Vero maintenence verses Hilton Head

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Wwhy is there such a difference in the maintenence dues for Vero and Hilton Head? They both have beach property. I have not been to HH, is the beach area smaller?

From what I have heard, HH has two pools, more activities, fireworks on Tuesdays, ect.

Any input?

Tigger

It's a $.65 difference. I'm not positive without looking at the budget breakout from each (and I don't get HHI) but off the top I'd guess that property tax in Vero is more than in HHI. The 2001 property tax portion of Vero dues is $.49 per point. Anyone have the figure for HHI? They are also running the hotel portion at Vero which might be more expensive than the regular villa setup (once again, I'm not sure.) It may also be that overall Vero is smaller and/or has sold fewer units than HHI, meaning the costs are divided among fewer members. For 2001, dues were divided among 91 homes at Vero. Another question for HHI owners...how many homes are used to figure the dues?

Just a guess as to some of the differences.

Thanks Cherimoya! Well, that's 40% of the difference. Anybody have some other thoughts or comparison info?

It may have more to do with the fact that Vero is all beachfront, while HH has a beach house, but the villas are located 2 mi. from the beach. That's just cheaper property. Also, there is a much shorter season for HH, which may have a little to do with lower fees. Longer season, higher rental fees for surrounding property, and higher property values.

Just some ideas.

HH is located on an 11 acre island in Broad Creek at Shelter Cove Harbour on Hilton Head Island. It is just over a mile to the beach house, which sits on 3 acres of beachfront property.

Since the season is different at HH than other DVC resorts and the vegetation and landscaping is certainly different, there may be lower grounds maintenance costs than at VB. (Grounds maintenance is outsourced at HH)

I will also speculate that the labor costs may be a little different than at VB- just due to the dynamics of the area.

The HH resort has a total of 102 villas and no interior hallway areas. There is no full service restaurant- only 2 counter service dining choices - which have limited hours.

I suspect that a close examination of the dues statement would clearly show the differences.

The HH resort has a total of 102 villas and no interior hallway areas. There is no full service restaurant- only 2 counter service dining choices - which have limited hours.

I'm guessing that probably is the difference right there.

Barring doing a line by line budget comparison....we can at least look at the Operating and the Capital dues costs since we've already done the Taxes.

For Vero -- Operating is $2.9307 and Capital is $.5535

we can at least look at the Operating and the Capital dues costs since we've already done the Taxes.

At HH, Operating Budget is $2.5468

Capital Reserve is $0.5482

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter