Vero was chilly... SSR wasn't much warmer!

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Quick Solo trip to use some DVC points Feb 28 - March 5. Started off at Vero for 3 nights. Top floor Oceanview Inn room. Quiet with a beautiful view.. A little too cool to enjoy the balcony though. Ran daily along the beach ... Saw the rocket launch at Cape Canaveral while running.
1st turtle nest of the season was flagged while I was there. Kids were the only ones enjoying the pool but no one braved the waterslide.
It's a beautiful resort... Very different from the WDW ones. Loved the constant sound of the ocean even with the balcony door shut.
Moved to SSR for 2 nights. Was given a 2nd floor room next to Paddock pool with both a water view and a pool view. It's my favourite spot as you have the pool plus an easy walk across the bridge to the Springs and the main building. Pool was quiet due to cool weather but YA staff were still out there doing pool activities and games most of the day!
Took boat to DTD and then to PO for lunch 2x
They have the best selection for quick service meals and I LOVE the Magic Bars. :)
All in all very relaxing but very cool in terms of temps!
Luckily I'm going back with my 2 little boys in May!!

Haven't stayed at SSR, so I can't comment. But we stayed at Vero for the first time last week, just for a night. I totally agree with you on the wonderful sound of the ocean. We had a garden view, and could still see and hear the ocean. It's so nice to have non-Orlando options when the mood strikes. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, even if it was chilly!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter