Vero Beach Pool Reno

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
We’ve been loving late February- March visits for a few years now…when we were there 2023, we were told pool, hot tubs, and mini golf area were all being renovated January- March 2024. This was also listed on DVC website at the time.
Now it’s not listed on website, a call to Member Services says they have no renovations listed, but a call to resort says yes, renovations are happening then.
UGH…would love to plan our annual trip but not if these extensive renovations are happening…
Any insights???

Thats on the Booking Site :

From October 2023 through January 2024, Guest rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort will undergo refurbishment.

While you may see or hear construction during daytime hours—typically from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM—Disney Vacation Club Members and Guests will not be placed in or next to Guest rooms that are being refurbished.

From January 8, 2024 to late March 2024, the Vero Beach feature pool and Pirate’s Plunge Pool Slide will be closed for refurbishment. The Tiger Lily Wet Play Area, Port Holes Miniature Golf and whirlpool spa will also be closed while the pool is being refurbished. We apologize for any inconvenience. During this time, you may see and hear refurbishment work during daytime hours, typically from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

I was not sure if I wanted to book soon since our 7 month window opens up. I think I will go forward and hope for good weather :)

I doubt it, but I really wish they would do an extensive renovation and expansion of the pool area.... it is too small for the resort. I can't imagine what a phase 2 would have looked like unless they planned to add one or two more pools...

then again, I'm not sure phase 2 was ever really a serious plan... More like a "wouldn't this be nice" is my hunch.

then again, I'm not sure phase 2 was ever really a serious plan... More like a "wouldn't this be nice" is my hunch.
It was serious enough for them to have the land and a site plan and to include the additional facilities in the legal documents, such that when phase 2 was cancelled, people who had already purchased were entitled to subsidized dues.

It was serious enough for them to have the land and a site plan and to include the additional facilities in the legal documents, such that when phase 2 was cancelled, people who had already purchased were entitled to subsidized dues.
Yes, I understand all of that, perhaps I mean not serious in the sense it seems to have not been well conceived - especially by building all the "best property" first. To my knowledge points charts were never shared for the second half of the resort, etc.

Both VB and HHI were marred by site selection problems. Nobody heard of zero beach, and with how far north the VB location is from restaurants, etc. it must have been a real struggle to convince people to buy in - especially pre Uber eats. HHI ended up not able to build the units on the ocean it wanted, and got stuck with a single clubhouse on the ocean. I personally wish they had gotten the Colorado and NYC locations done before disney pulled the plug, but given the "failures", it isn't surprising they did.

I'm so glad these two are in the system, but I do worry about post 2042 what happens to them...

I personally wish they had gotten the Colorado and NYC locations done before disney pulled the plug,
Did they have land for Colorado and NYC? I believe Marriott Newport Coast Villas and the Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France were both initially slated for DVC and later sold off to Marriott.

Did they have land for Colorado and NYC? I believe Marriott Newport Coast Villas and the Marriott Village d'Ile-de-France were both initially slated for DVC and later sold off to Marriott.
My understanding was they had land in Colorado and NYC.

They had Newport, then claimed it was too expensive to build it, so they sold the land. Then Marriott built on the land, so I never really understood that.

I had not heard that the France property was ever owned by DVC specifically, or that it was ever announced to be a DVC.

We cancelled our late January VB stay. Very disappointed that the pool was going to be closed. Luckily we were able to switch to WDW!

We had to cancel but not for the pool closure. We knew it would be closed. We have friends who snowbird there. Due to DH's diagnosis and surgery next week, not sure what we are facing.

I had three reservations back to back (Vero first/two Disney - studio moving to a 2 BDR with my DD).

We had to cancel but not for the pool closure. We knew it would be closed. We have friends who snowbird there. Due to DH's diagnosis and surgery next week, not sure what we are facing.

I had three reservations back to back (Vero first/two Disney - studio moving to a 2 BDR with my DD).
Best wishes for your DH and for you and the rest of your family, for a positive outcome.

Sorry to read this. Truly hope that your DH gets better.:flower3:

Not sure how accurate the info is, but on the DVC booking site the pool reno timeline for completion is listed as mid Feb now. The Disney Vero Beach site still lists late March though... We have a 3 night stay booked for mid March, so fingers crossed the DVC site is correct and everything will be done.

We will be there mid March as well. I really need that pool to be done by then!! PLEASE!!! 🕶

One of these days I'll use that pool when we go there, maybe even go to the beach as well.

Last edited:
Anyone have solid info on a new timeline for the pool reno? Mid Feb or late March?

It's encouraging to hear that the DVC Site now says mid Feb from mbasso but worrying that the Vero Beach Resort official site still says late March.

Also encouraged by this article that supports the reno timeline was shortened to mid Feb. (wouldn't let me attach link for orlandoparksnewsdotcom dated Nov 30 - "2024 Refurbishment of Disney's Vero Beach Resort Feature Pool to Be Shorter Than Originally Planned")

But would be nice to have it all confirmed by someone.

Also going mid-March and although we booked knowing the renos were happening and were OK with it, now that it seems like there is a possibility to be open early is very exciting and would be awesome to be able to confirm it.

Anyone have solid info on a new timeline for the pool reno? Mid Feb or late March?

It's encouraging to hear that the DVC Site now says mid Feb from mbasso but worrying that the Vero Beach Resort official site still says late March.

Also encouraged by this article that supports the reno timeline was shortened to mid Feb. (wouldn't let me attach link for orlandoparksnewsdotcom dated Nov 30 - "2024 Refurbishment of Disney's Vero Beach Resort Feature Pool to Be Shorter Than Originally Planned")

But would be nice to have it all confirmed by someone.

Also going mid-March and although we booked knowing the renos were happening and were OK with it, now that it seems like there is a possibility to be open early is very exciting and would be awesome to be able to confirm it.
Have you tried calling the resort? See what they say. I'm sure it will be non-committal but they may give you a "we expect.."

Have you tried calling the resort? See what they say. I'm sure it will be non-committal but they may give you a "we expect.."
I just called right now :). Good news, the person I spoke with from the resort confirmed mid Feb the pool renovation will be done! She was aware that the Vero Beach Resort site incorrectly states late March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter