• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VGC availability check

angey77

DIS Veteran
Any VGC owners out there who can check availability (as of now) for Sept. 15-19 or 22-26?
I'm at a crossroads here. About to possibly do a points transfer from a friend to hopefully stay at VGC at 7-month window. If we lose, then we will at least have BW next spring. But I hope not to and be coming out of pocket again (and more) for a regular room.
So any help in checking would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but posts asking to check availability are not permitted per board rules.

The room may be gone by the time your able to book.

Well, I know that! But if there is availability now, then I know I may have some kind of chance being this close in. If it's booked solid the entire week, I may consider not getting the transfer.
It's just for information, I'm not holding anyone accountable. I'm just curious.

Just curious but since your friend owns VGC, can't they check availability for you?

Just curious but since your friend owns VGC, can't they check availability for you?

No, he owns BW. I used my own points I would have used to book 7 months out when helping out a family member for our own trip.

No, he owns BW. I used my own points I would have used to book 7 months out when helping out a family member for our own trip.
Ah yes you did say you would be booking at the 7-month window.

As to why the availability requests are not allowed, I think these forums would be flooded with these types of requests if they were allowed. Since availability can change by the minute, it wouldn't help that much. It might just give you false hope that something is available right now, even though there might be just one room left and it could be gone 5 minutes later.

Ah yes you did say you would be booking at the 7-month window.

As to why the availability requests are not allowed, I think these forums would be flooded with these types of requests if they were allowed. Since availability can change by the minute, it wouldn't help that much. It might just give you false hope that something is available right now, even though there might be just one room left and it could be gone 5 minutes later.

5 seconds, it happened with us booking through MS.

:earsboy: Bill

You haven't mentioned what size unit you're looking for. Even though there is availability now, VGC goes quickly and the units could be gone when you go to book. This will be especially true for studios. If you have enough points for any size unit, you will likely find something at the 7 month mark. What might be a problem is that the points are transfer ones and, from what I understand, you'll need to phone MS to make the reservation. The one hour difference between online and MS can make a huge difference.

Good luck! Hope you get what you want.

You haven't mentioned what size unit you're looking for. Even though there is availability now, VGC goes quickly and the units could be gone when you go to book. This will be especially true for studios. If you have enough points for any size unit, you will likely find something at the 7 month mark. What might be a problem is that the points are transfer ones and, from what I understand, you'll need to phone MS to make the reservation. The one hour difference between online and MS can make a huge difference.

Good luck! Hope you get what you want.

I did not know that about booking with transferred points. Thanks for the heads up and the wish for good luck!
I may just see if my friend will just book it if he can under his membership. It would probably be easier for everyone in the long run since that can be done completely online. And it's a studio. Once it's booked, I would not be modifying it anyway, so might as well just try to keep it in his account.
BTW, if anyone does have VGC points and would PM me, that would be awesome. Once again, it would be nice to just know if there was a possibility, no matter how slight, of getting in there. I'm just a curious person in general.

As an fyi, the dis board also doesn't want requests for pm's about points. It opens up a whole mess of possibilities. I understand you aren't interested in renting but there is a general rule for everyone.

I do own at VGC and I think you have a decent chance of getting in there, even with the high-demand studio. The trick really is to be on-line at 7:59 ET and ready to book on the dot of 8:00 ET. As a pp said, 5 seconds can make a difference.

As an fyi, the dis board also doesn't want requests for pm's about points. It opens up a whole mess of possibilities. I understand you aren't interested in renting but there is a general rule for everyone. I do own at VGC and I think you have a decent chance of getting in there, even with the high-demand studio. The trick really is to be on-line at 7:59 ET and ready to book on the dot of 8:00 ET. As a pp said, 5 seconds can make a difference.

Thank you for your opinion on the studio, that is greatly appreciated. I've never had a problem in the past with booking a VGC at seven months, do hopefully I won't again.
And when I book, I'm online and refreshing at 7:57! I never wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter