vGF resale prices

SO glad that when I asked a few years ago here about buying cheap points in greater volume I was resoundingly told to buy where I'd want to stay. And for once, I did what I was told as opposed to the usual, day late and a dollar short. Aulani, VGF, VGC. We've stayed everywhere but HHI & VB since then and when we aren't staying at GF and catch a glimpse of it on a trip, we're sad, even the kids. The resort has everything from grandeur to golf to great dining. One really feels transported.

IMO, the resale restrictions on the Riviera have also helped push prices up at VGF. Some are buying there rather than Riviera due to the belief that resale prices will remain high for the VGF vs those for the Riviera.

I love staying in a GFV one bedroom using my $50 OKW points. Stayed at the Polynesian in 1997 and once was enough. Going back to BLT in Jan for three nights again on my $50 OKW points.

This is how I feel about all the high price DVCs. If they are available at 7 months thats cool, if not that's an extra 20k still in my bank account.

I think it is the Pete W effect. Either he is buying all available dvc contracts and driving up the prices or he is out there talking up resale so much it had impacted all prices. I credit him for the jump.

If it's just the walkway, I think that's a bit extreme. I do hope people realize that it is going to be a long walk from MK through the main resort almost to the wedding pavilion area. It's a much longer walk than say over to BLT. It may be useful on say nights like holiday weeks when the transportation wait might be an hour, but otherwise not as useful. It's a welcome addition to be able to walk it (and by extension you'll be able to walk to Polynesian as well in bad transportation situations) but I'm not sure people realize that it is not going to be like staying at Beach Club or Contemporary with that kind of walkability.
It’s not a much longer a walk than BLT. BLT is .5 miles from the MK entrance, while walking to the DVC GFV building is about .7 miles. I do think that this added convenience does add value to VGF.

Plus one of the key selling points for BLT is that it was the only resort you can walk to from MK. So of course this feature is going to make VGF more popular. Personally I think BLT might see their prices drop from them losing this exclusive feature.

Well 3/4 mile is 50% longer than the walk from BLT, so I'm just pointing that out that people may not realize that, when they hear "oh you can walk there now" and jump on purchasing. If you're a walker, that's great, go for it. I think people might want to try it a couple times first though, before placing a monetary value on it or using it as a purchasing factor, is all I'm saying.

But I agree with others that I don't really think the price increase is about the walkway. I think it is more about the increase in direct pricing and Disney ROFRing a lot more lately.

Well 3/4 mile is 50% longer than the walk from BLT, so I'm just pointing that out that people may not realize that, when they hear "oh you can walk there now" and jump on purchasing. If you're a walker, that's great, go for it. I think people might want to try it a couple times first though, before placing a monetary value on it or using it as a purchasing factor, is all I'm saying.

But I agree with others that I don't really think the price increase is about the walkway. I think it is more about the increase in direct pricing and Disney ROFRing a lot more lately.
So let’s put this into a perspective most people here will understand. The additional walk to VGF relative to BLT is about the same as walking from the entrance of Magic Kingdom to the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey in front of Cinderella’s castle and should take about 2 additional minutes to walk.

I think for most people this is a relatively short walk and most likely preferable to waiting for a train or boat.

So let’s put this into a perspective most people here will understand. The additional walk to VGF relative to BLT is about the same as walking from the entrance of Magic Kingdom to the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey in front of Cinderella’s castle and should take about 2 additional minutes to walk.

I think for most people this is a relatively short walk and most likely preferable to waiting for a train or boat.

You walk an 8 minute mile? Dang. It would take me probably 4ish minutes. Still not huge - but not quite 2 mins. :P

You walk an 8 minute mile? Dang. It would take me probably 4ish minutes. Still not huge - but not quite 2 mins. :P
It’s .2 miles, so that would make it a 10min mile.

I think most people walk about 5mph, so I think if my math is right that comes to about 2.4min to walk .2 miles. 😎

Most people that I know, hear anything above > 0.5 mile, and their eyes rolled, and are like no way I am doing that!!! I am not saying there aren't plenty of people that rather walk than wait for transport, but I would think that would be the minority, not majority.

I really can't imagine people offering more just because of a walkway. Price is supply versus demand, with DVC interfering with ROFR. Of course, if you anybody feel differently than me, that's okay, we all can decide what price we are willing to pay, bid up to, when buying, for whatever the reasons are, and that will help determine market price.

Great3

Most people that I know, hear anything above > 0.5 mile, and their eyes rolled, and are like no way I am doing that!!! I am not saying there aren't plenty of people that rather walk than wait for transport, but I would think that would be the minority, not majority.

I really can't imagine people offering more just because of a walkway. Price is supply versus demand, with DVC interfering with ROFR. Of course, if you anybody feel differently than me, that's okay, we all can decide what price we are willing to pay, bid up to, when buying, for whatever the reasons are, and that will help determine market price.

Great3
I agree. I think the walkway is nice and definitely adds value, but I don’t think it would cause the dramatic increase in price that has occurred the past couple of months.

Just weird it started taking off right around the same time they announced the walkway.

Not weird since almost all DVC resale pricing is up. What would be strange would be if it weren't up since most everything else is too.

And VGF is small and like BCV tends to have fewer contracts on the market. Supply and demand type stuff factoring in as well.

I think most people walk about 5mph, so I think if my math is right that comes to about 2.4min to walk .2 miles. 😎

Google says most people walk about 3 mph... which is actually slower than I was expecting. Learn something new every day. (Isn't the internet weird - never would have "known" this 20 years ago.)

Wow, you're fast 😅 I don't think I know anyone who walks a 10 minute mile... When I used to run on a treadmill I'd do around 3.5 mph as a walking warm up, and 5-6 mph would be a jog. When I walk at a similar pace at WDW, I feel like I'm passing a lot of people, and also there are usually too many people/objects around to actually maintain that pace. Plus we're on vacation and not necessarily trying to walk as fast as possible to get anywhere. I doubt that most people walk about 5 mph, which is a 12 minute mile. I'm not fast by any means, but I've passed a ton of people in races who were probably running 12 minute mile pace or slower, and that was running and not walking.

I do agree that the distance from VGF to MK is totally doable and we do the walk from BWV to HS often, which I believe is comparable. I get that it won't be for everyone, but I am super glad that we're going to have the option to walk from VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter