• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VERY SPECIFIC QUESTION to “frequent” Disney Cruisers.

Yes

We tend to move around and not stay in a single location for 6 or more nights at a time, so our list includes all 50 States, 5 Canadian Provinces, 263 National Parks and 11 Presidential Libraries. So sticking with the 6 or more nights within the last 6 years:
Washington DC
London
Ireland x3
San Francisco / Sacramento
Orlando
Memphis
Nashville
San Diego
Key West

I would note that several of these places we found while on a Disney Cruise that ended up being future destinations.

You have selected such a small pool to poll. I imagine most of us are Platinum Castaway members. Which isn’t totally surprising that we are also travel junkies. If we could have included 4-6 day trips, who knows how much longer our lists would be.

She’s asking about where *else* people have gone.

And she started with people who have gone on 5+ dcl cruises; even if they were all transatlantic trips, 5 cruises is still just gold.

I feel like posting our trips would be a brag-a-thon, so suffice it to say we're gold, and we still travel across country to visit family, and cruise with other lines besides Disney.

Now for MY question my definition of “Frequent “ cruiser is can you answer this question with a YES.

“We have done 5 or more, SEVEN or more night, Disney Cruises in the past 9 years?”
THAT’S NOT THE SURVEY QUESTION. A YES TO THAT QUESTION ALLOWS YOU TO ANSWER MY SURVEY QUESTION!

So, If you answered yes to that question-

Where ELSE have you traveled for “vacations” during the past 9 years? (NOT ON DCL). For the sake of length of responses only list 6 night+ trips.

The reason for my question was a family member questioning our loyalty to Disney vacations.
🤭
Yes to your initial question.

Other 6+ vacations during the last nine years:

Paris
Hawaii
WDW (multiple, one combo with Vero Beach)
Turks and Caicos
Quebec City
Prince Edward Island
Peru (year before DS was born)

Sorry, only cruised DCL. Heading out on our 20th cruise. Did sail Southern Caribbean this past summer, does that count as something different (ports). Hoping very soon to travel to Europe to sail DCL...yes, we are hooked.

East Coast US "history tour" - 1 week
San Francisco - 1 week
Hawaii - 1 week
Germany - 1 week
Italy - 1 week
Key West - 1 week
Niagara Falls - 1 week
Michigan - 1 week

we mainly cruise on Disney in February on the kids winter break, they have other breaks in September and April that we use to go other places

Within US: multiple trips to Florida (often not Disney), multiple to Arkansas (family), multiple to Colorado (family), multiple to upstate NY (family), multiple to North Carolina mountains, couple of times to DVC Hilton Head island, drive up California coast, southern and central Arizona, drive around Michigan to Whitefish Bay and Mackinac Island, probably some I forgot.
Outside US:. New Zealand/Australia, Antarctica on small ship from Argentina, Ecuador including Galapagos and Peru including Macchu Picchu, Mediterranean on small ship.

We have a trip to Germany and Tauck River cruise and a Disney cruise planned next year. When we retired, we decided to travel until we couldn't.

We have grandchildren coming up now so DVC may become more prevalent in our plans in coming years

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter