VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We have been there during a launch... If you're able to catch it, be sure to take a look and enjoy it! It's really amazing to see.

FWIW we saw it from the patio outside the green cabin room. The cast members there were awesome about letting everyone know what was going on.

I think F&B is being hit pretty hard by the closures of inventory during the renovations. Be sure to support them however you can. They are an amazing team of cast members at VB... It is one of our favorite resorts, and we enjoy going there even more than some high end properties outside of Disney we have visited.

Ah yes, that was the one they had closed off for refurbishment when we were there in October. I requested that building but it wasn't available. Maybe next year.
We have now checked out and driven home so I'll mention that our room was 1228. Yes, second floor. A 1BR lock off. The balcony was almost comical as it had a small table with two chairs plus two more chairs which could not be used out there because there just wouldn't be room for them around the table.

Otherwise the room was great. Lots of outlets all around, most of which had USB ports as well. Internet was pretty good.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't great while we were there so no enjoying the beach/pool.

We have now checked out and driven home so I'll mention that our room was 1228. Yes, second floor. A 1BR lock off. The balcony was almost comical as it had a small table with two chairs plus two more chairs which could not be used out there because there just wouldn't be room for them around the table.

Otherwise the room was great. Lots of outlets all around, most of which had USB ports as well. Internet was pretty good.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't great while we were there so no enjoying the beach/pool.
We'll be there tomorrow. Weather is forecasted to be a sub tropical storm. Bringing a good book.

Hi all. We’re staying for a few days in February flying to MCO. I’d rather not get a rental car. Other than Uber/Lyft, what other options are there? Thanks.

Hi all. We’re staying for a few days in February flying to MCO. I’d rather not get a rental car. Other than Uber/Lyft, what other options are there? Thanks.
As noted already, Mears can provide black car service. There is also a shuttle. Here’s one option: https://verobeachtransportation.com/reservations/ .

For us, it’s always been more economical to rent a car.

Are there any pictures of the cabana’s? I hope they will provide more coverage from the sun than the umbrellas…
FYI during the summer time, we thought we’d like to rent a Cabana for enjoying shade and a bed. When I saw them, they looked so nice! However, the CM highly suggested that we steer clear of the cabanas during this time of year as they claimed it did not offer good ventilation and was very often too hot and stuffy. We had never used them, so they recommended we rent umbrella and beach chair combos instead so we did that. Not sure when you are going but thought I’d share our experience just in case!

FYI during the summer time, we thought we’d like to rent a Cabana for enjoying shade and a bed. When I saw them, they looked so nice! However, the CM highly suggested that we steer clear of the cabanas during this time of year as they claimed it did not offer good ventilation and was very often too hot and stuffy. We had never used them, so they recommended we rent umbrella and beach chair combos instead so we did that. Not sure when you are going but thought I’d share our experience just in case!
Thanks. We are arriving on Easter so not sure how hot it will be. We just have someone who burns easily so thought the cabana might be better but had only seen pictures of the umbrellas.

As noted already, Mears can provide black car service. There is also a shuttle. Here’s one option: https://verobeachtransportation.com/reservations/ .

For us, it’s always been more economical to rent a car.
I totally agree. Not only that, you will most likely want a car to explore the area. Unless you are there for a short time (2 days or less) there is nothing really in walking distance to the resort and you might feel the need or have the desire to go out and about.

Hey all, first time using points at VB coming up in 2 weeks. :scared1: I was able to snag it just a couple days ago so not much time to research. It's just for 2 nights for my birthday, hoping to escape the cold and have some warm relaxation. It's a Sunday & Monday night if that matters, just me and hubby. I've spot read a good bit of this thread and have made some notes on things I saw recommended but of course, not sure how much is current so thought I'd go ahead and ask. :)

Would love recommendations on yummy places to eat and things to do - especially in case of bad/cold weather which would break my heart but I know it's possible. Usually I would go to South Beach this time of year but it's just too far for this short trip since we're driving.
I am not a water person but am a sit-on-the-beach-with-a-book person, crossing my fingers for 75 degrees and sun. 😁 Hubby likes water activities but not sure if I can convince him to go off without me.

Oh edited to add - Would love ideas for room requests as well. We have a "deluxe studio".

Really appreciate any tips, tricks, and recommendations. :thanks:

Last edited:
Hey all, first time using points at VB coming up in 2 weeks. :scared1: I was able to snag it just a couple days ago so not much time to research. It's just for 2 nights for my birthday, hoping to escape the cold and have some warm relaxation. It's a Sunday & Monday night if that matters, just me and hubby. I've spot read a good bit of this thread and have made some notes on things I saw recommended but of course, not sure how much is current so thought I'd go ahead and ask. :)

Would love recommendations on yummy places to eat and things to do - especially in case of bad/cold weather which would break my heart but I know it's possible. Usually I would go to South Beach this time of year but it's just too far for this short trip since we're driving.
I am not a water person but am a sit-on-the-beach-with-a-book person, crossing my fingers for 75 degrees and sun. 😁 Hubby likes water activities but not sure if I can convince him to go off without me.

Oh edited to add - Would love ideas for room requests as well. We have a "deluxe studio".

Really appreciate any tips, tricks, and recommendations. :thanks:
We love Ocean Grill, up scale, and Waldo's for a more funky laid back place. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter