• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Veteran's Day?

disney04

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, this is my first post here. This will be my first time to DL and I'm going from Nov. 9 - 13. I just realized that that Friday is Veteran's Day. How will this impact the crowds on Friday and Saturday? Is it worth trying to change my dates? Also, this will be my first time in CA, what can I expect from the weather. Coming from Colorado, I'd love to hear that I can swim. Thanks for your help on this.

I was there last year the week of Veteran's Day. We went on Monday and Tuesday and the parks were very empty. It was wonderful, even with an occasional light rain. We wore sweatshirts, but no coats, and had ponchos when needed.

By the end of the week, on the day before Veteran's Day, we noticed that lines for the park and in Downtown Disney were quite long. We weren't going to the parks on those days, because we were attending a conference. However, I was definately surprised at the difference in crowds. On the Veteran's Day weekend, it looked like the busy summer months.

We are going this year Nov. 6-11, and we are purposely leaving on the 11th. to avoid most of the crowds. Probably, the 9 and 10th. won't be so bad for you, but the 11th. and then the weekend might be more than you want to deal with, if you have a choice or can adjust your days.

Thank you both for your replies. I feared that you would say that about Veteran's Day, so I'm pushing to change dates. Hopefully I will be successful. But if not, at least I'm armed with some good knowledge. If anyone else has opinions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again!

If you can't change, then be sure and go to Disneyland first on the 9th./10th. and then California Adventure on the busier days. That will help some. :earsboy: Also, get there when the parks open.

Thank you, I will do that. I should know by tomorrow if my dates were changed. Wish me luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter