VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Yeah I can read. I saw that. I am simply saying that there is a difference between walking out your hotel room, going to the beach, coming up from the beach and going to have lunch versus taking a shuttle bus with all your crap to another beach, then having to wait for the shuttle to come get you etc....
We all agree with you. @CarolynFH is just pointing out that Disney is trying to do their best to help their guests overcome an inconvenience that is not been created by them but the city.

Disney certainly doesn’t have to shuttle guests to another beach but they are.

I’m not sure how many other companies would do the same.

Yeah I can read. I saw that. I am simply saying that there is a difference between walking out your hotel room, going to the beach, coming up from the beach and going to have lunch versus taking a shuttle bus with all your crap to another beach, then having to wait for the shuttle to come get you etc....
Agreed. For those affected, these plans have been in the works for awhile.
For those with reservations between Feb 8th and March8th, they should be offered opportunity to cancel without going into holding If they wish.

Agreed. For those affected, these plans have been in the works for awhile.
For those with reservations between Feb 8th and March8th, they should be offered opportunity to cancel without going into holding If they wish.
That would certainly be nice of them and I'm all for that.

It will still affect those with a March (if staying if Feb) or April use year if they had borrowed or were using banked points and I don't know how they would handle that.

Certainly Vero knows about the beach refurbishment but I don't know if DVC actually knows about this or not.

The website mentions no issue with the beach.
Since there are still rooms available between Feb 8 - March 8 it should certainly be updated again if DVC actually does know.

If DVC does know then that is just wrong that they are allowing people to make reservations with no warning about the beach.

If DVC does not know do they not check with the managers of the resorts?
I would think there would be at minimum a weekly call to address any upcoming changes and concerns about resorts but what do I know.

1707321500197.png

Maybe I’m more accepting of VB doing the best they can because where I live, it’s not unusual for the local government to close roads or otherwise restrict access to public places at very short notice. Yes, they’ll announce in advance that they’re going to work on this or that long stretch, but the specifics of when a given smaller segment will be affected can come as a surprise.

I called to ask if I cancel, will my points go into holding and they said yes. I got this notice last week for a trip that is next weekend.

Maybe I’m more accepting of VB doing the best they can because where I live, it’s not unusual for the local government to close roads or otherwise restrict access to public places at very short notice. Yes, they’ll announce in advance that they’re going to work on this or that long stretch, but the specifics of when a given smaller segment will be affected can come as a surprise.
yeah, but you didn't just blast through a majority of your points for a beach vacation with
no beach.

yeah, but you didn't just blast through a majority of your points for a beach vacation with
no beach.
You’re right, I didn’t, and I’m sorry your vacation won’t be as you envisioned. But I think VB is doing the best they can by providing transportation to other local beaches, and I hope you won’t take your anger out on the staff there.

You’re right, I didn’t, and I’m sorry your vacation won’t be as you envisioned. But I think VB is doing the best they can by providing transportation to other local beaches, and I hope you won’t take your anger out on the staff there.
hard disagree. And I am also not a Karen. I don't blame workers for things that are not their fault.

hard disagree. And I am also not a Karen. I don't blame workers for things that are not their fault.
I think your issue is more with DVC than it is the Vero Beach resort.

I agree that your points shouldn't go into holding over this. Not sure if it is too late to add the insurance but that only covers the dues of your points.

I agree with @CarolynFH and believe VB is doing everything they can to accommodate their guests.

Opening the pool before the refurb is complete and transporting to other beaches.

Have you seen the great pictures that @JGM provided us?

1707397405207.png

again, the issue is that they let me know that there was a problem with the beach a week before our trip and I booked this 7 months ago. At this point the other option is to pay cash to stay somewhere with a beach and have all my points go into holding or just go. We are gonna do the latter. This is an annual trip for Spring Training so we can't change the dates either.

again, the issue is that they let me know that there was a problem with the beach a week before our trip and I booked this 7 months ago. At this point the other option is to pay cash to stay somewhere with a beach and have all my points go into holding or just go. We are gonna do the latter. This is an annual trip for Spring Training so we can't change the dates either.
I don't think they should go into holding but that's just my opinion. I've always thought that DVC was good about granting one time exceptions. Let us know what happens if you call back.

We are there now.
You can get on the beach.
It appears that the lounge and umbrella rental is operating. The beach is not in good shape but the work has not started.
The pool is open but scaffolding is around the slide still.
No mention of shuttle service to other beaches from the cast members.

there is now language on the DVC Website:
Indian River County will be conducting a beach renourishment project beginning Feb. 8. The beach will remain closed while the county performs this important work. The Vero Beach Feature Pool will be available, and transportation will be provided for guests to experience other local beaches from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. We apologies for any inconvenience.

From what I can see, this language does not appear on the Vero Beach Disney Beach Resorts (cash bookings) website, at least in the bit of poking around I did. To be fair, I didn't go all the way through checkout.

We’re arriving next week and have yet to get this email. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I don’t know if there is an email.

DVC changed the site when you go to book.

It used to say the pools and slides were down for refreshment.
1707697352875.png

Now it states pool is available and no mention of the scaffolding around the slide.

1707697475076.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter