Very Upset at DCL

ambushangel

Mouseketeer
We booked our March 2012 cruise a couple of weeks ago. At that time we requested room 5022 and got it. Now I checked out reservation and it now says GTA.

I don't understand why they would change our reservation.

We really wanted that room.

I'm not happy at all.
:confused:

That is strange especially since it is so far out from the cruise. I have also never seen GTA...it is usually GTY. I would call DCL since it might be an issue with their website acting up...which has happened a lot lately. Getting a SPH is exciting so I can understand you being upset.

That is strange especially since it is so far out from the cruise. I have also never seen GTA...it is usually GTY. I would call DCL since it might be an issue with their website acting up...which has happened a lot lately. Getting a SPH is exciting so I can understand you being upset.
Looks like the cruise is on the Dream so it isn't a SPH room anyway

Take a deep breath. I can understand wanting a specific room assignment, but at this point, I would not be "very upset." You will get a lot further with results if you remain calm and call DCL and just ask. There may be a very good explanation.

- Dreams

Looks like the cruise is on the Dream so it isn't a SPH room anyway

It was a double porthole room. Looked like 2 rooms in 1. We feel in love with it the minute we saw the pictures and that's why we picked it.

Take a deep breath. I can understand wanting a specific room assignment, but at this point, I would not be "very upset." You will get a lot further with results if you remain calm and call DCL and just ask. There may be a very good explanation.

- Dreams

You are right. It's my vacation planning OCD taking over.

Would it be safe to assume that you have not called DCL to ask about the situation and either have them correct it or give you a reason why you cannot have the room you booked?

I have had a thing or two happen to my reservation, and I found the phone people willing and able to help me. They were even able to solve problems.

Because I made the HUGE mistake of booking it through a TA (sister of a very good friend). They won't tell me anything. He was very nice about it but kept telling me that she has to call.

It worries me if the TA has messed up because I would have normally booked this stuff myself but she's just starting out.

Because I made the HUGE mistake of booking it through a TA (sister of a very good friend). They won't tell me anything. He was very nice about it but kept telling me that she has to call.

It worries me if the TA has messed up because I would have normally booked this stuff myself but she's just starting out.

OMG, how frustrating. Maybe, a little pixiedust: will help!

Trusting someone else with a vacation is not easy to do but is doable. Call the TA and she will have to correct the problem with DCL. Once it is corrected (if possible) ask that your resy be marked "do not upgrade" this SHOULD keep your room number the same.

OMG, how frustrating. Maybe, a little pixiedust: will help!

Trusting someone else with a vacation is not easy to do but is doable. Call the TA and she will have to correct the problem with DCL. Once it is corrected (if possible) ask that your resy be marked "do not upgrade" this SHOULD keep your room number the same.

Thank you Snell, Stitchy and everyone for your positive thoughts.

I guess I'm just worried that things won't work out. Grabbing all the pixie dust.

I got a hold of the TA (advantage of her being a best friends sister).

She called DCL and there was some mixup with the booking. They did have us in 5022 but due to the paperwork mix up, rebooked us with without giving us an assigned room.

The TA in attempts to try and make us happy, upgraded us to 5190, right over Evolution. :headache:

As I trust all of the advices that's provided on here. My question to everyone is:

Do I keep the 5190 and wait and see how loud Evolution is?

or

Do I ask to be put back to our 8A GTY and hope that we can get something higher?

I'm trying to weigh out the best thing and I know that any location on the ship is great, but I don't really want to have 6012 or 6510 (pole in the middle of the room) and I'm a little concerned with the comments with the new location.

I have until the morning to sort things out.

Please advise.

I got a hold of the TA (advantage of her being a best friends sister).

She called DCL and there was some mixup with the booking. They did have us in 5022 but due to the paperwork mix up, rebooked us with without giving us an assigned room.

The TA in attempts to try and make us happy, upgraded us to 5190, right over Evolution. :headache:

As I trust all of the advices that's provided on here. My question to everyone is:

Do I keep the 5190 and wait and see how loud Evolution is?

or

Do I ask to be put back to our 8A GTY and hope that we can get something higher?

I'm trying to weigh out the best thing and I know that any location on the ship is great, but I don't really want to have 6012 or 6510 (pole in the middle of the room) and I'm a little concerned with the comments with the new location.

I have until the morning to sort things out.

Please advise.

Which sailing are you on? All of the 8As are at the forward on decks 5 and 6 - so I should think any cat 8A stateroom would work well for you.

Another option is to check into a room on Deck 6 or 7. There's 5E staterooms at the aft of the ship on all three decks.

Another option would be to take the upgrade the TA has given you and go one more up to a 5D. You'd get the plexiglass railing, and a verandah. I'm not sure of your party mix (assuming an adult and a 15 year old, based on your signature) or your actual sail date - but the difference between a 5E and a 5D on a 5 night sailing with 2 people is only $70.

No matter what you do - if you're truly concerned about noise from Evolution, don't stay with that stateroom. You should enjoy the buildup to your cruise. You shouldn't be worrying about whether you will or will not like your stateroom.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter