Very Little Reservations Choices

OKWDVCMagic

DIS Veteran
We are going the 2nd week of December and I started looking at reservations at the 60 day window and most of the park restaurants were booked and the only restaurants that seemed to be available were Downtown Disney.

I checked everyday and the only available restaurants are the same restaurants such as STK, Shula's, Ragland Road, Skipper Canteen, Ale and Compass, etc. I booked dinner reservations at these small select restaurants for each night just to have a reservation. I tried calling for a one of the 50th Special events dining and the wait at 8am was over 2 hours. I hung up.

At this point, I am looking at going off property since none of my dining ressies were on my list to try or go back for another dinner. Also, I am not looking forward to be tethered to phone to be checking for mobile ordering. Between mobile ordering, Genie + and checking for available same day reservations, I will spend more time on my phone at the WDW then I do at work. This trip is not looking to be a relaxing "get away from the tech" kind of trip.

Just saying.

Keep trying for restaurants on property. Some might open up and others they might be holding for various events but release once they get closer. Also try off times. If you don’t mind holding out until 7:35 or don’t mind eating at 4:30 it can help you out

Try some of the third party reservation finder websites. They can alert you if a reservation pops up for a restaurant you want for a specific date/time range. Some are free and it is the fastest fingers wins the reservation, but it gives you some advantage. Best of luck!

I have a short trip planned the second weekend in December and have been checking reservations for 12/10 and 12/11 the past week or so, and this morning I noticed a bunch of new restaurants and times available. I'm only searching for a party of 2 but I would recommend taking a look this morning if you can. Hopefully you'll find something you were wanting!

I have a short trip planned the second weekend in December and have been checking reservations for 12/10 and 12/11 the past week or so, and this morning I noticed a bunch of new restaurants and times available. I'm only searching for a party of 2 but I would recommend taking a look this morning if you can. Hopefully you'll find something you were wanting!
We will also be there that weekend! Flying in on Thursday & out on Sunday. I managed to get the exact Tusker House & Crystal Palace ADR's I wanted, but cannot get TREX for Thursday 12/9 dinner at all!

Call TREX directly to book. They only release a small percentage of reservations for booking through Disney.

We are likely cancelling our Dec. trip but won't have to make a decision until 30 days out. I'm sure there are quite a few people who will do the same and decide last minute to cancel, which will open up some popular ADR's daily. You just have to keep trying. We were staying at Universal last year and decided to eat at WDW during the day and landed plenty of wanted reservations on that trip day of.

Call TREX directly to book. They only release a small percentage of reservations for booking through Disney.
They don't take phone calls any more - following a suggestion on the DIS, I tried that last week. Thank you for the thought though!

I was just able to get Brown Derby for lunch on 12/13 and that has been completely blocked since 6 AM on my booking date for some reason. It usually isn't difficult to get BD, so it must have been held back for reasons unknown.

Check the app once or twice a day. We're going on relatively short notice in a couple weeks, and I was able to score a dessert party, Oga's Cantina, Skipper Canteen and Le Cellier. Still holding out hope for a Space 220 opening.

Set up alerts for mouse dining. You get free email alerts. If you want text alerts you have to pay 9.00 a month but can be canceled anytime. If you do get an alert race to get it, they are gone quick!

I just recently cancelled a 6:20 PM reservation at Chefs de France on 12/15 since I was lucky enough to get a Candlelight package at Biergarten. Just in case someone might want......

Yes, I used Mousewatchers and two restaurants have had reservations become available

I’m the one who always says set up alerts. Well I have gotten a lot of alerts this past week but can never get there in time to grab it. It’s so frustrating, I have 3 restaurants that we really want. I’ve gotten alerts for all 3 several times. Tonight I was already logged in on the app holding my phone in my hand and still didn’t get it.
This year it’s seems almost impossible to get reservations. I’m thinking I need to be searching all day and night to catch one pop up.

I’m the one who always says set up alerts. Well I have gotten a lot of alerts this past week but can never get there in time to grab it. It’s so frustrating, I have 3 restaurants that we really want. I’ve gotten alerts for all 3 several times. Tonight I was already logged in on the app holding my phone in my hand and still didn’t get it.
This year it’s seems almost impossible to get reservations. I’m thinking I need to be searching all day and night to catch one pop up.
I have had that happen as well. Hard to keep up with the alerts when I’m working.

Last edited:
Disney doesn't realize how much money they have saved me by not having any reservations ;)
If you don't mind last minute reservations, you can try day before up till that night. Sometimes even morning of you might probably be able to grab a reservation.

So if I understand this correctly.
Going online at 7am 60 days out
LOW availability ?:-(
Thabks
Kerri

So if I understand this correctly.
Going online at 7am 60 days out
LOW availability ?:-(
Thabks
Kerri
No most reservations open at 6:00 am some at 5:45 am 60 days out for online. If you call it’s 7:00, but hold times on the phone can be up to an hour or more. So don’t use the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter