Very sad. Just cancelled our Dec trip.

I just sent another email to guest communications, and submitted another form to the AP dept. (I don't get any response at all with the AP form, so I'm not sure that they are receiving them)

I think most people would be happy to pause their AP's and then use their remaining AP time when they are comfortable to travel again. If people are just done and over with Disney, then they should be able to choose the refund. The measly extension would do us no good, but for locals, that option might be OK for them. So Disney.... let us choose what we want to do. Why hand out refunds if you don't have to?

OR another great option, and a fabulous customer service gesture, would be to just issue vouchers for all new AP's and then Disney doesn't have to involve their IT dept in setting up the program to handle the paused AP's. Do you think that Disney monitors these posts?

I think I will go ahead and suggest the voucher idea. It's another way that Disney will make the AP holders happy, and Disney doesn't have to be dishing out cash for refunds to unhappy pass holders.

I just canceled my Christmas AKL Jambo Club Level. That one hurt. It was one of my DVC bucket list experiences, and I couldn't believe I was able to book it...

That's tough. We're just about to pull the plug on Aulani in early October. Too much unknown and I need to bank by 7/31 :(

We just cancelled our Dec. Copper Creek reservation. So sad. No trips now for 2020. Hoping we can make next May 2021 :(

We had to cancel 4 trips to date so far for 2020 to WDW including our New Years trip which was booked to replace the cancelled March Break trip :(

Ultimately we are only burning 25 points that were banked when we bought our last Poly contract (carry over points) but only got 7 days use out of our APs so ultimately had to select the refund.

I recognize that these are small problems to deal with when we are in a pandemic but still stings considering we are still locked down here in Canada with no future trips to look forward to. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter