VERY late check-in

gregsbrat

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives into Orlando @ 11:30 PM, so I don't anticipate checking into WL until @ 2AM...my concern is that I will be stuck with the bottom of the barrel as far as room assignments are concerned...is there anyone there who has had a similar situation and what you did to prevent such a situation ahead of time?? TIA

Well even if they do you can always ask to move once a room becomes available. Unfortunately you may not get your requests as they usually try to accomondate people throughout the day. But depending on what day you arrive maybe you will have first choice. There really is no way to predict it. just put in your requests and hope for luck. My October trip we arrived after midnight and they tried to put us in a undesirable place not fufilling any of my requests. I stood my ground and voila they put us in a great room in the area I wanted.
Good luck!:goodvibes

We arrived at CSR at 2am. We were put in the Ranchos section near the big pool. Since my 1st request was to be put near the pool, it was great.

I believe the room is assigned a day or 2 before you arrive. The only way they'd switch you at that point is if someone who arrived earlier asked for the same type of room and another wasn't available.

I wouldn't worry about it since there's nothing you can do. At 2am, I know I just wanted a room, any room so I could get some sleep.
If you don't like the room, you could always ask to be moved.

Once when we arrived at WL after midnight (drove straight through from NJ), we received a comp. upgrade to CL. So you never know.

We arrived at the WL at 1am and got upgraded to a courtyard view.

We arrived at 1:30am and had a room I was very unhappy with. I simply refused it and they said that was all they had till tomorrow. We took the room for the night and changed rooms the next day. The 1/2 hour it took to change rooms was worth the inconvenience of having the very bad location for an entire week.

I'm sure they were not thrilled with me but they had no issues changing our room and were nice about it.

We arrived at 1:30am and had a room I was very unhappy with. I simply refused it and they said that was all they had till tomorrow. We took the room for the night and changed rooms the next day. The 1/2 hour it took to change rooms was worth the inconvenience of having the very bad location for an entire week.

I'm sure they were not thrilled with me but they had no issues changing our room and were nice about it.

Similar experience. We were given the worst possible room. I had even called the day of letting them know how late the plane was and to please hold the room. When we arrived they just told us they could not change rooms because of computers being down for the night.
We did change the next day. (They offered to move our luggage so we could get to the parks. They threw out ALL of the food we had in our fridge, though.:confused:)
I now book the earliest possible flight, lesson learned.

Similar experience. We were given the worst possible room. I had even called the day of letting them know how late the plane was and to please hold the room. When we arrived they just told us they could not change rooms because of computers being down for the night.
We did change the next day. (They offered to move our luggage so we could get to the parks. They threw out ALL of the food we had in our fridge, though.:confused:)
I now book the earliest possible flight, lesson learned.

We suffered this exact experience at 2:30 in the morning. Although we are DVC members and used points for a BW view we were put in the last room in the wing(not what we booked) overlooking the dumpster to Jellyrolls. It was beyond words. Computers down and no possibility of a move. After a phone meltdown with the front desk and finally getting 4 hours sleep....guess what happened? The garbage truck came to empty every one of the hundreds of beer bottles in that dumpster! LOL No worries. I was compensated for our frightful experience.

Hiya guys I am a massive disney freak and my amazing partner has booked us into the AKL for 7 nights nov2011. I've been on chemo all this year and its my treat for getting through it! The prob is mikes running the New York marathon the day we go to disney, we are getting a late flight down to orlando and i'm hoping to get to disney at around 11.30pm. I was just wondering if it would be better to do the online check in to get what we want room wise. We have only booked a standard view room so was hoping either a sneaky free upgrade or a room thats not miles away for my little ones legs!!

thanks guys (by the way your all great you know everything!!)

P.S I know i've got over a year till we go but I'm sooooo excited!!!:rotfl:

When we arrived about 1am at the Poly, we got upgraded from garden view to lagoon view CL, so maybe you will get lucky :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter