Very Un-Magical Express

We just boarded the ME on our way to the airport, and the driver was wearing her mask as a chin strap when she greeted us and driving. Then she got upset when my husband told her she needed to wear her mask just like the rest of us. Unbelievable. She will be reported. Completely unacceptable.
Take a deep breath. Count to 10 and sit in the back of the bus.

From what I've read DME is a mess. Still nice to have a bus but handling of luggage from terminal A to terminal B can't be fun.
I used to fly JetBlue (and twice Frontier) which is in A. Several times I grabbed my bag rather than use the luggage service. I didn't see that walk across the Terminals from A to B to be an issue. Frankly, after sitting for almost 5 hours that 10 minute walk was much needed.

I used to fly JetBlue (and twice Frontier) which is in A. Several times I grabbed my bag rather than use the luggage service. I didn't see that walk across the Terminals from A to B to be an issue. Frankly, after sitting for almost 5 hours that 10 minute walk was much needed.

And I thought doing it was a pain in the rear.

I came in late last night and waited about 30-45 mins for a ME bus. They had the driver go all over the place - SSR, POP and AKL. They even told us where to sit on the bus - they had a chart and told us where to sit

I e never used Uber or Lyft... How do you verify their COVID cleaning guarantee?
Basically we are not returning to the same Disney.
It requires a whole lot of patience and a new game plan every step of the way. And Disney is still working the hardest to figure it out too.

Lol. I agree. 6 bags of luggage is a pain in the rump. Sorry Disney was looking for an excuse. Not as magical anymore. From terminal A to terminal B is not five minutes unless your O J
It may not be Disney, but rather BAGS, INC. (or whatever company was providing the luggage transport). It might be permanent, but barely a month after any property opened, and with far fewer guests, there's no indication that it will be permanent.

Why do you think Disney would need an(y) excuse to modify or remove a service?

[I QUOTE="maryj11, post: 62159663, member: 39219"]
I hope this does not happen when we go ugh!
[/QUOTE]

Same here! The last time I went before the pandemic, I did have to wait well over an hour!

It took maybe 2.5 hours just getting to the hotel!!

Then on the way back home, the bus broke down for 55 anxiety inducing minutes where I was nearly sh*thing myself cutting it so close and getting to the airport only to find security lines were over 45 minutes.

Walked right on that flight ! Sweat a river.

@Tinatheneedle is there a reason you don’t update the outcome of the actual total time and what Disney said? Seems strange you are on boards and are asked for updates but don’t. 😕

Attachments

• 7C47D97F-EAB2-40C8-87B2-52642E4C25A2.png
    7C47D97F-EAB2-40C8-87B2-52642E4C25A2.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 43
[I QUOTE="maryj11, post: 62159663, member: 39219"]
I hope this does not happen when we go ugh!

Same here! The last time I went before the pandemic, I did have to wait well over an hour!

It took maybe 2.5 hours just getting to the hotel!!

Then on the way back home, the bus broke down for 55 anxiety inducing minutes where I was nearly sh*thing myself cutting it so close and getting to the airport only to find security lines were over 45 minutes.

Walked right on that flight ! Sweat a river.
[/QUOTE]
Oh boy. Glad you made it.

This thread made me laugh a bit because out of all the times I have used DME, the ONLY time I waited awhile for a bus was when we were staying at AKL. And it was a lot like the OP described...we were the only long line and the other resort buses seemed to be showing up constantly.

Normally, I wouldn’t have minded because honestly, I am so thrilled to be in Florida and starting my vacation so waiting is fine, but I had to pee so freaking bad! After waiting in line about 25 minutes, I finally had my SIL watch my bags and I sprinted to the bathroom. And of course, that is when the AKL bus shows up lol

So my advice to anyone who is tired of waiting for their DME bus is to go to the bathroom, because the second your pants are down, your bus is guaranteed to show up :)

Yeah its 150 plus tip. But man its a great experience and amazing way to arrive at your resort. Our driver overhead us mentioning we were going straight to DHS and offered to wait for us to drop off our bags(with bell-services) and then took us there. Probably not something that happens every time, but outside of the cost, Minnie Vans from the airport are very magical.
I think cost for the Minnie Van to the airport is now $155 each way. I have used to the resort and return to the airport -- it is very expensive, but the service was wonderful. I liked getting extra time on arrival at the resort and having extra time on departure day.

At Orlando airport. We’ve been waiting for an hour and a half for a bus. One just came, finally. But the line is so long, the bus filled within one party of us. So we continue to stand here...3 or 4 busses have come for all other resorts but us. We are DVC and attempting to go to Kidani Village. Our line is wrapped around the area while other lines have almost no one. My advice: if you are at Kidani, Jambo, POP, or Riviera, plan an alternate way to get to your resort!
Wondering if this actually happened as OP never updates. Especially when she’s been on the boards as recently as last night. 🙄

Attachments

• FBB3DC7E-1637-485F-B4BC-4451EF71E4CD.png
    FBB3DC7E-1637-485F-B4BC-4451EF71E4CD.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Wondering if this actually happened as OP never updates. Especially when she’s been on the boards as recently as last night. 🙄
I was at OIA both in June and Sept. 2019. I agree the magical express isn't as magical as it once was. Staying at AKL and put on transport which included 2 other stops. Lol we were the last stop.

I was at OIA both in June and Sept. 2019. I agree the magical express isn't as magical as it once was. Staying at AKL and put on transport which included 2 other stops. Lol we were the last stop.

One other point. The bus boarding agents never are available to ask questions. They stand with their clipboards far back from the rope lines. Guests have no idea what's going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter