• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VERO BEACH RESORT QUESTIONS

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Hi everyone. We are thinking of trying to book Vero Beach Resort at our 7 month window. We've never been there so I am hoping some of you can share your thoughts and opinions on the resort itself and what there is to do nearby.
We are hoping for October of this year. Thank you for any info you can provide. Dee

Hi everyone. We are thinking of trying to book Vero Beach Resort at our 7 month window. We've never been there so I am hoping some of you can share your thoughts and opinions on the resort itself and what there is to do nearby.
We are hoping for October of this year. Thank you for any info you can provide. Dee
I've stayed there multiple times. There are some really fun restaurants in Sebastian.

VB is very isolated. This may be perfect for you if you are trying to get away from it all. If you like bustle of WDW, not so much.

You have to drive 10-20 minutes to restaurants, grocery, shopping, etc. In the town proper (on mainland) is McKee Botanical Gardens which we enjoy. At the north end of the island is Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge for a couple of hours of walking. I recall a very nice community theatre in the past. Don't know if it is still active.

On campus is a nice sized pool, a mini-golf course, grassy areas for corn-hole, horseshoes, hammock. Across the highway (walking underpass) is a small pond. In the past you could walk around it to a bbq area near the back. When we were there in January, there was some bull-dozing work going on so not sure status. Also some sports courts over there. You can rent bikes to ride on A1A or the Jungle Trail which is (mostly) along the Indian River. I did a kayak tour that i really enjoyed. If there is a southern launch from Cape Canaveral while you are there, you may see or hear it. That's also a nice place to visit.

I have not been overly impressed with resort restaurant in the past but didn't eat there in January. Small food shop by pool was ok for snack or sweets.

Beach is narrow and waves break pretty hard but its nice to walk on.

All the people seemed very nice and friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter