VGF Big Pine Key Stairwells

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
So, we were hoping that this was work in progress, but it seems to be complete. For whatever reason, the Big Pine Key stairwells will not match the recently renovated Boca Chica lodge and remaining lodges. The resort lodges will have updated wall sconces and under railing lighting. Moreover, no electrical wiring will be exposed. In contrast, Big Pine Key will reuse old lighting, which will be connected to overhead linear lighting, and wiring will be exposed. The south stairwell has the under railing lighting, but the north stairwell does not.

The first photo is of the newly opened Boca Chica stairwell. The other three are of the entry, linear lighting, and wall sconce in the Big Pine Key. The last photo showcases the difference side by side.

Attachments

• BC.Stairwell.jpg
    BC.Stairwell.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 94
  • BPK.Entry.jpg
    BPK.Entry.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 92
  • BPK.Linear.jpg
    BPK.Linear.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 88
  • BPK.WallSconce.jpg
    BPK.WallSconce.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 94
  • BC.BPK.Stairwells.jpg
    BC.BPK.Stairwells.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 94
I don't own at VGF, but if I did, I'd send a message to DVC management via email or the Member Feedback Tool on the member website, pointing this out. It seems to me that BPK should have been upgraded in similar manner when the renovations were done to convert it to DVC.

Talk about "cheating out"! DVC needs to know that its members notice when we're given an inferior product to the general guest.

I
The DVC building was "completed" in June and this is pretty much how it looked on opening day. They've had time to "finish" the construction.
No, the inside was completed in June. The outside is ongoing and is "less important" to DVC since they have no rush to get it finished. I am here and see them making noise everyday outside my balcony on the staircase. Your picture even shows the scissor lift they have been using off-and-on.

Buena Vista Construction is working on the project. If you look under the stair railing, you'll see it has the built-in LED lights, which are not yet turned on. So, give them a break.

I

No, the inside was completed in June. The outside is ongoing and is "less important" to DVC since they have no rush to get it finished. I am here and see them making noise everyday outside my balcony on the staircase. Your picture even shows the scissor lift they have been using off-and-on.

Buena Vista Construction is working on the project. If you look under the stair railing, you'll see it has the built-in LED lights, which are not yet turned on. So, give them a break.
I didn't post a picture. If the building that were completed AFTER the DVC building has the outdoor staircases completed there is NO REASON that the DVC building is not complete. The longer it goes without being finished the less likely it will be finished as it will be forgotten about.

If that's an issue for you, wait until you see the door gap to the hallways.
Haha, good point. My biggest complaint is the lack of attention to detail. But it was a quick money grab for DVC, so not surprising! Only two washers and dryers for the entire building!! Who missed that detail?

I didn't post a picture. If the building that were completed AFTER the DVC building has the outdoor staircases completed there is NO REASON that the DVC building is not complete. The longer it goes without being finished the less likely it will be finished as it will be forgotten about.
And yet they are working on it, so we can all sleep well knowing it will be completed.

And yet they are working on it, so we can all sleep well knowing it will be completed.
You are correct. We shouldn't be concerned/annoyed that the DVC building, which members purchase contracts for 10s of thousands of dollars is delayed. It'll get done when it gets done.

You are correct. We shouldn't be concerned/annoyed that the DVC building, which members purchase contracts for 10s of thousands of dollars is delayed. It'll get done when it gets done.
So you would rather they delay opening the building till the outside stairwell was completed?

The only piece is they were running a bit behind and had already had guesrs booked for opening in June,

You wonder if the reason it didn’t get finished right away so that they didn’t have to delay opening and move guests?

Sounds like we need someone who's there now to report on whether they're actively working on the stairwells or not!

If that's an issue for you, wait until you see the door gap to the hallways.
The door between adjoining rooms also has a sloppy fit which allows sound to pass through gaps. The door knobs are not set properly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter