Vero Beach with no beach??

88golf88

DisneyKid@27
We have a 2 night stay booked are Vero in a few weeks before our cruise out of PC. We booked it to enjoy a few days of relaxation before we set sail...but we received an e-mail from DVC letting us know that beach access is going to be shut off from 1/6-end of January for maintenance work...dredging the beach area. Obviously quite disappointed, but looking for suggestions to keep 3 kids under 8 entertained?? I know we can use their pool/putt putt at the resort, but any other local attractions that may be fun?? We’ve been members for 10 years and have stayed everywhere but Vero, so any thoughts/suggestions would be welcomed!

Sebastian Inlet State Park is close by. Brevard Zoo is a bit of a drive, but might be an option. The beach gets smaller it seems, every year. The last time we were there, the sand blocked the stairs and there was no way to actually get to the beach. Have fun!

There is other beach access along the coast up and down highway A1A as well as activities already mentioned. Really depends on wether you have transpotation and how far your willing to drive. There is a tresure museum in Sebastian FL not terribly far from the Inlet state park already mentioned.

I dont know how far the beach work is. Is it just the disney area or further too? But just to the north of the resort is public access to the public portion of the beach. Would require you walking out the front door of resort, and then walking to the right on the side walk to the public beach area (route 510 - Wabasso Beach Park). Very close and walkable. I dont know if chair and umbrellas are rented there or not. I would think they are, but not sure. there is a pizza and sub shop there too to a lunch.

the pool area too alway seems to have something going on with the staff. Seems more games etc.. that other resorts.

There are so many activities there for kids. When you check in you’ll be given an activities sheet, kept my kids occupied for a week!

Vero has a kids club too, called 2DC it's a fun time, with games, and they feed them dinner, so you can have time to yourselves. used to be from 5-9 if memory serves. It's been a while.

I wouldn't be terribly worried about the no beach thing, especially in Jan. The pool and all the kids activities are super cool.

The beach there is (IMO) not great anyway...narrow and can have rough waves. And, January can be cool even though it's Florida. The pool is great and you can rent bikes and follow the River trail. As others have mentioned there are lots of resort activities for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter