• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Verizon Wireless...

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
The past two Decembers we have not been able to pick up a signal from MCO all through WDW. We're thinking that Verizon Wireless has to have coverage in WDW, and that is just a problem with our phones for some reason.

Can any other Verizon Wireless customers confirm they've had no problems at WDW?

Thanks

We have Verizon & have sometimes had a problem w/signals, usually @ MCO; DD & I have Nokia's & DH & Grandpa have Motorola's; the Motorola's seem to be better at picking up a signal no matter where we've been. We've used our phones at MK, Epcot, OKW, BWV & BCV; had a sometimes signal w/the Nokia's @ OKW, otherwise, fine.

on your Verizon phones before going. Hit Unlock and then either 1 or 2 can't remeber but this updates your roaming and signal towers. Music will play then I think you will hear something to the fact that your phone has been updated and then the call will end. This seems to help me.

We noticed some problems with getting a signal from WDW this last Sept. We were staying at BCV and could only get a signal from one or two spots in our room or out in the parking lot.
It was almost funny, if you got a signal in the room - don't move or you might loss it.
It got a bit frustrating when we were involved in a small fender bender and had to make a bunch of insurance/rental car related calls.
But, we managed.

I will have to try that thing to update the roaming and signal towers.
Thanks for the tip.

This last Nov, I had no problem anywhere in parks, buses, monorail, resort, using my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter