Very confusing ticket question

allymouse

Mouseketeer
I have a bit of a complicated ticket question to ask. Or maybe it’s just complicated to me! Apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong place.

I’m going to be staying off property for 1 week, and then on property for 3 days at the Poly.

During our 1 week off property stay we will visit the parks twice. For the Poly stay we will visit twice.

Hubby and I each have a comped 1 day hopper ticket from Disney from the 2016 hurricane that cut our trip short. That’s already in our MDE account.

I need to buy 3 more days of tickets. We will buy single park tickets. I want to use the hopper that’s already uploaded for the Poly stay.

How do I tell Disney which ticket to use on what day? Meaning, the first visit when we are off property will just be at Epcot, the second visit will just be at Magic Kingdom. And when we stay on property we will do 1 day at just MK and then I’ll use the comped hopper for a HS and Epcot day.

And then...

How will this work with booking Fastpasses? 60 vs 30 days? If I have all the tickets uploaded in MDE I’m assuming I will be able to book at 60 days for the days we are off property and 30 for the ones we are on property.

Sorry this is confusing, I appreciate the help. Thank you!

For multiple tickets, I believe you can set the priority, though it may require a stop at Guest Services or a phone call to do. Assuming you have valid park admission you should be able to book up to your maximum number of days worth of FPs at 60 days out from your Poly check in date. 30 days before your offsite days they will become available.

Matt

Have you asked about upgrading your comp ticket? Sometimes you can, sometimes you can’t with comp tickets. But it’s probably worth a call to Disney to make sure, as it could save money to just upgrade the 1-day hopper to a 4 day hopper, versus buying a new e-day single park ticket.

About the fastpass window, it’s a little tricky, but it should work like this in your particular scenario. I did something similar a few years ago, and I don’t think the yo day rolling window has changed since then, but I’m sure someone can correct me if I’ve got it wrong. 60 days from your first day onsite, you should be able to make fast passes for all your days (your two earlier offsite days, and your two onsite days). Your offsite days will be available because they are before your onsite stay and the rolling 60 days just catches them in there. Your onsite days are all available then because you can make onsite FP reservations for whole stay on 60 days before the first day of the stay.

Have a great trip.

Is your DHS/EP going to be your last park day? If so, simply go to the Guest Services window outside of the first park you visit and ask them to prioritize your tickets so your 3-day base ticket is used first. You will then use that ticket for your first three park days - EP, MK and MK. Your PH will then be pulled on your last park day for EP/DHS. If you are doing that PH day in between your base-ticket park days, you are going to have to prioritize the tickets a few times - prioritize them before your first park entry and then prioritize them again when you want to do your PH day.

You can make FP+ for your offsite stay 30 days prior to your park days and FP+ for your Poly stay 60 days prior to check-in.

Really? I thought the 60 day window 60+10 forward?

Matt

They've always been 60+length-of-stay with rolling day-by-day forward for me. I've never been able to make FP+ for days prior to the resort check-in at the 60 day mark.

As others have said Guest Services can help you out with making sure the right ticket it used for the right days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter