Very upset - Different discounts in Germany than in all other countries

Now I am really upset. Germany seams to be the only country were they don't offer anything at all. And in addition to that bookings also start 2 month after the UK and France. :mad: :sad2: :guilty:

Just read though this thread and I think that it is an unfair situation.You would think a company like Disney would offer the same offers to all countries.:confused3

Slightly off topic I can sympathize with you, in the past coming from Northern Ireland we have always have had to pay a lot more for holidays than our counterparts on the mainland.Things have got better with the cheap airlines flying from Aldergrove but there are a lot of places we can't go to unless we fly to the mainland first.....................:mad: sorry rant over

I am amazed, I just assumed bookings would start the same day for everyone. As cap'njack said, we in the UK are so used to living in "Rip off Britain" that we just take it for granted that we always get the worst deals.

... and still do. Such as seeing iPhone through Orange in France whereas in the UK O2 have exclusive rights.

That said I feel for our European neighbours. :grouphug:
It is clear that the increased amount of Spanish guests is because of the positive discrimination being taken in discounting this market :)

Yesterday morning I checked the Web site for the umpteenth time, and here they are, the dates from Nov 7th onwards are on the Web!!
I called DLRP reservation center, and we are now booked for 3 nights for the price of 2 at the Disneyland Hotel :cool1:
Now, I just need to find 1.100€ to pay for it by Nov :scared1:

That is great news. And that also means 3=2 are available for Italy also.
Happy for you sad for me.

That is great news. And that also means 3=2 are available for Italy also.
Happy for you sad for me.

I don't mean to rub in, but there are also 4=3 for those same dates. I chose the 3=2 because it's 1100€, while 4=3 is 1400€ and we can't afford as much right now.
Marcus, if there is some big German DLRP forum (DLP.info comes to mind) why don't you try to organize a mass protest? Sometimes Disney is sensitive to feedback from their customers...

Elaine: thanks, we are pretty excited too! It will be our first time at the DL Hotel, and I really can't wait!!

Thre is no significant German DLRP forum, is there Marcus? Just the EP one I believe. Right now the 'mass protest' is a protest of two. ;)

Ah well; I didn't get a call back from DLRP Customer Care yesterday as promised, nor did they respond to my email. My August stay will be comfortably in the heart of Paris. Too bad for them that they lost my revenue.

You don't rub in by telling me that Elena. I know that if the offer 3=2 they also offer 4=3. :mad:

And you are right Bavaria there is no big German board.

And I sent them my complaint two weeks ago via their website and I got nothing back. Not even the "We received your mail and will reply shortly!"

I hope that your protest of 2 gains further support... so much for reducing the barrier between member states in Europe :confused3

Honestly, the way they totally mucked up my bookings for August along with those of my family, and failed to respond after promising multiple times, I am just going to enjoy the luxury of my room in Paris, and take the train out for the day.

It's the sad truth that sometimes I will only push so far before taking my money elsewhere, as I am doing more and more often. I've been to EuropaPark 3x in the last year, and more and more stay in Paris and take the train to DLRP.

That keeps me content, but it loses them my money.

You don't rub in by telling me that Elena. I know that if the offer 3=2 they also offer 4=3. :mad:

And you are right Bavaria there is no big German board.

And I sent them my complaint two weeks ago via their website and I got nothing back. Not even the "We received your mail and will reply shortly!"

Don't use the website mail, use this one I have always got a response from it:

DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com

Thank you for the Mailadress Niki. I am not sure if I should send my mail also to this adress because the whole letter is in German.

When I wrote a complaint two years ago via the homepage I got a response from them but it took them 4 weeks. But like I already said I have not even got a "We received your Mail and will reply shortly." :confused3

I think it's disgusting that they take so long to reply, particularly to a complaint. If there's any way I can help Marcus, let me know.

Thank you for the Mailadress Niki. I am not sure if I should send my mail also to this adress because the whole letter is in German.

When I wrote a complaint two years ago via the homepage I got a response from them but it took them 4 weeks. But like I already said I have not even got a "We received your Mail and will reply shortly." :confused3

That address is the main address linked from France, I wrote in english & got a reply. They probably had to find someone whocould translate. Its worth giving it a try.

Thank you Niki for your great advice. After using the homepage link on 21-JUL I received nothing as reply. Yesterday morning I used "your" address and got a personal reply within 8 hours in German (!!!).
The German Parks & Resorts Department of the Walt Disney Company in Munich answered the following: (short translation of the German answer)

Sorry for not replying immediately to your mail.
We take your complaint seriously but as you mentioned more big issues please allow us to contact our department in Paris before we can send you a final reply.
Please be assured that we take your concern with high priority and will reply soon.

------------------

Not bad?
But why do they never reply if you send a complaint via the homepage?
Does that also apply if you ask something before your trip via the DLRP homepage? :confused3

I used the Reservations Guest Communications email address I have used successfully in past. After no reply I called, and was told that they are VERY backed up on answering Reservations issues emails. I was assured that someone would call me back. That was a week ago; my booking was to be for next week.

Oh well, bye bye DLRP hotels and hello Paris hotels! :)

Thank you Niki for your great advice. After using the homepage link on 21-JUL I received nothing as reply. Yesterday morning I used "your" address and got a personal reply within 8 hours in German (!!!).
The German Parks & Resorts Department of the Walt Disney Company in Munich answered the following: (short translation of the German answer)

Sorry for not replying immediately to your mail.
We take your complaint seriously but as you mentioned more big issues please allow us to contact our department in Paris before we can send you a final reply.
Please be assured that we take your concern with high priority and will reply soon.

------------------

Not bad?
But why do they never reply if you send a complaint via the homepage?
Does that also apply if you ask something before your trip via the DLRP homepage? :confused3

Your welcome. I'm glad you got a response. It will be interesting with what they come back with.

After the Mail from Disney Germany I received a call from the Netherlands on Friday at 17:30.
Someone important (?) from Disney called me on my mobile and asked me if we could do this conversation in English as his German is not very good. And so we had a 15 minutes call about this whole thing.

To make this shorter for you: He said very friendly (with many many words) that the reason why German visitors don’t get the reductions is that the numbers of German visitors have decreased so much over the last years.
I was quite shocked when he said it this way and I asked him again if it is fair to give all other European visitors these kind of reductions but not to one country. And he said: “Yes for his understanding this is not fair, but we are doing it this way!”
And then I asked him if this is a clever business decision? I said to him: “If my company wants to get a special group of costumers back then we do not punish this group with not giving them special offers or discounts.”
He answered that he can understand my point and that Eurodisney will review its decisions and market plans every year but it is not very likely that special offers will come back for German visitors soon.

I told him at the end of our conversation that I am very disappointed now and that I will think about if I want to go to DLRP again soon.

He ended the call with some usual words like: “We hope to see you soon at DLRP.”

I am glad that they took my complaint serious and answered it not only with an Email but even with a call. But on the other hand I am very disappointed that the company who operates my favourite holiday destination is punishing its German regular quests. :mad: :sad2: :sad1:

After the Mail from Disney Germany I received a call from the Netherlands on Friday at 17:30.
Someone important (?) from Disney called me on my mobile and asked me if we could do this conversation in English as his German is not very good. And so we had a 15 minutes call about this whole thing.

To make this shorter for you: He said very friendly (with many many words) that the reason why German visitors don’t get the reductions is that the numbers of German visitors have decreased so much over the last years.
I was quite shocked when he said it this way and I asked him again if it is fair to give all other European visitors these kind of reductions but not to one country. And he said: “Yes for his understanding this is not fair, but we are doing it this way!”
And then I asked him if this is a clever business decision? I said to him: “If my company wants to get a special group of costumers back then we do not punish this group with not giving them special offers or discounts.”
He answered that he can understand my point and that Eurodisney will review its decisions and market plans every year but it is not very likely that special offers will come back for German visitors soon.

I told him at the end of our conversation that I am very disappointed now and that I will think about if I want to go to DLRP again soon.

He ended the call with some usual words like: “We hope to see you soon at DLRP.”

I am glad that they took my complaint serious and answered it not only with an Email but even with a call. But on the other hand I am very disappointed that the company who operates my favourite holiday destination is punishing its German regular quests. :mad: :sad2: :sad1:

Thumbs up for the phonecall, etc, but not very promising is it?? I can't believe they will do things like this!! Surely, if anything, the promotion of 3 nights for 2 would increase the number of visitors? Certainly doesn't seem a wise desicion in my eyes!!

Bob xoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter