• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Scary, Not so Scary, and Everything In Between! šŸŽƒ Updated 12/9. Last day**

It sounds wonderful to be able to start each day having breakfast while enjoying the savannah. Nice that you get to chat to the neighbours too.
It really was, I loved the relax start to each day, very different from the usual rushing!
Epcot sounds like it was pretty quiet or did you just have amazing luck getting to do so many rides as a walk on? I smiled at the idea of a crazy rollercoaster inside SE .
It really was! I was happy to see less crowds! Thank goodness SE is my type of Rollercoaster :rotfl: :rotfl:
There is Something special though about experiencing rides for the first time and even better when you still love them more than 30 years later. You did some of my favourites today but Iā€™m with you on Soarin- I enjoy it but loved the older version much more.
I agree! I love new experiences and one thing about WDW is the attractions are so appealing you can do over and over! Team Soarin over California all the way :cheer2:
I bet Andi was enjoying the ā€œwhere are weā€ game. Made me laugh that you had to make it harder for her as Iā€™m still trying to work out where you took that photo
I literally could not stump her until I took a picture of a red wall, she finally was like Mom it is a red wall it could be anywhere :rotfl2:
The cheese bread sounds delicious as do the Hawaiian dishes. Looking forward to hearing what other cheesey snacks you get.
Spoiler every cheese dish we had got a thumbs up!

Oh my gosh, this sounds amazing!
The tour was awesome!
All the food looks so good!
It really is a perfect blend of small bites to enjoy out on the Savannah
Wow!! You really lucked out!
It is amazing to hear the Lionā€™s roar!
It really is!
I hadnā€™t been on the upper level for awhile and both D and I agreed it is more intense!
Navi is always sp pretty and relaxing.
Love it for a relaxing time
The Shaman is awesome. :)
She is amazing! Andiā€™s favorite
Always nice to have some chill time.
You sure can do that AKL!
I find you really don't need Genie+ at Epocot.
I agree, other than Remy it really isnā€™t needed
Two of my favourites to start the day!
Same. Love SE and Soarin
I adore the Seas. I can happily while away an hour or two in there.
We love looking around the Seas
That's not the Disney way!
I was surprised šŸ˜®
I am with you. I am glad I tried it but I wouldn't get it again.
The curry ketchup really was the winner
These really are delicious!
My favorite drink in WS!

It was in a way but very magnified and much different than the Lionā€™s roar
How cool is that???
I definitely get that! I feel AKL really does put you in a whole different vibe from the park vibe
::yes::
Are you saying Iā€™m old :rotfl:
Certainly not.
I'm saying I'm that old!
I can see why people would think that, it looks like it could hold a wicked Rollercoaster
Heh. On the flip side... "Martha, let's go in here. It used to be called Ellen's Energy Adventure... I'm sure it's quite tame."
I know, right? A drink every 100 feet isnā€™t enough!
:laughing:
I was just surprised how unhelpful she was. I could see the glasses and a grabber would have retrieved them but maybe that is a safety issue and they canā€™t do that. She didnā€™t even say anything.
That's just it. I mean... even a "I'm sorry we can't retrieve it at this time, but if you go to guest services and give them your name, they'll be able to return them to you by tomorrow."

Your Savanah tour sound great. I think this would be perfect for just DH and I someday. You have a very valid point on AK closing before you can enjoy the nighttime in Pandora.
I think you should definitely do the tour! I think you and your hubby would love it!
It was weird how it closed before the lights would really be enjoyable
Nice start to your Epcot day, lots of rides with low waits.
It really was. We had good days in Epcot this trip, not real crowded and we loved all the F&W booths we tried!
Food looks so good too. So many items I never found the time to try.
Everything was very good! Iā€™m excited to try the cookie stroll and a few treats at the Holiday booths
I'm sorry but I don't have a guess for the photo except for somewhere in the Seas.
Letā€™s just say you are definitely in the right place!!

I don't know how I missed that there is a "cheese" hunt through F & W. I would love that. Cheese is my favorite
It was really fun to do the cheese crawl! I was surprised everything we tried was delicious, I will definitely do that again!
That stinks about the sunglasses! The CM was about that helpful when my phone fell into Rock'n Rollercoaster, too. Unfortunately, I never got that back either!
I remember when you lost your phone, way worse than sunglasses but still to just look at us and not even say anything other than to bad, not helpful at all.

That tour did look good fun, love the lions roaring, incredible experience to see and hear I imagine. And yes, food looked nice.
It really is a wonderful tour! Very relaxing and I love learning about the animals! The food and wine is also a very enjoyable part!
It is very cool to hear the lionā€™s roar!
FoP does look like it`s a lot of fun, always hear good things about it. And love the look of the pork sliders and cheesecake.....my kind of food!!
It is one of my favorite attractions!
I could have had at least 3 sliders, very tasty!
Shame about the sunglasses and the CM could have at least pretended to care a little......shame.
I agree, very weird to not get any positive response at all. I know it isnā€™t their problem but still just odd. ..
I think my abiding memory of our last visit to Epcot in 2008 was how darn hot it was compared to other places!!
Yes very hot! Sometimes it is hard to find a shady spot to eat your treats.
Loving catching up again...
Thank you Carole!

Certainly not.
I'm saying I'm that old!
Haha šŸ˜‚ I think we must have both been very young when we first enjoyed SE! That is the right answer! :rotfl:
Heh. On the flip side... "Martha, let's go in here. It used to be called Ellen's Energy Adventure... I'm sure it's quite tame."
Oh my, that one scares me, thank goodness I know what that one is all about. I loved when it was just the dinosaurs and the theater moved around.
Did you get a chance to ride GotG? If so did you like it? I want to try it but Iā€™m a little scared!
That's just it. I mean... even a "I'm sorry we can't retrieve it at this time, but if you go to guest services and give them your name, they'll be able to return them to you by tomorrow."
Exactly you should be a CM, you know exactly what to say!

Haha šŸ˜‚ I think we must have both been very young when we first enjoyed SE! That is the right answer! :rotfl:
We were both babies!
Oh my, that one scares me, thank goodness I know what that one is all about. I loved when it was just the dinosaurs and the theater moved around.
Did you get a chance to ride GotG? If so did you like it? I want to try it but Iā€™m a little scared!
I did! Twice. :)
Loved it.
Exactly you should be a CM, you know exactly what to say!
Wonder if they're hiring out-of-towners... :idea:

Sounds like it was a great day in Epcot. You were able to hit a good number of booths up and enjoyed some classic attractions. I agree with you, the original Soarin' was superior.

There's nothing like enjoying breakfast on your balcony while staying at AKL. It's like an attraction in and of itself.

I've been reading and enjoying your trip report this week. I had gall bladder surgery Wed. so I've been taking it easy and reading a lot of trip reports. We always rent a house, but we are staying at AKL for one day this trip. We decided to extend our trip by one day because of better airline prices, and my grandson really wanted to stay there. He is 22 and is doing all the planning, thank goodness.

Catching back up from a few posts back.

The Safari tour sounds lovely! That spread looks amazing.

All of your cheese in Epcot sounds yummy! Despite multiple visits to the park during F&W, I only got to try one booth offering! It just kept happening that, when we were in WS, it was too early for things to be open, it was too hot to want to wait for anything, or we were in a rush to be somewhere else. Such is touring with young kids, I guess.

Sounds like it was a great day in Epcot. You were able to hit a good number of booths up and enjoyed some classic attractions. I agree with you, the original Soarin' was superior.
It really was a nice midday tour in Epcot! I was very surprised how low the crowds were. Spoiler they were all waiting to attend the Halloween party ugh šŸ˜©
Team Original Soarin all the way!
There's nothing like enjoying breakfast on your balcony while staying at AKL. It's like an attraction in and of itself.
It was very nice! Staying at AKL is such a relaxing experience and really takes you away from the park atmosphere! I really like that about this resort!

I've been reading and enjoying your trip report this week. I had gall bladder surgery Wed. so I've been taking it easy and reading a lot of trip reports. We always rent a house, but we are staying at AKL for one day this trip. We decided to extend our trip by one day because of better airline prices, and my grandson really wanted to stay there. He is 22 and is doing all the planning, thank goodness.
:welcome: :flower1: Hello there, Iā€™m glad you are enjoying the report!
I had my gallbladder out in 2017 and loved browsing the Trip Reports on here, I also watched almost all of Game of Thrones! It was winter and cold here, the combo made it a good idea to lounge around!
I hope you have a wonderful trip and you will love staying at AKL! I think it is a beautiful pllace to escape to from the parks!!

Catching back up from a few posts back.

The Safari tour sounds lovely! That spread looks amazing.

All of your cheese in Epcot sounds yummy! Despite multiple visits to the park during F&W, I only got to try one booth offering! It just kept happening that, when we were in WS, it was too early for things to be open, it was too hot to want to wait for anything, or we were in a rush to be somewhere else. Such is touring with young kids, I guess.
:wave2:
The Savor the Savannah tour gets two thumbs up from me for so many reasons! The food, drinks, animals, Savannah, knowledgeable tour guide, and it is paced to be very relaxing!
Yes touring with 3 young girls is very different from two ā€œmatureā€ adults! Well sort of mature :rotfl:
When your girls are teens you and your hubby will be able to leisurely enjoy F&W while the girls do some things on their own!
I was really happy with all our choices this time at F&W, usually I have something meh but this time I enjoyed everything!

Well my where are we game so far is going over like a lead balloon :rotfl2:
I will keep doing it just so you all can see how detailed my Disney loving Andigirl is!
Vanessa @vamassey1 gets the Pride and Atta Girl for the first one! :woohoo:
The first one was the queue of Finding Nemo Under the Seas!
Enjoy this toast from Leo, you earned it!
View attachment 720351
Oh, I totally knew where it was. I just didn't want to hog the win from Vanessa.

:rolleyes1

A very crowded Mickeyā€™s Halloween Party!

Spoiler alert šŸšØ I have to say we may have been a little bland or some may say ā€œdudsā€ at this party!

We enjoyed it but it was very crowded and made it difficult to have a majorly awesome time!

We lounged in the room and out on our deck until it was time to go to the party!

We had a drink and more cheese, with crackers and salami.

I had bought a few of the mini charcuterie trays from my grocery order. These were really good and nice to have out on the deck.

We put on our Halloween attire and glowing necklaces and headed to the bus stop.

The forecast was predicting rain. I was hoping it wasnā€™t going to happen.

We arrived at the park around 5pm. It was busy. We got our wristbands, treat bags, and a few pictures!
IMG_2022-11-21-084925.jpg

IMG_2022-11-21-085443.jpg
Our first treat was a full size bag of cookie M&Mā€™s. I really liked the more sturdy treat bags which are not disposable and the bags have the 50th logo on it.

I was texting with Lesley and Su-Lynn, they both were at the party. We decided to meet up at the PM. We all took a ride on the PM and visited for a little while before we parted ways.

They were going on The Disney Wish soon and also doing the Galactic StarCruiser stay on the Halcyon. They had a busy week ahead of them.

We did get a picture! It was very nice to see the ā€œEpicā€ ladies!
IMG_2022-11-21-085007.jpg

D and I decided to fill our popcorn bucket and sit for a few minutes people watching before the party started.

We headed towards Storybook Circus area. There was a treat trail at the train station. We went in the very long line to get some candy. This was the theme for the night! Treat, Character lines and PhotoPass lines remained very long all night! Rides had shorter lines most of the evening!

We decided to ride Dumbo first, I love this ride, young and old can enjoy as you can tell from our picture!
IMG_2022-11-21-085048.jpg

We worked our way into FL, realizing how crowded it was, Epcot had less crowds!

We rode Ariel, Pooh, and Peter Pan with minimal wait.

Our plan was to wait a little longer to do more treat areas because the treat trails were mobbed!

We headed to AL, I wanted to do PoTC, the wait was about 20 minutes! I thought this was long on a party night. The ride had live actors in it. The queue had one ā€œpirateā€ in the jail area, trying to get out! He was fun to listen to and watch as you walked through the queue.

The ride also had actors in it. It was a fun ride experience and just a little different than the normal ride.

I wanted to try the Buffalo Chicken hand pie at Golden Outpost but at this time the place was mobbed! We did the treat trails in this area and rode JC and Aladdinā€™s flying carpets. The first parade was starting so we stayed in this area and tried the outpost again and it was less crowded.

We shared the hand pie, this was really good! We both enjoyed this. We sat at Tortuga Tavern and had a little break.
IMG_2022-11-21-085347.jpg
Picture is from the Disney Food blog! Thank you!

I forgot to get a picture before we dove in! :rotfl:

We did the treat trails in this area again. D was very serious when she asked can we do the same ones more than once? šŸ˜†

I reassured her we could go through the trails over and over!

We worked our way back to the HM area but the wait was 40 minutes so we decided to pass on it for now. We did the treat trails in FL.

Rode the tea cups with a spooky overlay and went back into TL. We did the treat trails here, rode Buzz, PM, and watched some of the dance party! It was a Monster Inc dance party! Very cute!

It still was threatening rain but it never did rain!

We decided to watch the Fireworks in FL from the back of the castle. We both didnā€™t mind missing the projections and we knew the hub would be mobbed.

We had a great spot by Pinocchio Haus. The fireworks are perimeter ones for the party so you really get a great view from back here.

We left a little before the fireworks ended so we could get on HM! This was a good plan, the wait was minimal. I love how the CMā€™s really play the part at the Halloween party.

I really tried to get in some of the special PhotoPass areas but the lines were still very long! A very nice CM took this picture for us!
IMG_2022-11-21-085141.jpg

We decided to get more candy and work our way to Mainstreet to line up for the 2nd parade. It was still very crowded. Usually people leave after the fireworks!

We looked in the Emporium for some Halloween merchandise but really didnā€™t find anything we had to have.

I found a spot right on Mainstreet and we sat down on the curb to wait for the parade. I usually like to watch the 2nd parade from Frontier Land but I wanted to see Powerline.

Unfortunately, people kept crowding in on us and a few people tried to go in front of us, what! You canā€™t be in the street when the parade starts, ugh šŸ˜£

I got a few pictures while we sat on the curb.
IMG_2022-11-21-085528.jpg
IMG_2022-11-21-085218.jpg
We really enjoyed the parade, however, it was just so crowded and some very pushy people trying to take our spot! I didnā€™t like that and will watch the parade in Frontier Land from now on!

I love this parade except the Itā€™s good to be bad band was not in the parade tonight! I am not sure why, but I really missed that float and song! It is my favorite.

We went back in the Emporium for awhile, after the parade, to wait out some of the crowds doing the mass exodus!

We finally, worked our way out of the park.

My take away, way to crowded!!

It was fun but hard to enjoy the specialty things at the party and that is really why we do the party for the most part!

We did get to ride quite a few attractions and did get a bunch of candy so that was a plus!

Holy Snickers Disney! I think I got a 100 mini snicker bars!

We got back to the room around 1am!

Here is an easy Where are we? No challenge for Andi with this one, lol šŸ˜‚
IMG_2022-11-21-085557.jpg

This is a hard one, she did get this one, I couldnā€™t believe it!
IMG_2022-11-21-085623.jpg
Feel free to guess!

Stay tuned for a relaxed morning at Fort Wilderness, coming up very soon!

Spoiler alert šŸšØ I have to say we may have been a little bland or some may say ā€œdudsā€ at this party!
Whelp! I'm out, then.

Oh... alright. I'll keep reading.
I had bought a few of the mini charcuterie trays from my grocery order. These were really good and nice to have out on the deck.
Smart! Love this idea.
IMG_2022-11-21-084925.jpg
Really like your outfit!
All you ladies look great! :)
Treat, Character lines and PhotoPass lines remained very long all night! Rides had shorter lines most of the evening!
Huh. This was not our experience.
We decided to ride Dumbo first, I love this ride, young and old can enjoy as you can tell from our picture!
:goodvibes
I wanted to do PoTC, the wait was about 20 minutes! I thought this was long on a party night.
That's not too bad, I think, considering the live actors who enhance the ride and its popularity.
We did the treat trails in this area again. D was very serious when she asked can we do the same ones more than once? šŸ˜†
Bet she was happy when you told her the answer!
It still was threatening rain but it never did rain!
Yay!
We both didnā€™t mind missing the projections and we knew the hub would be mobbed.
Yeah... I love watching from the hub, but am not a fan of the projections. I spend far too much time looking up and down.
We left a little before the fireworks ended so we could get on HM! This was a good plan, the wait was minimal. I love how the CMā€™s really play the part at the Halloween party.
::yes:: Best ride in the park is made even better.
I usually like to watch the 2nd parade from Frontier Land but I wanted to see Powerline.
Powerline? :confused3
Unfortunately, people kept crowding in on us and a few people tried to go in front of us, what! You canā€™t be in the street when the parade starts, ugh šŸ˜£
:sad2:
I staked out my spot for a reason, buddy.
Like this shot. :thumbsup2
We really enjoyed the parade, however, it was just so crowded and some very pushy people trying to take our spot! I didnā€™t like that and will watch the parade in Frontier Land from now on!
:( Sorry to hear about the pushy people. Not cool.
Holy Snickers Disney! I think I got a 100 mini snicker bars!
Here is an easy Where are we? No challenge for Andi with this one, lol šŸ˜‚
That is an easy one...
I love this more during MNSSHP nights of course. ;)
This is a hard one, she did get this one, I couldnā€™t believe it!
IMG_2022-11-21-085623.jpg
Gonna guess HM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter