VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

My husband and I are doing a Disney cruise sans-kids in June. It’ll be our first just the two of us since our honeymoon!

We also haven’t been to Vero Beach in about ten years, and only with the kids. I’ve been pining for a relaxing “sit on a beach and read a book” mini-vacation for a while, and after hearing about some of the turtle watching activities in the morning in June, decided a couple days at Vero Beach before flying home would be perfect (the cruise is out of FLL).

Originally I managed to snag an Ocean View Inn Room for 3 nights post-cruise, which seemed perfect. I really want an ocean view.

However, randomly checking one day, I saw the Cottage pop up for the 2 nights post cruise and snatched it up on a whim.

Is the cottage as amazing as it seems? Is it worth the extra points? Is it crazy to book it if it’s just the two of us? (We’ve been debating inviting his sister and family who live in FL to join us if we keep the cottage but that does negate the “quiet and relaxing” part if we do. But we’ll have plenty of relaxation time on the cruise.)

What would you do??

I’m tempted to live it up, since it’ll be just the two of us, and we’re hoping this will also be a huge celebration for us, too (June will be one year post-chemo treatments for his cancer). And we do have the points…

Last edited:
My husband and I are doing a Disney cruise sans-kids in June. It’ll be our first just the two of us since our honeymoon!

We also haven’t been to Vero Beach in about ten years, and only with the kids. I’ve been pining for a relaxing “sit on a beach and read a book” mini-vacation for a while, and after hearing about some of the turtle watching activities in the morning in June, decided a couple days at Vero Beaxh before flying home would be perfect (the cruise is out of FLL).

Originally I managed to snag an Ocean View Inn Room for 3 nights post-cruise, which seemed perfect. I really want an ocean view.

However, randomly checking one day, I saw the Cottage pop up for the 2 nights post cruise and snatched it up on a whim.

Is the cottage as amazing as it seems? Is it worth the extra points? Is it crazy to book it if it’s just the two of us? (We’ve been debating inviting his sister and family who live in FL to join us if we keep the cottage but that does negate the “quiet and relaxing” part if we do. But we’ll have plenty of relaxation time on the cruise.)

What would you do??

I’m tempted to live it up, since it’ll be just the two of us, and we’re hoping this will also be a huge celebration for us, too (June will be one year post-chemo treatments for his cancer). And we do have the points…
I’ve stayed in an OVIR, and the view was amazing, but I’d keep the cottage just for the two of you, especially for your first no-kids vacation. More space, better seating indoors for when you don’t want to sit on the beach, a kitchen for snacks and light meals (breakfast in your pajamas!) - definitely keep it for yourselves!

We also haven’t been to Vero Beach in about ten years, and only with the kids. I’ve been pining for a relaxing “sit on a beach and read a book” mini-vacation for a while, and after hearing about some of the turtle watching activities in the morning in June, decided a couple days at Vero Beaxh before flying home would be perfect (the cruise is out of FLL).

What would you do??

I would not do the cottage for 2 people. There will just be rooms that you will not use. Not all of the cottages even have views due to the landscaping. We were in one once where you had to stand on tip toe in the left corner of the balcony to see a small hint of blue ocean. Also, if you have a short stay you are likely to get the ada cottage. If you need an Ada room, maybe think about the cottage. But the prospect of that Ada room, which we have been assigned, makes me never want to book the cottage again. It is a particularly awful ada set up and ruins the cottage for someone who does not need very specific ada concerns addressed.

The ocean view rooms in the inn on the other hand are the best rooms on property. The only drawback is that you do not have a kitchen. I do not find this a big deal for a short beach stay but others might.

Enjoy your cruise and Vero stay!

I would not do the cottage for 2 people. There will just be rooms that you will not use. Not all of the cottages even have views due to the landscaping. We were in one once where you had to stand on tip toe in the left corner of the balcony to see a small hint of blue ocean. Also, if you have a short stay you are likely to get the ada cottage. If you need an Ada room, maybe think about the cottage. But the prospect of that Ada room, which we have been assigned, makes me never want to book the cottage again. It is a particularly awful ada set up and ruins the cottage for someone who does not need very specific ada concerns addressed.

The ocean view rooms in the inn on the other hand are the best rooms on property. The only drawback is that you do not have a kitchen. I do not find this a big deal for a short beach stay but others might.

Enjoy your cruise and Vero stay!
How many cottages don't have view vs those that do?
I'm going to see if I can find a video of the ADA room. We'll likely only be there for 2 nights (I had booked 2 on the inn because our flight was late in the evening, so I wanted a room for the day time), and we don't NEED the space... just like the idea of spoiling ourselves, but not if it likely means we won't see the ocean from the cottage deck.

How many cottages don't have view vs those that do?
I'm going to see if I can find a video of the ADA room. We'll likely only be there for 2 nights (I had booked 2 on the inn because our flight was late in the evening, so I wanted a room for the day time), and we don't NEED the space... just like the idea of spoiling ourselves, but not if it likely means we won't see the ocean from the cottage deck.
I am not sure how many. I just tried to find some photos on my phone of the cottages from the beach and I can’t find them. I am the worst with tech. If I am remembering correctly, I’d say that there are two where you would be annoyed about the “view.” There are only 6 total. There are a couple that have amazing views.

Does Walmart+ deliver groceries at VB? If they did, would you have to meet them in the lobby? Thanks

Just got this from Vero Beach. I am pretty bummed out to hear this as we booked specifically to sit on the beach.
:

February 2024​
Dear Guest,​
Welcome home!​
We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Vero Beach Resort!

In effort to protect our beautiful Florida coast, we would like to inform you of a recently approved dune renourishment project that will be taking place during your stay.

The project will impact the beach directly adjacent to our Resort. The dune renourishment project is intended to repair the hurricane effects of beach sand displacement and ensure the shoreline remains healthy. For your safety, access to the beach will be unavailable beginning February 8th while the county performs this important work. You may also hear construction noise and observe the presence of workers. We apologize for any inconvenience.

During this time, Vero Beach Feature Pool will be available for your enjoyment. You may also choose to hop on a bike from Eb & Flo’s Rentals or cook up a tasty treat at the barbecue grills. In addition, we invite you to enjoy other local beaches from 7:00am to 6:00pm with transportation provided for your convenience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.​
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.​
General Manager Grace Fernandez and the team at Disney's Vero Beach Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Just got this from Vero Beach. I am pretty bummed out to hear this as we booked specifically to sit on the beach.
:

February 2024​

Dear Guest,​

Welcome home!​

In effort to protect our beautiful Florida coast, we would like to inform you of a recently approved dune renourishment project that will be taking place during your stay.

The project will impact the beach directly adjacent to our Resort. The dune renourishment project is intended to repair the hurricane effects of beach sand displacement and ensure the shoreline remains healthy. For your safety, access to the beach will be unavailable beginning February 8th while the county performs this important work. You may also hear construction noise and observe the presence of workers. We apologize for any inconvenience.

During this time, Vero Beach Feature Pool will be available for your enjoyment. You may also choose to hop on a bike from Eb & Flo’s Rentals or cook up a tasty treat at the barbecue grills. In addition, we invite you to enjoy other local beaches from 7:00am to 6:00pm with transportation provided for your convenience.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.​

For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.​

General Manager Grace Fernandez and the team at Disney's Vero Beach Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

We enjoyed walking the beach at VB, so I’m sorry you won’t be able to do that. Hopefully you’ll be able to take advantage of the transportation to other beaches.

:

February 2024​

Dear Guest,​

Welcome home!​

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

:

February 2024​

Dear Guest,​

Welcome home!​

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

That’s insane
And shouldn’t they have notified you earlier? Obviously, the county didn’t just announce this.

That’s insane
And shouldn’t they have notified you earlier? Obviously, the county didn’t just announce this.
Yeah, that's what makes me mad. Here I have had this booked for about 7 months or so and I am just hearing this. I have half a mind to call DVC and see if they can do anything for me.

Just contacted DVC. I was told that beach replenishment is starting on Feb 8th and expected to last 1 month till March 8th. That sounds a lot more reasonable than April 30th.😁

Last edited:
Just contacted DVC. I was told that beach replenishment is starting on March 8th and expected to last 1 month till March 8th. That sounds a lot more reasonable than April 30th.😁
Wow one day to get It all done!! Yes I know you meant February 8th until March 8th. :)

:

February 2024​

Dear Guest,​

Welcome home!​

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

They should be offering some sort of shuttle service for guests to another beach (like HHI does to their Beach House property.) Not their fault but still as a resort guest to a beach front property not to have beach access is a huge let down a few days before check in! If you drive and have to pay for parking, that’s just an added expense. What a bummer.

They should be offering some sort of shuttle service for guests to another beach (like HHI does to their Beach House property.) Not their fault but still as a resort guest to a beach front property not to have beach access is a huge let down a few days before check in! If you drive and have to pay for parking, that’s just an added expense. What a bummer.
The announcement says

In addition, we invite you to enjoy other local beaches from 7:00am to 6:00pm with transportation provided for your convenience.

So seems to me they are doing what they can.

The announcement says

In addition, we invite you to enjoy other local beaches from 7:00am to 6:00pm with transportation provided for your convenience.

So seems to me they are doing what they can.
Yeah I can read. I saw that. I am simply saying that there is a difference between walking out your hotel room, going to the beach, coming up from the beach and going to have lunch versus taking a shuttle bus with all your crap to another beach, then having to wait for the shuttle to come get you etc....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter