.

I keep my phone on airplane mode on the ship, but periodically turn it off to see if I can get data from the nearest island. I give it a minute or two, then put it back into airplane mode if my phone doesn’t pick up the data. Then try again later.

Does anyone know if the $10/day Verizon TravelPass will work when the ship is docked in Castaway, and stopped in Cayman, or do we actually have to have feet on the ground? I remember our regular cell plan kicking in while docked but still on the ship in Juneau, but that wasn't sure if that's different because it's domestic.
Works great. I even used my travel pass at Castaway to make my cell phone a hotspot to do a 40 minute zoom meeting while sitting at a table at Cookies BBQ. To each his/her own

Going on our first cruise to Western Caribbean out of NOLA in less than a month. So I have Verizon and can easily get the TravelPass. Does that mean I don't need to get the DCL package when not in port? Read through alot of stuff but my 70 year old brain can't figure it out 😀

Travel pass won't work while you are at sea. You will need to be on ship WiFi to have access to data and WiFi calling. Stay in airplane mode to make sure you aren't getting hit with satellite charges

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter